Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

MOUSE LAGS?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> MOUSE LAGS? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
MOUSE LAGS? - 2/26/2012 11:43:57 PM   
USS Wyoming

I've seen some older posts regarding erratic mouse behavior. I've tried my original Logitech wired version, my Logitech wireless version and my brand new Microsoft wireless mouse. All of them result in lagging performance. The wired mouse may have had the least, but it is also slowest.

I am using the downloaded version of PCO, but I do have my boxed version that I have never opened, could that improve anything? When the mouse pointer lags, your always waiting for it to catchup and overshooting the spot.

I played the demo version and I do not recall issues with the mouse. I've read all the posts regarding this issue and in one instance a different mouse solved it, but I've tried three.

What next?
Thanks,
Post #: 1
RE: MOUSE LAGS? - 2/26/2012 11:52:13 PM   
junk2drive

In my case over the last few years, every time I got a better computer, the less I had problems with the mouse. The tutorial battle is one of the least stressful for the machine. How is the mouse in that one?

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to USS Wyoming)
Post #: 2
RE: MOUSE LAGS? - 2/27/2012 4:35:55 AM   
USS Wyoming

It's improved playing that scenario, so is the only solution replacing a 3 year old machine with 2 GB of RAM and an AMD Athlon II 170u Processor?

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 3
RE: MOUSE LAGS? - 2/27/2012 4:50:42 AM   
junk2drive

Play smaller battles on the original PCK maps. The 3D models take a lot of power. More units means more power. 2K maps are exponentially larger and require a lot more power. 3D trees and large buildings take a toll too.

Also open the configuration window and lower the settings. Trying different screen resolutions may help.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

Post #: 4
RE: MOUSE LAGS? - 2/27/2012 5:45:07 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS Wyoming

It's improved playing that scenario, so is the only solution replacing a 3 year old machine with 2 GB of RAM and an AMD Athlon II 170u Processor?

A couple of other items to check is to make sure your mouse AND video drivers are up to date. Also, depeding on your video card, you may have a setting for something called vsync. If you do, try turning it off and see if that helps.

Thanks
rick

Post #: 5
RE: MOUSE LAGS? - 2/28/2012 1:39:16 AM   
USS Wyoming

Thanks for the attention.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Tech Support >> MOUSE LAGS? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI