Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Fires, red text and luck.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Fires, red text and luck. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Fires, red text and luck. - 2/19/2012 7:09:11 PM   
Cage

Hello there. Started my first campaign against the AI. I'm an experienced wargamer but not with this system, so I figure thats a decent handicap for fighting against the AI.

A couple of questions...

I'm loading an Artillery type ground element to transport to Pearl Harbour, the text on loading it is in red...what does that mean? I'm worried I'm sending men and no guns to Pearl.

I have a BB at pearl...it went from 98 Float to 97 (50 odd major), 56 fire to 70 on Dec 8th. Sitting at 53 sys damage. Whats the the outlook? I'm desperately hoping it can stay afloat, more for nostalgia than game effect.

My bad luck was the Pearl Harbour attack sunk 7 Battleships outright, so the above is my last BB currently.

Thanks for reading.
Post #: 1
RE: Fires, red text and luck. - 2/19/2012 8:03:10 PM   
Joe D.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cage

I'm loading an Artillery type ground element to transport to Pearl Harbour, the text on loading it is in red...what does that mean? I'm worried I'm sending men and no guns to Pearl ...

Sounds like you need more ships; there's a button at the bottom of the loading menu asking you to "verify" the load, and from there I recall another menu and button for "add more ships" which should eventually get you out of the red.

BTW, I've had ships sink while still in port; while viewing all your ships at anchor, hit the "manage ships" button at the bottom to see if you can get your BB into drydock, but as long as its on fire, it may not be possible.

Stratford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"The Angel of Okinawa"

Home of the Chance-Vought Corsair, F4U
The best fighter-bomber of World War II

(in reply to Cage)
Post #: 2
RE: Fires, red text and luck. - 2/20/2012 4:27:51 AM   
Itdepends

And if you haven't already upgraded to the current beta, or at least the latest official patch- do it now. The interface changes make life sooo much easier.

Welcome to the forum and AE

My commisserations to your significant other and everyone else who will be seeing much less of you from now on.

(in reply to Joe D.)
Post #: 3
RE: Fires, red text and luck. - 2/20/2012 5:17:07 AM   
jmalter

also condolences on your infamous losses at PH, i think it much more usual that while all your beebs will get badly mangled, only 1 or 2 are sunk outright.

wrt that 'add more ships' button on the 'verify load' screen, on occaision you'll prefer to use the 'back' button instead, manually cancel the loading of each unit, then 'back' again to manually select a ship to add to the TF. especially when speed is important to your convoy, the computer might assign a 12-movement freighter to your 17-movement TF.

(in reply to Itdepends)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Fires, red text and luck. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI