Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Alexander's World Tour

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great >> After Action Reports >> RE: Alexander's World Tour Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 10/25/2004 7:51:15 PM   
Marathon

I deploy my forces into two separate wings with a small reserve in between them. The left wing, under the command of Philotas, has the overall goal of protecting my baggage train and when that is not threatened, support the attack of the right wing. The right wing is under my direct command and my goal is the second objective located in the center of the Persian army. The right wing is composed of my elite lancers and heavy infantry for maximum offensive potential. The infantry includes the best hoplites and asthentairoi; Coenus, Craterus and Ptolemy.

Philotas: My left wing has been given orders to protect Alexander's baggage. The troops are a mixture of veterans and newcomers who are fighting in their first battle. My one advantage is the baggage has been placed on top of a large hill and I can use the higher elevation to offset the inexperience of my newer soldiers. Also, Kallias has been assigned to my wing. His elite archers definitely make me less nervous.

Amyntas: Alexander has given me command of the reserve component. Although it contains only four units, it is a diverse mixture of my own hoplites, slingers, hypaspistai and agriani. I have been given orders to first support the left wing with defense of the baggage train then switch to offense as soon as the first object has been secured.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 91
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 10/27/2004 6:33:00 PM   
Marathon

I push the right wing forward and maintain an unbroken line by slowing the pace of the cavalry.

Philotas: Some minor adjustments are made.

Amyntas: The reserve moves to its assigned position.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 92
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 10/27/2004 6:41:50 PM   
Marathon

I shift my second line of cavalry farther south to exploit any penetrations in the Persians when we meet.

Philotas: The reserve arrives on my right.

Amyntas: My troops are halted on a hill slope, lengthening the defensive line guarding the baggage.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 93
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 10/27/2004 6:58:59 PM   
Marathon

I halt the right wing at the top of a plateau before proceeding on the plains. Experience tells me this is where Darius might be waiting with his chariots. I will hear what my scouts have to say before moving any farther.

The Persians are predictable. Scythed Chariots, cavalry and infantry units appear to my front. I will use the terrain to my advantage.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 94
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 10/27/2004 7:27:22 PM   
Marathon

I order my infantry to defend while my cavalry goes on the offensive. Antiochus kills the first of many Persians that will die this day. Beerju charges Craterus uphill. The Persians make some headway until Beerju is pulled from his chariot and hacked to pieces. In a counter-attack, Craterus' men eliminate the rest of his shattered unit. Keekoboo drives his chariots into Demetrius with no success either. My bodyguards and I bloodlessly push back Abadan's cavalry.

Philotas: The Persians appear before me including two units of Indian War Elephants and Indian cavalry. I steady the men in anticipation of our first encounter with elephants in combat. The mere site of them has a detrimental effect on my troops.

Amyntas: I wait to see what the Persians will do before making my move.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marathon -- 10/27/2004 1:59:39 PM >

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 95
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 10/27/2004 8:02:32 PM   
Marathon

The last of Keekoboo's men fall before Demetrius' lancers. The bad news is he is now at half strength and the battle has just begun. Calis hits Ballengee's chariots in the flank, killing almost all of the enemy.

Philotas: Quickly play Shield Wall on Asclepiades and Sitalies because they are each in danger of being attacked by two units. Protomachus defends against the charge of Utana and the Persians lose 700 men. Xshathrita assaults Asclepiades uphill and still manages to lose only a few more men that my men. On the other hand, Vindafarnah loses four times more men then Asclepiades making me happy that I played the card on him. Kallias' arrows add to Vindafarnah's misery. Rheomithres fails to dislodge Sitalies and his men fall back towards their Persian friends. Hitan has about the same lack of success against Agathon. Although I have blunted the initial Persian attacks, I have lost quite a few men myself.

Amyntas: I can see that Philotas has his hands full. They do not seem to care about me. I will make them pay by hitting their open left flank. Acacius' slingers punctuates my resolve with 300 Persian deaths.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 96
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 10/30/2004 6:02:16 PM   
Marathon

My guards drive into Iraj and push his men backwards. Arrabaeus charges Kevina but each suffer about the same number of losses. To break the stalemate, I play a Poison card on Arrabaeus. His men then kill 400 more of Kevina's men without incurring a single loss. My bodyguards are then sent into Abadan again. Calis again proves his worth by eliminating the remaining charioteers of Ballengee.

Philotas: Protomachus is ordered to withdraw as he is about to get flanked. Vivana charges Sitalies and the Persians only lose a few men but are still retreat. Hitan tries to assault Agathon but he incurs sever casualties and the same happens to Vaumissa when he tries to dislodge Asclepiades from the ridge. I play Fire Arrow on Kallias with high hopes that he can relieve some of the pressure on my left flank. His archers do not disapoint as Arsites command is withered to nothingness under a hail of fiery death. My men are holding but the war elephants are still approaching.

Amyntas: Acacius continues his bombardment and Orathythes' cavalry is reduced to half strength before they can even engage. I send Hegelochus' infantry into the Persians and Oranthyes is down to his last 200 men. My men try to move up to Philotas' right but the Persians are not cooperating.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marathon -- 10/30/2004 1:36:28 PM >

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 97
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 10/30/2004 6:55:50 PM   
Marathon

Good news. Not only does Calis destroy the remainder of Kevina's men, but I and my bodyguards exterminated Abadon and his men. To end this skirmish quicker, I play Poison cards on Calis and Arrabaeus who are position to use their positive momentum on more Persians soldiers. It seems the Philotas is under a sever amount of pressure and I need to free some troops to go to his aid. Arrabaeus lancers slice through Iraj's men, killing them all (700 men) including Iraj himself. Calis kills 800 of Myrander's infantry and they rout. Antiochus' archers eliminated the rest of Fariboz's chariots. The Persian left is collapsing so I send word to Amyntas that he has the authority to use some of troops if he needs them.

Philotas: Sitalies retreats instead of being charged by Sanul's elephants. Also, I play Shield Wall on Asclepiades and Rally on Agathon in anticipation of the Persian attacks. Utana dares to charge my unit and gets pushed back with a good number of dead at my feet. Erdog then tries his luck but my men hold off his attack, as well. As expected, Shecanth charges Asclepiades and 400 Persian dead are added to the pile in front of the baggage. Agathon's new found courage pays off as Hitan's Indian cavalry is eliminated in another attack. The last gasp of Vindafarnah is heard as his command is eliminated again (Does that make it three battles now?).

In the confusion of battle, Kallias' archers are exposed to Purgav's regular infantry. Instead of moving him, I play Fire Arrow on him again and order him to target Sanul. Kallias does kill some of Sanul's war elephants before Purgav charges him. In a shocker, Purgav is routed by the ferocity of Kallias' defense (I did not know Fire Arrow also helps in melee).

Amyntas: I call upon some of Alexander's right wing infantry to support me and advance towards the rear of Persians.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marathon -- 10/30/2004 1:19:55 PM >

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 98
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 10/30/2004 7:24:59 PM   
Marathon

I witness Calis' men run down more of Myrander's routed command but then breaks off to assault Hadr's unbroken infantry. In the swirling melee, Hadr loses almost a thousand men while Calis is barely damaged at all. I send my own unit into a frontal charge against Jambo's Indian cavalry. I do kill 400 of his soldiers but my own unit is now below half strength.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marathon -- 10/30/2004 1:32:52 PM >

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 99
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 10/30/2004 7:25:54 PM   
Marathon

Philotas: The Indian elephants are pushing back my left flank and are threatening to penetrate the center of my lines. I play Berserk on Agathon and Sitalies to add to their defense. Sitalies is successful and Rhoemithries has to fall back and Agathon also forces Vivana to disengage. Utana tries to attack me again and his unit is destroyed because of his rashness. Then, I have to fight off another attempt by Erdog which reduces my tired command to half strength.

Kallias could not withdrawal his men in time so Jorah's elephants trampled 400 of his archers but the do not falter. I also receive word that Sanul has eliminated Agathon's unit. Curses on those damn elephants! I send a messenger to Amyntas telling him that those fiends must be slaughtered at all cost.

Amyntas: Meleager's men salivated as Purgav's routed men come into their sights and more Persians die. Hegelochus crushes the remaining men of Orathythes and then I order Hegelochus' to attack Jorah's elephants . He is to pay whatever the price to eliminate them.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marathon -- 10/30/2004 1:32:29 PM >

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 100
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 10/30/2004 7:52:34 PM   
Marathon

My men are surrounding and isolating what is left of the Persian left flank but they have to still wary of the two chariot units that are still active. Coenus' spears strike the flank of the retreating Boobak which eliminates on those chariot units. Calis does not let up on Hadr's shaken men and drives them further back with 400 more dead. I mistakenly think Jambo's men will not hold and order my weakened bodyguards to charge. They have never failed me before but I push them to far. They are lost and barely escape.

Philotas: I desperately need Amyntas to attack more aggressively. It is Xshathrita's turn to attack my position. Once again, my men defeat the Persian attack and Xhshathrita pushed back right into the path of Meleager and they do not survive. Erdog's infantry attempts their third attack and this one ends in failure without my men losing a single man. My own cavalry has not budged an inch from multiple Persian charges.

Amyntas: Philotas sacrifice has allowed my men to hit the exposed Persian flank. I play a Rally card on Hegelochus before he charges Jorah again. He has lost almost half his men but Jorah's elephants are all killed.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 101
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/1/2004 4:04:52 PM   
Marathon

Now that my bodyguards are gone, I can roam the battlefield. Calis finishes off Jambo. The Indian cavalry are just as poor as their Persian counterparts. Luckily for Calis, his overaggresiveness does not cost him. While his men celebrate, Hadr surprises them but the elite lancers inflict more loses on the Persians than they receive. Coenus, anticipating Hadr's attack, slams into his flank killing a great number of the Persians.

I send Ptolemy into the rear of Zarin's infantry and the Persians are thrown back in confusion. Nicanor spots an opportunity when Guda's chariots pass and also leave their backside exposed. His swordsmen cut down most of the horses and charioteers before the can even react and the survivors rout. The Persians left has been destroyed.

Philotas: I wish Ascleiades to get out of the way of those elephants but he decides to stand firm. I play a Berserk card on him but he does not help much as the remainder of his cavalrymen are run over by Sanul's elephants. Asclepiades' men are avenged when Kallias showers the war elephants into oblivion. My archers are are having a deadly effect while the Persian archers have been harmless. I have barely noticed their existence.

Amyntas: The reserve arrives! My own unit flanks Erdog's infantry and kills 700 men. Parmenio's and Meleager's heavy troops drive through archers and routed units that dare to get in the way. Parmenio kills almost 1000 Persians in a few minutes.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marathon -- 11/1/2004 10:05:48 AM >

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 102
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/1/2004 4:05:25 PM   
Marathon

I order Coenus and Antiochus to break off and head North and send Demetrius East to scout. Darius is out there somewhere. The rest of the right wing can clean up. Hadr and Guda are eliminated while Ptolemy and Sitalkes combine to kill 700 more of Zarin's men.

Philotas: The Persians have decimated me but they still have taken the objective and they have paid dearly for every inch of ground. The objective and Kallias are now vulnerable. Protomachus charges Rheomithres and pushes him back in a bold assault.

Amyntas: My spearmen attack Shecath's cavalry and inflict sever loses then Acacius stones the rest to death. Parmenio eliminates the command of Erdog.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marathon -- 11/1/2004 10:30:51 AM >

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 103
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/1/2004 4:51:04 PM   
Marathon

I send the rest of my infantry to support Philotas and leave Zarin, who has routed, to the less experienced units. Sitalkes rides down 400 more of Zarin's men.

Philotas: Kallias is forced to withdrawal from danger. Rheomithries decides to go out in a blaze of glory instead of waiting for the inevitable. Protomachus makes it a short lived charge. Even though he has lost half is men, Sitalies charges Vaumisa who is chasing Kallias. The Persian cavalry is struck from behind. Vaumisa is driven from the saddle with a spear through his torso.

Amyntas: I halt my unit and rally their slightly shaken confidence. Meleager and the newly arrived Craterus press onward into the Persian mass. Meleager's hoplites push back Sh*trite but suffer heavily loses. On the other hand, Craterus slices through Rafraiz's archers and do not lose a man. I also get missile support from Antiochus who adds more enemy archer casualties. The Persian archers have been ineffective but that does not mean I will not leave them be.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marathon -- 11/1/2004 11:41:13 AM >

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 104
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/1/2004 5:41:22 PM   
Marathon

Scouts report that the Persians have indeed have second line protecting the second objective including units of Persian regular infantry, Indian light infantry, and Immortals. That coward Darius is most likely hiding with the women among the Persian baggage. I send word to all my units that as soon as they are not engage, they are to move eastward.

Philotas: Once again, Kallias' archers show that they are not so helpless in melee combat as Vaumisa command is eliminated.

Amyntas: The Persian right flank disappears. Sarafraz is killed and his men rout while the rest of Rafraiz's archers lie on the ground. Sh*thrite decides to charge Meleager. It will be his last mistake. Meleager's shields do not allow a single Persian to advance while 600 more Persians are slaughtered.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 105
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/1/2004 5:58:10 PM   
Marathon

Demetrius sends a messenger that he has discovered the left flank of the Persian defense and will explore further. The rest of my troops approach the line piecemeal so the take up defensive positions until the rest of men arrive for the final push. Sitalkes sends word that Zarin's unit has been cut down. My rear area is clear.

Philotas: Sitalies and I double team Vivana and he retreats. Objective one is secured.

Amyntas: Alexander sends word that I am to move my men East to form the another attack.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 106
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/1/2004 6:11:23 PM   
Marathon

I begin to form a line of battle but it seems the Persians have other ideas. They break form their line and head towards me, making their left flank and inviting target for my cavalry.

Amyntas: Sarafraz rallies his men just in time to lose 700 more men to his pursuers.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 107
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/1/2004 6:23:36 PM   
Marathon

The infantry deploys on a small hill. If the Persians want to attack before I am ready, they will be in for a surprise. Sitalkes attacks Borzu's infantry who had moved to far forward.

Amyntas: I cut down the rest of Sarafraz's men.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marathon -- 11/1/2004 12:31:11 PM >

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 108
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/1/2004 6:38:52 PM   
Marathon

My plan is to outmaneuver and isolate the three Immortal units as they are the biggest threats. I have no worries about the rest of the enemy forces. Amyntas and the reserve arrive and I send orders for them to strike the Persian right.

Antiochus continues my long range domination as 500 of Jain's Indiana light infantry fall. Sitalkes routs Borzu who is all alone.

Philotas: All that I have to worry about now is Vivana. I distract him so Protamachus can charge him from the rear. Vivana dies with the rest of his troops.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 109
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/1/2004 6:48:17 PM   
Marathon

My cavalry runs circles around the Immortals, confusing them and drawing them further away from the rest of the Persian defense. Calis punishes Borzu more for his rashness. My center attacks before the Persians can gain momentum. Coenus and Nicanor both charge and push back their opponents with light casualties. Antiochus' arrows tear through Persius.

Philotas: Sitalies finds Purgav's command hiding in the hills to the North. They routed and earlier I and guess they thought they could hide.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 110
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/1/2004 6:58:50 PM   
Marathon

Coenus and Nicanor press forward. Coenus' armored troops drive Jain's Indians back with 400 men lost. Nicanor slices through Shahi's archers before they could even fire off one arrow. He then sees an opening to hit Aorang's amrtaka in the flank and does so with good results. Craterus, even and half strength, forces Persius to fall back away from Antiochus. Ptolemy defends against the charge of Maji's Indians and both of them are bloodied. Hephaestion's men pay dearly for their leader's mistake as they are caught in the flank by Favarti and lose 400 men.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 111
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/1/2004 7:12:33 PM   
Marathon

Nanus' Apple Bearers are flanked by Arrabaeus and leaves his dead strewn across the landscape. Craterus attacks Persius again and the Persians rout. They flee right into Meleager's path. Over a thousand of Persius' men are killed including Persius himself. Aorang gets his revenge on Nicanor and my swordsmen are forced to withdrawal. I receive word that Darius' chariot has been spotted.

Philotas: Purgav's desperately charges Sitalies to escape the battlefield. Sitalies cavalry mercilessly cuts them all down and beheads Purgav for the trophy.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 112
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/1/2004 7:26:27 PM   
Marathon

I wish my bodyguards were here to see this carnage. The Persians are falling in great numbers and their will soon be broken. Coenus' strikes Maji's rear and kills 800 of his men without a loss. Parmenio charges Nanus from the flank but does not disrupt him from meleeing Arrabaeus. Fortunately, Arrabaeus was ready for this even after eliminating Jain. Nanus loses 400 men and his command routs. With their commander dead, Acacius' slingers finish off the shattered troops of Persius. Demetrius routs Shahi's archers and clears some of the remaining Persians clustered around the second objective.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 113
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/1/2004 7:42:53 PM   
Marathon

Darius is seen again as he skulks in the rear while his men die by the thousands. The Persians seem to be concentrating on attacking my right flank all they hit is air. My cavalry keeps them distracted as my infantry crushes their center and right. The missiles units, behind the infantry, use an height advantage to sweep the battlefield.

Nicanor continues to battle Aorang's Immortals. He flanks them and pushes the Persians back away from the objective. Nicanor uses that victory to propel his troops into Maji. He and Acacius erase his command.

Philotas: I hustle what is left of left wing to help Alexander any way I can. Protomachus surprises Myrander before he could charge Amyntas:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 114
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/1/2004 7:54:30 PM   
Marathon

The Persians are at the breaking point in relationship to their will to fight. Shahi rallys his archers in the face of Demetrius' lancers but it all but delays the inevitable. Once again, Demetrius routs him and runs them down to the last man. Socrates finally gets his unit into combat with a successful charge versus Minos' infantry. My missile units strike down 900 more Persians. Protomachus pursuit of Lycaon bags 400 more Persian casualties. I play Health cards on Demetrius, Nicanor and Philotas.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 115
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/1/2004 7:58:13 PM   
Marathon

The Persian Empire is mine. My light cavalry took the most damage but they served their purpose.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Marathon -- 11/1/2004 2:02:29 PM >

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 116
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/1/2004 8:01:42 PM   
Marathon

My men were particularly successful in killing the Persian leaders.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 117
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/1/2004 8:06:13 PM   
Marathon

I enter Babylon and begin my assimulation of the Persian Empire. My insatiable lust fro conquest drives me towards Indian and land ruled by Porus. I learn that Darius was murdered by his generals for his cowerdice.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 118
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 11/10/2004 3:20:36 PM   
Marathon

Been busy this week and I am still trying to beat the Indians.

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 119
RE: Alexander's World Tour - 2/21/2012 9:40:15 AM   
Anguille

Interesting...i find neither here nor in the Koios AAR the end of the Indian battle. It seems impossible to win this battle without elite troops...anyone?

(in reply to Marathon)
Post #: 120
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Alexander the Great >> After Action Reports >> RE: Alexander's World Tour Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 [4]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI