Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problem - Bug?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Problem - Bug? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problem - Bug? - 11/16/2002 8:27:41 PM   
Luskan

I am playing Raver in Scn15. No carriers have been engaged or damaged.

However I transferred Yorktown and the Lady's air groups to Luganville where they went head to head with vast numbers of Raver's zeros. 1 air group, VF-42, has 1 fighter and 8 pilots left. The other, VF-3, has 5 fighters and 11 pilots.

These squadrons are flying f4f-3 wildcats. There are no f4f-3 wilcats in the replacement pool, and the rate they are entering the pool is 0 (and it is now mid august in the game). So as a result, it is almost a month later, and these two fighter squadrons have had NO replacements in spite of being in port, and back on their CVs. Surely there should be f4f-3 replacements coming into the game - there are in scn 17 at the very start of the game - in MAY. How is it that in all my other scns f4f-3s are plentiful, especially later in the game because they are not being flown, but there are none in this????

More importantly, there are over 40 f4f-4 wildcats in the replacement pool waiting to be used - why doesn't either of these squadrons upgrade to f4f-4s and use those aircraft?

Until this issue is resolved I am 60 fighters short - and this will no doubt screw up my game with Raver!

Should I just wait (more????) surely 133% of 1 aircraft is 1.3 - so both squadrons should have upgraded according to the rules. Should I send the carriers back to Pearl?

Help!?

With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?
Post #: 1
F4F-3 replacement aircraft. - 11/16/2002 9:01:59 PM   
tanjman

Luskan,

The F4F-3 does not recieve replacement aircraft in any scenario that I know of. It is supposed to upgrade to the F4F-4. With 40 F4F-4 in the pool they should have upgraded by now. [B]WAG ALERT[/B] I think what is happening is the new aircraft upgrade requirement in ver 2.0 (133% for allies and 125% for Japanese) is looking at the maximum size of the squadron, if so you would need 36 x 133% = 47.88 F4F-4 before the upgade happens.

;) Please let me know if my WAG is correct ;)

Gunner's Mate: A Boatswain's Mate with a hunting license.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 2
- 11/17/2002 3:00:39 AM   
Admiral DadMan

You are right on the button tanjman

Scenario 127: "Scraps of Paper"
(\../)
(O.o)
(> <)

CVB Langley:

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 3
argh - 11/17/2002 7:49:59 AM   
Luskan

Could be that your WAG is right - I only have 46 wildcats in the pool.

However in other games I have replacement f4f-3s - and since no one flies them after a while, there are 70 or 80 of them in the replacement pool.

Will post the result of more waiting.

With dancing Bananas and Storm Troopers who needs BBs?

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 4
- 11/17/2002 2:52:33 PM   
Admiral_Arctic

Your F-4-F-3 are the change from the upgrade. If one group upgrades, then you will have 36 F-4-F-3 in the pool even though you don't get any replacements. When the second upgrades, you get more change of course.

I'm a hazard to myself.

Want. Take. Have.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 5
- 11/20/2002 7:35:31 AM   
Basement Command

Could Laskan not simply reassign any other naval air squadrons to his carriers even if they are currently based at airfields to get his carriers back in action? Or am I misunderstanding how this game works? Or are there no available LB naval air groups in this scenario?

The only skills I have the patience to learn are those that have no practical application in real life.

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 6
A couple of things - 11/21/2002 6:59:26 PM   
Rainerle

Hi,

didn't know under which header to post this so here are a few points:

1) Strange Retirement behavior:
My IJN bombardement TF ran in to a mine field in the hex east of Gili Gili, got hit and obviously aborted back to Shortland. Next thing I know is them hitting another minefield at Minosan Island (?sp - the northern exit hex of that coral reef enclosed space east of Gili Gili). But that hex is not nearly on the shortest route from Gili Gili to Shortland. It's at least 3 hexes away. Comments ?

2.) Hitting own minefields:
Since V 2.0 I seem to hit a lot of my own mines (see above reportedly all mine hits were from Type 93 Mines). Is this FOW that american mines are misjudged to be own mines if possible or are my own mine field uncharted (bad move) or what else ?

3.) Mines are dangerous:
One Bombardement Mission earlier I hit my east of Gili Gili minefield (Type 93 Mine) with the Yamato. Next morning on the way to Shortland she sports 45sys 25flo and 10 fire damage.
Well o.k. Mines are dangerous but the Yamato is the biggest BB ever build so I thought the damage is a little overdone.

4.)500 lb Bombs are courious:
On another Bombardement occasion some allied Level bombers pursue the retirering TF and BB Haruna gets hit with 500lb of high-explosives. Tower-armor-penetration and the loss of 4 14' Guns are the result. So one bomb hit knocked out two towers ???
Most interesting the Haruna only had 5sys damage the next day(and she probably started with some before the bomb hit).

5.) Air-Naval priorities are well ....
Alllied BB's Washington and South Dakota tried to bombard Lunga but instead battled it out with BB's Nagato and Hiei. The Battle itself is ok (Washington and SD are really dangerous but the 2:1 outnumbered allied DD's took a beating (4 out of 7 sunk)). The next morning however the BB's are spotted in range of Bettys from Lunga. What do my pilots do? They insist on flying all the way to PM to try to sink some worthless small AK with a nice little CAP over it. What could be more important than 2 dangerous but wounded BB's (o.k. CV's are). Note: The Bettys never again flew to PM, only during that occasion.

6.) Strange Gun priorities:
During aforementioned Battle a lot of hits occured on all involved BB's but most were from secondary Arty (5 inch) originating from BB's and DD's alike. On the other hand some DD's were hit and mauled by primary Arty (14 or 16 inch). Question is: Shouldn't the primary guns exclusively be used vs. the BB's and the secondary on the DD's ?? What was happening in reality ? Shouldn't the DD's fire on other DD's removing thereby the torpedo-threat for the BB's while trying to make a torpedo-run themselves ? Just a thought - as always open to discussion.

Lastly: I play Scen 17 as the Japanese with V 2.0

Any comment appreciated

Regards
Rainerle

(in reply to Luskan)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Problem - Bug? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI