Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

It's been 6 months now...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> It's been 6 months now... Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
It's been 6 months now... - 2/5/2012 10:18:51 AM   
kweniston

Dear Matrix, it's now more than 6 months ago that XE5 described in full detail the Bridge/Supply bug in LSA (No bridge, big problem), causing faulty supply lines and exit routes. It's also almost 5 months that I and some others reported the critical 'unit data bug', causing maps to crash after battle, and thereby stalling Grand campaigns indefinitely (1, 2, look in the tech support for similar reports).

Some of the issues seem not that complicated to fix, maybe even all. As Steve McClaire and Matrix folk have mentioned, there IS a 'future update' planned for LSA. But what timeline are we talking about? We are now at T+6m.

It's also been 5 months now since I last played LSA, because frankly the current issues make it unplayable. This is a shame, because the game has potential to be the best CC ever, and I love CC, and so does the CC community, who might be very well the most loyal gamers out there (since 1996!). I am on the brink of getting some friends to CC, especially with some mods coming out now for LSA (GJS!), but I am not gonna recommend them a broken game.

So, for the game's sake, and for the community's sake, can Matrix give any priority to fixing these crippling bugs, or at least give some kind of a time frame as to when the patch will be released? Within a few (<3, <6?) months, a year, 2 years, 5 years, 2020? Perhaps a few issues can already be fixed with a small patch, while Matrix works on the bigger issues.

Thanks in advance!

< Message edited by kweniston -- 2/6/2012 11:15:26 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/5/2012 4:29:59 PM   
Tejszd

Good post kweniston!

It amazing that these items which are core to playing a campaign or operation in the game have not been dealt with. LSA really can only be played for single battles with these bugs....

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 2/6/2012 2:03:05 AM >

(in reply to kweniston)
Post #: 2
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/6/2012 2:00:39 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Kweniston,

We are actually discussing the issues and the update timing now. I'll get back to you on this ASAP once I discuss with Steve.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 3
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/7/2012 1:47:40 AM   
7A_Woulf

There was a time when I stood up for LSA, I participated in the "user-beta-test" with a hope for a good game, planned and worked to create mods... Sadly, the game is just FUBAR!
Just like Kweniston I haven't played since the summer, I had to dig out my secret list to find my user name for this site. Don't get me wrong, I still love CC, but until LSA have a final patch or I can find my CC5 CD again I have a more rewarding time playing the Sims 3 & WoW when I'm up for some computer-gaming.
And any future releases? -Maybe I give them a shot when I find them in the "for sale" box at my petrol-station...

Over-and-out

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/10/2012 2:17:43 AM   
rich12545

Don't hold your breath on this. It was last year, about this time iirc, that Eric promised a CC Modern Tactics patch by the end of the year.

(in reply to 7A_Woulf)
Post #: 5
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/10/2012 9:05:59 AM   
Andrew Williams

From 26 April 2009

quote:

Hi guys,

Sorry for the delay on the CCMT update, but it's finally getting close. We expect to go to public beta with it next week, so stand by for an announcement.

Regards,

- Erik

Still holding breath..........

(in reply to rich12545)
Post #: 6
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/10/2012 9:06:49 AM   
Andrew Williams

< Message edited by Andrew Williams -- 2/10/2012 9:10:58 AM >

(in reply to Andrew Williams)
Post #: 7
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/10/2012 9:08:56 AM   
Andrew Williams

I will say that at the time I was well into putting an update together along with an update to WaR (with a lot of community input)... but Matrix pulled the plug.

Post #: 8
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/11/2012 1:41:21 PM   
Bordic

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tejszd

Good post kweniston!

It amazing that these items which are core to playing a campaign or operation in the game have not been dealt with. LSA really can only be played for single battles with these bugs....

Yeah...I'd say appalling...

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 9
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/12/2012 9:52:01 AM   
Sapa

I compare this with a car factory..it keeps pumping out new cars with a damaged engine day after day..but if you make PC games its ok...

and i thought the people at this place was fans of the Close Combat game..it is real sad...

Mats

(in reply to Bordic)
Post #: 10
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/12/2012 10:08:40 AM   
Sapa

and i had to rework the mainscreen...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Sapa)
Post #: 11
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/12/2012 12:36:38 PM   
Reed

Hi

Matrix is pitiful since the close combat Releases.
Close combat is really dead!
Thank you matrix.

A fan since 1997

(in reply to Sapa)
Post #: 12
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/12/2012 10:41:42 PM   
kweniston

Especially because of new mods coming out now and maybe in the future that use LSA's advanced strategic options, I hope to see the main game finally fixed. Matrix, please give the community a break, and fix these critical bugs. The faulty unit data seems to have started with the latest patch... This should be traceable. Also the bridge/supply issue is well documented (by XE5), this is fixable by the way it looks.

Getting a realistic AI is probably still out of reach at the moment (unfortunately), although every improvement is appreciated. Anything else, all the optional improvements that have been suggested, would be a bonus to have. But the 2 main issues, these crippling bugs, should be really addressed 100%.

(in reply to Reed)
Post #: 13
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/14/2012 5:12:13 AM   
petersolo

Please Matrix, fix the bridge problem.

Peter

(in reply to kweniston)
Post #: 14
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/15/2012 6:29:49 AM   
tigercub

+3

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to petersolo)
Post #: 15
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/15/2012 3:44:14 PM   
Renato

I fully agree.

(in reply to kweniston)
Post #: 16
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/15/2012 4:26:24 PM   
Txema

Please, Matrix, the campaign is unplayable at the moment...

When can we expect a fix for this?

Txema

(in reply to Renato)
Post #: 17
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/16/2012 8:27:53 AM   
Andrew Williams

I'm sure they have more important things happening than have to release a game that works.

I'm still playing World of Tanks :)

(in reply to Txema)
Post #: 18
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/16/2012 8:37:47 AM   
grantr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Kweniston,

We are actually discussing the issues and the update timing now. I'll get back to you on this ASAP once I discuss with Steve.

Regards,

- Erik

This must be a heck of long discussion then

Actually, it's really not funny at all. The silence from Matrix on the "Bridge" and "Crash" issue is deafening. The grand campaign is unplayable. Some positive feedback would be appreciated.

Post #: 19
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/16/2012 10:00:15 AM   
Andrew Williams

C'mon, settle down

the game has only been out for one and half years.

the AI non movement in The Longest Day took just a little over two years to fix along with the trees not obscuring Line of Sight.

just lighten up....

(in reply to grantr)
Post #: 20
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/16/2012 6:18:32 PM   
berndn

quote:

ORIGINAL: grantr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Kweniston,

Regards,

- Erik

This must be a heck of long discussion then

Actually, it's really not funny at all. The silence from Matrix on the "Bridge" and "Crash" issue is deafening. The grand campaign is unplayable. Some positive feedback would be appreciated.

The silence is from Matrix is bad as well as not giving some infos why it took so long to make purchase with a long campaign playable. My motivation to start a new GC is not there as long as there is no more real communication between matrix, whoever develops the games and us, the customers which had paid for the re-releases. I'm not real angry but will hesitate to buy things from Matrix anymore.

The main reason for a forum here should be to get recent infos as well as to allow us to communicate. Is it really all a NDA issue? Seems worse then copyright and copyleft issues :D

(in reply to grantr)
Post #: 21
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/17/2012 9:52:07 AM   
Andrew Williams

bernd.. the reason is no one gives a stuff!

the guy running the show is a fruitcake and is quoted as saying "the people that really matter are happy, Matrixgames"

The only people left with passion are tejszd because of the meuse mod and cathartes with GJS.

Everyone else has just been burned by a mangement that just doesn't care about the product or the people.

(in reply to berndn)
Post #: 22
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/17/2012 3:41:30 PM   
berndn

Thanks for the answer. What really is sad is that the rest, tejszd and cathartes, can't simply choose to take the remaining stuff and make it somehow 'open-source' so that it would get a chance to get fixed. To many NDA, copyrights etc. My hopes are that the sources are shared along a couple of people so that regardless how this ends with matrix there's still hope to somehow survive.

And I still like that you give some info about the whole mess!

Post #: 23
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/17/2012 5:33:59 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

We are not ignoring this, but there are more things to discuss and plan behind the scenes than I can discuss here. I apologize for the delay, but these issues will be fixed.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to berndn)
Post #: 24
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/17/2012 5:34:53 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Andrew,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Williams
bernd.. the reason is no one gives a stuff!
the guy running the show is a fruitcake and is quoted as saying "the people that really matter are happy, Matrixgames"
The only people left with passion are tejszd because of the meuse mod and cathartes with GJS.
Everyone else has just been burned by a mangement that just doesn't care about the product or the people.

This is neither constructive or informed.

Just in case anyone is in doubt, the above is Andrew's opinion and not fact.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 2/17/2012 5:38:03 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 25
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/17/2012 6:22:04 PM   
kweniston

Thanks for the info guys, but we do get very little factual updates here. The real -blatant- fact is that LSA is in a pretty bugged/bogged state at the moment, and the longer it stays that way the worse the publicity gets. I think the people here have been pretty patient so far... that's because they love the game so much. And there is still more to be had in the CC series, but LSA will be the touchstone the CC community will judge Matrix by (let alone other Matrix' publications).

I keep my fingers crossed! Thanks in advance for fixing the issues! Would be nice if we hear some sort of timeframe soon.

Post #: 26
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/18/2012 3:54:51 AM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone, I spoke with the project leaders today and we should have firm information on the update timeline for you next week.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to kweniston)
Post #: 27
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/18/2012 5:21:52 AM   
Andrew Williams

Updates required for

LSA
tLD
WaR
CCMT
CoI

Mostly as a result of the (not so) recent mega-patch

Are there plans to test any patches before release this time?

Post #: 28
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/18/2012 11:33:53 AM   
Platoon_Michael

Did that conversation involve WAR too?

Post #: 29
RE: It's been 6 months now... - 2/18/2012 5:38:29 PM   
Tejszd

And TLD? As it WAR have the same campaign/operation saved game corruption problem....

(in reply to Platoon_Michael)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> It's been 6 months now... Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI