Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: New v2.0.329d Public Beta Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: New v2.0.329d Public Beta Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: New v2.0.329d Public Beta Available! - 3/8/2012 1:04:03 AM   
junk2drive

quote:

ORIGINAL: oldspec4

Well, I have to configure the game for 19 x 10 resolution everytime I play (from the play menu) since the game was released. For some reason, I try to apply the 19 x 10 but it always kicks me back to 16 X 10. The only program/game that I have that does this.

Not a biggie though..the game runs fine at 19 x 10 after I manually configure.

If you can give us the exact numbers, we can see if Erik can add it to the list or check on why that happens to you.

Conflict of Heroes "Most games are like checkers or chess and some have dice and cards involved too. This game plays like checkers but you think like chess and the dice and cards can change everything in real time."

(in reply to oldspec4)
Post #: 31
RE: New v2.0.329d Public Beta Available! - 3/8/2012 1:30:32 AM   
oldspec4

Junk..thanks but its really not a big deal to me. I just configure prior to starting the game, hit play, and everything after is ok.

FYI, I have a 9800gt card w/ 1 gig of ram. Nvidia driver is 270.61. AMD Phenom II w/ 8 gig of ram.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 32
RE: New v2.0.329d Public Beta Available! - 3/8/2012 10:10:39 AM   
ARB

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

It may also be your configuration settings. Low and Medium induce the LOD models at a closer distance to the camera than High and Ultra.

I have it set to High. It's the map base, not just the models on it, that is being clipped, and it's an abrupt cut, rather than a gradual fade. But it looks like Rick has identified that the horizon is set closer on this map, and there is a solution to that, so I guess that clears it up. Thanks for responding.

< Message edited by ARB -- 3/8/2012 10:21:19 AM >

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 33
RE: New v2.0.329d Public Beta Available! - 3/8/2012 10:18:43 AM   
ARB

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

quote:

ORIGINAL: ARB

Rick,

I managed to view that same map from exactly the same height and angle and the horizon appears to be at exactly the same distance as in your screenshot, with some clipping of the map base in the distance. When viewed from a greater height and looking down somewhat the clipping is much more noticeable (the sky cuts down into the map about half way across it). My screen resolution is 1280x1024, with more vertical to horizontal compared to wide screen, so I often view from higher angles. I just hadn't noticed it before on other maps, where the 'horizon' appears to be further away, and beyond the map. Sorry to waste your time on this. I'll just view from lower down on maps like this. Thanks for responding. You guys do a great job trying to keep your customers happy

Not a waste of my time at all. I did try some other views but still didn't observe the clipping. However, I did check the map data and it looks like the zFar for that map is set pretty low (around 350 -- this isn't meters it's a game scale unit). If you want to play around with that, it's in the 'Mapname'Scene.xml file in the Media folder inside of the specific map folder. at the end of that file is the zFar setting. But be aware that changing it can affect LOS distance for scenarios using that map and if you play MP can trigger an error.

If you find it continues to bother you, I can tell you how to make it so that map won't get used in Random Campaigns.

Thanks
Rick

Thanks for looking into that Rick. Your investigation seems to confirm what I observed about this map. You can just see the far corner of the map being clipped in your screenshot. It's more noticeable when viewed from a greater height. It's great that so many parameters can be edited in this game. I'll probably not try to adjust that setting if it messes with LOS distance. It's not such a big problem.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 34
RE: New v2.0.329d Public Beta Available! - 3/8/2012 10:42:17 PM   
massimorocca

Hi, something weird. I downloaded and installed the patch over a fresh and perfectly working install of the game (btw thanks again for the gift). Now I've a start screen leading to a "Demo" version with the campaign button greyed out. Where is my fault?

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 35
RE: New v2.0.329d Public Beta Available! - 3/8/2012 11:26:31 PM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: massimorocca

Hi, something weird. I downloaded and installed the patch over a fresh and perfectly working install of the game (btw thanks again for the gift). Now I've a start screen leading to a "Demo" version with the campaign button greyed out. Where is my fault?

Massimo,

You should probably uninstall, delete your installation folder (or at least all of it's contents). then do a clean install of the PCO Release Version 327h. Then apply the lates beta patch 329d.

Make sure you use the serial number from your release version of the game.

Thanks
rick

< Message edited by Rick -- 3/8/2012 11:27:48 PM >

(in reply to massimorocca)
Post #: 36
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: New v2.0.329d Public Beta Available! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI