Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing flag & country name

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Changing flag & country name Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing flag & country name - 11/19/2002 3:16:32 PM   
BlueLavender

Hi all, need your help
I want to do some editing,
how do I change the flag image and the country name
in SPWAW ?

thanks & rgds
Post #: 1
- 11/20/2002 1:46:43 AM   
Warhorse

Hi, the flag is in a few shp files, Batbut.shp, battle.shp, and also icon0016, and icon0061. The name is trickier, you will need a hex editor, open mech.exe, and replace the name of a country in there, with one of your choice. You can't have more characters than the country that is already there, or you will corrupt the file, unless you know some programming, I don't!! Hope this helps...

Singapore...I was there a few times about 18-20 years ago, got 4 tattoo's while there in 1981-1984, and a lot of fun!!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to BlueLavender)
Post #: 2
- 11/20/2002 3:24:52 AM   
Bing

I will add to Mike's good advice that editing a .shp file without Fred Chlanda's editor is beyond most user's capabilities. Very easy to corrupt the flag files - if it is to be done, the user should first try editing one or more of the shp files which contain a single image.

The flag files are composite images: Cutting one out and insering another would be tricky even for an experienced WAW hacker, I would think.

Whatever you do, watch that palette!!!

Bing

"For Those That Fought For It, Freedom Has a Taste And A Meaning The Protected Will Never Know. " -
From the 101st Airborne Division Association Website

Post #: 3
Thank you - 11/20/2002 7:44:34 AM   
BlueLavender

Hi Warhorse / Bing

Thank you very much for your help...
I'll be very careful in editing those... yep, I'm in singapore, but I'm indonesian.. and now thinking of creating indonesian and singaporean army oob in japan colonialism era...

warhorse, when are you going to come to singapore again ?, and perhaps add another tattoo ? ;)

rgds

Post #: 4
- 11/20/2002 8:08:02 AM   
Warhorse

Probably will never get to that part of the world again in my lifetime, but who knows the future!!??:D Those trips were courtesy of the U.S. Marine Corps, God love 'em!!:D :D

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 5
- 11/23/2002 12:19:52 AM   
Jim1954

WarHorse, I too was in S'pore during the approximate time frame 77-80. I didn't go for I & I , I lived there when I wasn't out on the drilling rigs, well I guess I did I & I but I got by more regularly than maybe you did. Boy, those were the days. I remember when the 1st McDonalds opened up. And late night trips to Bugis Street to see the weirdos. & REAL Chinese food. Did you get to go up the causeway into Malaysia and see all the old fortifications by the roadside?

:D

Post #: 6
- 11/23/2002 7:17:50 AM   
Warhorse

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jim1954
[B]WarHorse, I too was in S'pore during the approximate time frame 77-80. I didn't go for I & I , I lived there when I wasn't out on the drilling rigs, well I guess I did I & I but I got by more regularly than maybe you did. Boy, those were the days. I remember when the 1st McDonalds opened up. And late night trips to Bugis Street to see the weirdos. & REAL Chinese food. Did you get to go up the causeway into Malaysia and see all the old fortifications by the roadside?

:D [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL, man oh man I forgot all about Bugis street!!! We used to have races with the taxis too, I can't remember the name for those either, maybe a little too much fun with some smokeables back in the day, that'll do this to the mind, heh, heh!! We would take the new guys in the platoon down to Bugis Street, and not let on about the queers, then get the guys sloshed, and bust a gut when they would find out, what a trip!!!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Changing flag & country name Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI