Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: WitPTracker AE Release 99.99

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 99.99 Page: <<   < prev  108 109 [110] 111 112   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 99.99 - 2/18/2012 1:53:23 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: dorjun driver

Why has the version number in the message banner gone from 1.8 to 1.0?

Depends on which message you reply to.

(in reply to dorjun driver)
Post #: 3271
RE: DBB extended map region file - 2/18/2012 1:58:28 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigDuke66

A while ago I request a feature that shows alerts for unloaded units, now I think this request gains a bit importance because if I move an unloaded unit in strategic mod overland the arrival at the destination hex doesn't trigger an alert like it usually does.
I my case I unloaded the II Fighter Command at Townsville in strategic mod and after unloading I gave a move order to Charter Towers also in strategic mod and now as the unit arrived I check the alert list and there is no alert regarding this arrival.

Not sure what's happening here - the arrival at destination hex check doesn't care about the op mode, it just checks that the destination from the previous turn equals the current hex. In strategic move mode, the unit could move more than 1 hex a turn and that could be confusing it.
I may need a before/after example...

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 3272
RE: WitPTracker AE Release ∞ - 2/18/2012 9:06:13 AM   
dorjun driver

10–4 Eleanor.

I knew that.

x - ARPAnaut
x - ACM
x - AES
Current - Bum

The paths of glory may lead you to the grave, but the paths of duty may not get you anywhere.
JT

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3273
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 2/18/2012 1:50:51 PM   
USSAmerica

quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

Windows 7 64bit running,

What's the matter for that error message?

Floyd or Damian, is this something that should/could be cleared up by deleting and recreating the trackerdb.* files?

Historiker, since I happen to know this is a db for a new game, try deleting each file that starts with trackerdb.xxx in your tracker folder. There should be 4 of them, or 6 if there is currently an attempt to open the db. Then, when you restart tracker, it will attempt to create them fresh.

Hope this helps!

Mike

"Good times will set you free" - Jimmy Buffett

"They need more rum punch" - Me

Artwork by The Amazing Dixie

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 3274
RE: DBB extended map region file - 2/18/2012 3:22:27 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: floydg

quote:

A while ago I request a feature that shows alerts for unloaded units, now I think this request gains a bit importance because if I move an unloaded unit in strategic mod overland the arrival at the destination hex doesn't trigger an alert like it usually does.
I my case I unloaded the II Fighter Command at Townsville in strategic mod and after unloading I gave a move order to Charter Towers also in strategic mod and now as the unit arrived I check the alert list and there is no alert regarding this arrival.

Not sure what's happening here - the arrival at destination hex check doesn't care about the op mode, it just checks that the destination from the previous turn equals the current hex. In strategic move mode, the unit could move more than 1 hex a turn and that could be confusing it.

I'm pretty sure that I see Alerts for units in those situations...

As an aside, what would be nice is an Alert for when a unit finishes changing into or out of Strat Mode.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3275
RE: WitPTracker AE Release 1.0 - 2/18/2012 4:44:10 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

Windows 7 64bit running,

What's the matter for that error message?

Floyd or Damian, is this something that should/could be cleared up by deleting and recreating the trackerdb.* files?

Historiker, since I happen to know this is a db for a new game, try deleting each file that starts with trackerdb.xxx in your tracker folder. There should be 4 of them, or 6 if there is currently an attempt to open the db. Then, when you restart tracker, it will attempt to create them fresh.

Hope this helps!

Yeah, Mike, deleting those files should do it. The SA user not being found does sound like some kind of corruption. Maybe just one of the auxiliary database files (trackerdb.script), but I'm not sure about how HSQLDB works in this regard.

Floyd

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 3276
RE: DBB extended map region file - 2/18/2012 4:54:13 PM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

quote:

As an aside, what would be nice is an Alert for when a unit finishes changing into or out of Strat Mode.

I'm looking at the code and it doesn't care about strategic or non-strategic move. It checks the last turn's destination and then compares it with the new turn's location. If the same and it wasn't there before, the alert is generated. If it's not happening, I'd need a specific example.

The suggested alert is possible, but currently we don't read the pack/unpack time from the save. I'll see what can be done.

Floyd

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3277
RE: DBB extended map region file - 2/18/2012 6:14:01 PM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

quote:

quote:

I'm looking at the code and it doesn't care about strategic or non-strategic move. It checks the last turn's destination and then compares it with the new turn's location. If the same and it wasn't there before, the alert is generated. If it's not happening, I'd need a specific example.

The suggested alert is possible, but currently we don't read the pack/unpack time from the save. I'll see what can be done.

Floyd

A comparison might be necessary too. Otherwise you will miss units that only take 1 turn to change.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3278
RE: DBB extended map region file - 2/18/2012 9:44:11 PM   
BigDuke66

quote:

Floyd

I think that's the point.
I always load the autosave, now(after the Tracker read the autosave) if a unit is sitting in strategic mode at the start of the turn and then a location is set to move to it will not be recognize before the next autosave is read by the tracker but when the unit already arrives next turn then there is nothing to compare in the autosave as the location it was ordered to move to is already reached and that info was deleted.
So basically in one autosave no destination is set and in the next autosave there is also no destination set but the unit is at a different location than before.
I hope I explained it understandable.

All this usually doesn't happen because the player changes the unit to strategic mod & sets a destination the same turn and this will be read out of the next autosave before then unit even started to move.

< Message edited by BigDuke66 -- 2/18/2012 10:33:34 PM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3279
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/19/2012 1:07:56 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

Floyd

I always load the autosave, now(after the Tracker read the autosave) if a unit is sitting in strategic mode at the start of the turn and then a location is set to move to it will not be recognize before the next autosave is read by the tracker but when the unit already arrives next turn then there is nothing to compare in the autosave as the location it was ordered to move to is already reached and that info was deleted.
So basically in one autosave no destination is set and in the next autosave there is also no destination set but the unit is at a different location than before.

All this usually doesn't happen because the player changes the unit to strategic mod & sets a destination the same turn and this will be read out of the next autosave before then unit even started to move.

Okay, I understand your point. I could check if an LCU has no destination but changed location to catch that case, but I think it will add in other cases as well, such as when an LCU unloads from a ship and when an LCU is moved by air transport. If those additional cases are undesireable, then you're out of luck on these "same turn moved" cases.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 3280
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/19/2012 2:34:56 PM   
Historiker

I reinstalled it, and there are new problems.

Attachment (1)

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3281
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/19/2012 2:53:10 PM   
floydg

quote:

I reinstalled it, and there are new problems.

Make sure you copy the latest pwsdll.dll file from the game folder to the WitPTracker folder, remove the trackerdb.* files and try again.

That was my sig at some point...

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 3282
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/19/2012 6:36:15 PM   
BigDuke66

quote:

Okay, I understand your point. I could check if an LCU has no destination but changed location to catch that case, but I think it will add in other cases as well, such as when an LCU unloads from a ship and when an LCU is moved by air transport. If those additional cases are undesireable, then you're out of luck on these "same turn moved" cases.

Sounds great and that these additional cases are covered too is also very helpful.

BTW will there be a beta for the new tracker version or will you release a final 1.9 right away?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3283
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/19/2012 6:44:37 PM   
Historiker

awesome, its finally running!

I doubt it is even possible to play the Jap side without the tracker. Matrix should buy you in

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3284
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/19/2012 8:17:55 PM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

quote:

Floyd

I think those two cases you point out are desirable.

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3285
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/19/2012 8:30:14 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

Sounds great and that these additional cases are covered too is also very helpful.

BTW will there be a beta for the new tracker version or will you release a final 1.9 right away?

I'll see what I can do.

No beta - it is what it is. If something is badly broken, we'll fix it quickly.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 3286
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/20/2012 5:07:13 AM   
BigDuke66

Thanks.

Now I have to come back to the sunk ship list.
Seems to me that some additional fog of war is laid on the sunk ship list that causes the tracker to display strange results:
84 Ship CS Chitose Enemy ship falsely reported sunk Originally reported sunk on turn 37
85 Ship CS Chitose Enemy ship sunk Sunk by 500 lb GP Bomb at Legaspi

Now what is interesting is that in both turns the game keep displaying it as sunk on 18th December 41, also there was no "Falsely reported" entry in the OpsReport for turn 84 and the turn 37 that is mentioned isn't the turn it was reported sunk it's the turn this message was in the allied OpsReport:
CS Chitose is reported to have been sunk near Legaspi on Dec 18, 1941

Also strange that the CS Chitose wasn't reported as sunk before so how can the tracker come up with a "Enemy ship falsely reported sunk" message?

I can provide the autosave files for this and the last turn, need something else?

< Message edited by BigDuke66 -- 2/20/2012 5:29:13 AM >

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3287
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/20/2012 7:23:20 AM   
BigDuke66

Another thing you might want to look at are the TOE upgrade alerts:
This seem to be the usual:
83 LCU 6th Medium Regiment TOE of LCU upgraded Located at Madras

But what about this one, the alert name is different, no unit is listed and also no base:
85 LCU 41 Armoured Tank Regiment TOE upgraded
This alert was for the 2/4th Armored Regiment, an Australien unit.

EDIT:
This is strange I now had a tracker alert for 2/4th Armored Regiment and that it upgraded it's TOE.
Can it be that the former alert was a general alert that a new TOE is available for a formation?

< Message edited by BigDuke66 -- 2/21/2012 6:04:02 PM >

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 3288
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/22/2012 8:30:22 AM   
JocMeister

I´ve started having huge problems loading tracker. I get no error messages at all. I have to try several times before I get it to start properly. I click the bat file as usual and it pops up normally but then just stays there. I have tried letting it stay that way for a hour and still no luck. I then close the window and try again several times and suddenly it works. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Loading takes between 80-200 seconds when I does work.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 3289
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/23/2012 12:31:56 AM   
floydg

quote:

ORIGINAL: JocMeister

I´ve started having huge problems loading tracker. I get no error messages at all. I have to try several times before I get it to start properly. I click the bat file as usual and it pops up normally but then just stays there. I have tried letting it stay that way for a hour and still no luck. I then close the window and try again several times and suddenly it works. Any ideas what could be causing this?

Not really sure. Could be a slow PC... how does it perform if you reboot the PC and run just WitPTracker?

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3290
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/23/2012 11:33:40 AM   
JocMeister

quote:

quote:

Not really sure. Could be a slow PC... how does it perform if you reboot the PC and run just WitPTracker?

Well I have a 3,4GHz quad core with 8GB DDR3 so I doubt its that.
Any ideas on what I could try?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3291
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/23/2012 1:07:25 PM   
floydg

quote:

quote:

quote:

Well I have a 3,4GHz quad core with 8GB DDR3 so I doubt its that.
Any ideas on what I could try?

WitPTracker takes longer to start up as you load more turns. It is completely deterministic -- with the same saved database, the start-up is exactly the same.

If you have the same number of turns loaded and the start-up time varies, it has to be the PC itself -- other programs running/accessing the hard drive, etc. Even the best PC can get bogged down.

Please try running WitPTracker on a freshly rebooted PC with nothing else running and see if the start-up time changes.

Floyd

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3292
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/23/2012 3:22:11 PM   
JocMeister

Same thing. Fails to start a few times and then suddenly it works. I just rememberd that I had some problems with tracker before. Not enoght memory or something like that. I can´t remember were I read it but I did change the numbers in witptracker.bat to -Xms512m -Xmx768m and that solved it.

Could it be related?

(in reply to floydg)
Post #: 3293
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/23/2012 5:27:24 PM   
BigDuke66

What Windows do you use? Maybe a 64-Bit version would help.
Also try to defrag the tracker database.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3294
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/24/2012 2:37:19 AM   
Crimguy

I give up. Cannot get it to run under Windows 7 x64. Keep getting the java out of memory error. I tried all the workarounds listed on the site.

(in reply to BigDuke66)
Post #: 3295
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/24/2012 5:52:48 AM   
JocMeister

BigDuke66, I have Win 7 64bit so that doesn´t help :(

(in reply to Crimguy)
Post #: 3296
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/24/2012 10:07:12 AM   
dorjun driver

quote:

BigDuke66, I have Win 7 64bit so that doesn´t help :(

How much memory? I've got 8 gig and use -Xms512m -Xmx768m. The thing runs like a champ.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3297
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/24/2012 10:41:39 AM   
JocMeister

quote:

ORIGINAL: dorjun driver

How much memory? I've got 8 gig and use -Xms512m -Xmx768m. The thing runs like a champ.

So do I. Still fails to load without message most of the times. What kind of loadingtimes to you get?

Post #: 3298
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/24/2012 10:53:24 AM   
dorjun driver

About 19" for scenario #1. Right now I'm only 10 turns in so there's that. On the other hand, I'm using a three year old processor (AMD Phenom II X2 550).

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 3299
RE: LCU arrived alert - 2/24/2012 2:41:03 PM   
JocMeister

I´m getting around 80s but we are on turn 127 so thats probably to be expected. Today it started on the 3rd try. New record I think :p

Post #: 3300
Page:   <<   < prev  108 109 [110] 111 112   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: WitPTracker AE Release 99.99 Page: <<   < prev  108 109 [110] 111 112   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI