Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is released!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is released! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is rel... - 3/1/2012 7:48:47 PM   
Andrew Loveridge

The War in the East just got bigger and better with this exciting new expansion!

Slitherine, Matrix Games, and 2by3 Games are thrilled to announce the release of Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube, an expansion to the grand strategy masterpiece War in the East! Now gamers can enjoy this award winning wargame engine across many new scenarios and battles!

Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube is now available for $14.99 Download / $24.99 Physical through the Matrix Games online store.

About Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube

The critically and fan-acclaimed Eastern Front mega-game Gary Grigsby’s War in the East just got bigger and better with Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube! This expansion to the award-winning War in the East comes with a wide array of later war scenarios ranging from short but intense 6 turn bouts like the Battle for Kharkov (1942) to immense 37-turn engagements taking place across multiple nations like Drama on the Danube (Summer 1944 – Spring 1945).

Don to the Danube and the War in the East system gives players unprecedented control over pivotal operations in the Second World War like Operation Uranus, the encirclement of the 6th German Army at Stalingrad, the Cherkassy Pocket and much more. Don to the Danube also takes full advantage of the hefty number of new features and rule changes that come with the massive 1.06.04 update and incorporates a full new Editor manual as well.

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube is an expansion for War in the East and requires the base game to play.

Get more information on Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: Don to the Danube from its official product page.

About Gary Grigsby’s War in the East

Gary Grigsby’s War in the East: The German-Soviet War 1941-1945 is the spiritual heir to the great Eastern Front board and computer wargames of the past; a turn-based World War II strategy game down to the division and brigade level, stretching across the entire Eastern Front at a 10 mile per hex scale. Gamers can engage in massive, dramatic campaigns, including intense battles involving thousands of units with realistic and historical terrain, weather, orders of battle, logistics and combat results. As with all the award-winning titles made by the 2by3 Games team, factors such as supply, fatigue, experience, morale and the skill of your divisional, corps and army leaders all play an important part in determining the results at the front line. Gary Grigsby’s War in the East comes with 4 massive campaigns as well as many smaller scenarios all with different strategic and operational challenges.
Gary Grigsby’s War in the East represents a truly epic representation of the Second World War on the Eastern Front and is unparalleled in its scale, detail, and ambition!

< Message edited by Iain McNeil -- 4/14/2014 1:30:40 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/1/2012 8:02:46 PM   
Blubel

And there goes my freetime.
Thanks for the game!

(in reply to Andrew Loveridge)
Post #: 2
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/2/2012 5:52:40 PM   
sermil

The download link does not work. The secured frame fails to appear when I click on it.

(in reply to Blubel)
Post #: 3
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/2/2012 6:02:29 PM   
Toby42

quote:

ORIGINAL: sermil

The download link does not work. The secured frame fails to appear when I click on it.

I was just about to purchase, but now? I've never had a "Clean" purchase with Plimus!!! Anyone else have any problems with Plimus on this?

Tony

(in reply to sermil)
Post #: 4
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/2/2012 6:25:08 PM   
Hotschi

The download link on the purchasing page didn't work for me either - a simple workaround is to use the link you get via e-mail, that one works.

"A big butcher's bill is not necessarily evidence of good tactics"

- Wavell's reply to Churchill, after the latter complained about faint-heartedness, as he discovered that British casualties in the evacuation from Somaliland had been only 260 men.

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 5
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/2/2012 7:55:49 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

We're seeing a lot of orders going through without a problem. The link on the purchase page should be the same as the one in the e-mail. Is it possible your browser or security software is blocking the link when clicking on it in the browser, but not when clicking on it in the e-mail?

Can you please e-mail me at erikr@matrixgames.com with your order number(s) and we'll investigate this immediately.

Treale, there are many, many orders going through without a problem every day. Overall the problems represent a small fraction of one percentage, but depending on what you are using as far as browser and internet security and payment method, it could be that you are more affected than others. I can tell you there's no problem with this release that we've seen to date, so please order with confidence and feel free to e-mail me if you have any problems at all.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Hotschi)
Post #: 6
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/2/2012 8:05:36 PM   
Tac2i

I had this same issue when buying a Panzer Corps DLC recently. The frame did fail to appear in Firefox but was there in IE. I experienced this again today when purchasing the Don to Danube addon for WiTE. Again, I switched from Firefox to IE and was able to make the purchase.

quote:

ORIGINAL: sermil

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to sermil)
Post #: 7
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/2/2012 8:07:33 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Webizen,

It shows up for me in both browsers, I just tested that yesterday as part of the release. Can you please confirm which version or IE and Firefox you are using and whether you have any kind of internet security software or add-on that could be affecting this?

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 8
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/2/2012 8:15:44 PM   
Tac2i

Erik, I'm using Firefox 10.0.2 and IE8. I made my purchases from behind a corporate firewall vice from home. I have several web development type extensions installed in Firefox. Not using NoScript or AdBlock. I used the link in the email to download the product via my personal Motorola Droid Bionic smartphone using the Opera Mobile web browser.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/2/2012 8:26:16 PM   
Toby42

OK Erik, I'll give it a shot!

Tony

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 10
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/2/2012 8:29:41 PM   
Motomouse

Download worked for me, but shop was showing 11.99 Euros and the final Plimus web page 12.99 Euros. Bought it in US Dollars anyway, looking forward to my exchange rate :-)

Regards

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 11
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/2/2012 8:40:47 PM   
ird

Mine downloaded fine but i cannot find the expansion in the product list when I try to register my serial number in the Matrix members section

(in reply to Motomouse)
Post #: 12
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/2/2012 8:44:02 PM   
Toby42

< Message edited by Treale -- 3/2/2012 8:56:39 PM >

Tony

(in reply to Tac2i)
Post #: 13
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/2/2012 9:39:59 PM   
Toby42

quote:

ORIGINAL: ird

Mine downloaded fine but i cannot find the expansion in the product list when I try to register my serial number in the Matrix members section

Me neither? I'm just happy to get the download!

Tony

(in reply to ird)
Post #: 14
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/2/2012 11:46:40 PM   
Erik Rutins

Please try registering again now.

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 15
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/2/2012 11:57:43 PM   
Toby42

It works now!

Tony

Post #: 16
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/3/2012 2:32:41 PM   
ird

It does. Thanks Erik

(in reply to Toby42)
Post #: 17
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/4/2012 6:41:24 PM   
Ralph1961

Bought the expansion but Plimus download link doesn't work. I tried it with Chrome and IE. Any ideas?

(in reply to ird)
Post #: 18
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/4/2012 6:56:40 PM   
Toby42

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ralph Harper

Bought the expansion but Plimus download link doesn't work. I tried it with Chrome and IE. Any ideas?

They should send you a link in an email. That's what worked for me!

Tony

(in reply to Ralph1961)
Post #: 19
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/4/2012 7:34:44 PM   
DivePac88

I have also bought the expansion pack, but Plimus #%&&&% download link doesn't work for me either.

When you see the Southern Cross, For the first time
You understand now, Why you came this way

Post #: 20
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/4/2012 7:58:32 PM   
blastpop

I guess I'll wait to purchase when this problem is cleared up.

(in reply to DivePac88)
Post #: 21
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/4/2012 8:36:48 PM   
Erik Rutins

We are continuing to investigate, but we haven't found a problem yet. The customers that have sent us links that don't work for them, those links work fine for us. We've placed test orders that work fine. There's obviously something going on here, but it may be system, browser or order specific. Please keep in mind that when someone posts here because they are having an issue, that does not really tell you whether there is a general issue. We are seeing many orders for Don to the Danube go through, and have only heard from a few customers with issues getting the download.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 3/4/2012 8:37:00 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to blastpop)
Post #: 22
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/4/2012 11:58:50 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

Plimus had scheduled some maintenance for the store today, but there was not supposed to be any downtime. We are now seeing the same issue and are working with the store to resolve it ASAP. Your download link is good, as soon as this issue is resolved. Apologies for the inconvenience, downtime is extremely rare and your link should work again very soon.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

Post #: 23
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/5/2012 11:39:47 AM   
Redan

I had no problems downloading the D to D add on--- for what it's worth. Excellent game, by the way.

"You can't stack units in this game. This is Tactics II, hexes haven't been invented yet..."

Post #: 24
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/5/2012 1:45:05 PM   
Erik Rutins

The download issue should be fixed now, please give it another try and deepest apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Redan)
Post #: 25
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/6/2012 4:01:51 AM   
Ralph1961

Download worked, no need to apologize.Matrix has always given me top notch service.

Post #: 26
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/6/2012 7:10:16 PM   
LarryP

Well Erik, my order didn't go through just now. It says this:

Your order is being reviewed by Plimus Customer Service

We may need to contact you in person to confirm your order details, so please ensure that the phone number you supplied with this order (77xxxxxxxx) is correct.
If you wish to change your phone number to expedite the contact process, please click here.
Plimus is committed to protecting the personal and financial information of every customer we serve.
On occasion, this requires us to double-check an order before completing the process.
Email notifications will be sent to keep you notifed as to the status of your order.

Thank you for your patience.

I used IE9 and the same card I have used before many times.

UPDATE: They sent me an email and gave me the download link shortly after I posted this. It's been resolved, and quite fast too.

< Message edited by LarryP -- 3/6/2012 7:37:24 PM >

Post #: 27
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/24/2012 8:50:30 AM   
modrow

Gentlemen,

quote:

ORIGINAL: Andrew Loveridge

The War in the East just got bigger and better with this exciting new expansion!

I would just like to second the above statement. Personally, I liked the scenarios for the "basis game" very much, and the new ones are a good addition that for me was absolutely worth the money. Thanks to everyone involved in this great add-on, great job, please continue along this line !

Just my 2cts

Hartwig

Post #: 28
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/24/2012 10:42:11 PM   
Joel Billings

Glad you are enjoying it. I enjoyed playing Drama on the Danube PBEM more than I've enjoyed any other scenario or game in many years. If you have a chance to play it against another player, try it out. Just be sure if you're the German player that you aggressively strike for the southern passes so you can delay the Soviet juggernaut.

< Message edited by Joel Billings -- 3/25/2012 5:50:36 AM >

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to modrow)
Post #: 29
RE: Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is... - 3/25/2012 11:35:15 AM   
modrow

Joel,

Thanks for your recommendation.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joel Billings
Glad you are enjoying it. I enjoyed playing Drama on the Danube PBEM more than I've enjoyed any other scenario or game in many years. If you have a chance to play it against another player, try it out. Just be sure if you're the German player that you aggressively strike for the southern passes so you can delay the Soviet juggernaut.

Alas, my PBEM-time is completely taken by WitP AE, which is my absolute favourite. Therefore, for now I just scratch on the surface of WitE against the AI when waiting for a WitP AE turn and definitely have not yet achieved sufficient in-depth knowledge of WitE to try a PBEM.

Hartwig

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Gary Grigsby’s War in the East Don to the Danube is released! Page: [1] 2   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI