Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

LSA BG Movement/Rest/Relieve

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> LSA BG Movement/Rest/Relieve Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
LSA BG Movement/Rest/Relieve - 3/2/2012 9:13:26 AM   
kweniston

I quote this from CCS (CCS topic, a post by zcharles on LSA's BG movements and rest/relieve functionality:

quote:

I'm running the last LSA patch version; problems in multiplayer are the following:
-There are two regions, A and B; some time when a BG moves from A to B and one secondary BG (that who does not lead the battle) from B to A, they do not met and simply exchange regions. This allows surrounded BGs to flee, with a little luck.
-When BGs are set to "REST" (that is common at night) and then the command is removed (in the morning usually), the system goes badly wrong; it may happend that the battle is not fought, but ofter the server visualize correctly the battle, the host visualize another battle, and you realize that because in the deployemnt phase all is crazy wrong. Than you need to go to command, than return to battle.
-When the host sets to "REST" a secondary BG for same reason, it's very probable that until he moves that BG, it will always remain in rest, or if he tries to do "RELIEVE", the system simply ignore the command in the "EXECUTE" phase.
So the REST command is always to avoid to the host when having 2 BGs in a region, and sometimes always to the server to avoid system crash.

Anyway, with a little pratice you can avoid those bugs and play a fine champaign.
since I play CC only in LAN from years, I'm very familiar with those problems.

I am not sure whether this has been notified to Matrix before, that's why I repost this here. Thanks for looking into it.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat: Last Stand Arnhem >> Tech Support >> LSA BG Movement/Rest/Relieve Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI