Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: January 10, 1942

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: January 10, 1942 Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: January 10, 1942 - 3/3/2012 12:32:38 PM   
ny59giants

Lew should have sent one group of fighters on sweep first. They may have not survived, but maybe they would have knocked your CAP level down somewhat.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 211
RE: January 10, 1942 - 3/3/2012 1:07:28 PM   
John 3rd

True.

As we spoke yesterday, I have started an AF suppression campaign in Java. Looks like that strike flew in from the nearby base. Had recon check out the three closest AF and will do so again. I've got 3 27 plane Daitai of betty-Nell and a 36 Plane Sentai of Lily assigned to hit AF this turn. He won't be able to keep this up very long so we'll see what happens. Great way to finish off his striking power in the area I suppose!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 212
RE: January 10, 1942 - 3/4/2012 2:25:18 PM   
John 3rd

Frustrating couple of days. I've had Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off but haven't seen a turn from Lew. REALLY want to play a turn and have been Jonesing badly...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 213
RE: January 10, 1942 - 3/5/2012 2:23:54 PM   
BigBadWolf

While waiting for the turn, could you tell us a bit about Empire's R&D program?

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 214
RE: January 10, 1942 - 3/5/2012 6:31:54 PM   
John 3rd

Great Idea. Will make a few screenshots and Post them with thoughts/ideas.

Just heard back from Lew after three days of silence. He had been out without planning it so things are OK. Isn't that weird? You play with someone back-and-forth for years, get to know them and their lives somewhat, and then realize that if something happens to them you have no way of finding out if their has been an accident or tragedy. Makes one think a bit...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 215
Aircraft Research - 3/5/2012 6:45:15 PM   
John 3rd

Here is the first screenshot for aircraft research. For planning purposes I expect to be in a knockdown-dragout air war of attrition over Australia by April 42. This is why I've seriously bumped production of A6M2, Oscar, Val, Kate, and Sally. Paras shall be used so I've got Topsy and Tina producing in higher numbers then normal. Air Search shall be a priority so Jakes are cranking out at nearly 50 a month with Mavis and Emily coming along as well. Will need to add some to the army recon birds. Betty and Nell are already in good shape at this point. Need decent numbers in the pools for the coming fight.

Looking forward we shall certainly need MISTER Tojo ASAP. There are five different locations working on the plane. My intention is to START production with about 200 planes a month. I shall also shift to Helen's quickly too. Like those planes over the Sally so am already raising production there.

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 216
Aircraft Research - 3/5/2012 6:48:41 PM   
John 3rd

Tojos are the 1942 solution but I need to bring my Franks forward as well as George. Got to look FORWARD so here are the Frank research centers:

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 217
Aircraft Research - 3/5/2012 6:52:55 PM   
John 3rd

George's are solid aircraft and so we work to bring them forward as well.

Remember that there is no Jack in this Mod as the Zero breaks into two differing development lines. The CV-variant goes from M2 to M5 while the Interceptor ground-based variant moves from M2-M3-M4. The M4 is a new Zero with differing characteristics. I used them to decent success in Lew and I's game that ran until May 1943.

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 218
Aircraft Research - 3/5/2012 6:56:08 PM   
John 3rd

While scrolling through the aircraft research screen I saw a bunch of things I need to cancel or change. For discussion's sake let me throw out a few questions for the readers:

1. What other aircraft do YOU consider essential in late-42, 1943, 1944? Is there a hidden gem (F, B, TB, etc...) that you think needs to be invested in seriously at the start of the war.
2. How about Army Recon Birds?
3. I favor Tina and Topsy for my Transports but I know others have far different opinions. Thoughts there?

Open to all sorts of possibilities...

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 219
Industry - 3/5/2012 7:02:59 PM   
John 3rd

I've already detailed my warship building planes so I don't need to go into that so how about OTHER things?

1. It is always good to develop some more Heavy Industry but I don't like to drawdown the Home Islands more then needed so I like to bump it in other locations on the map. Usually I add some in Manchuria, occupied China, and Indochina-Thailand.
2. Like to further develop those Repair Yards away from the Home Islands as well. Manila, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Soerabaja shall all be--at least--doubled in size.
3. Don't really see the value of increasing Light Industry. Does anyone have a strong feeling on that?

Feeding the economy is a job onto itself. I've already got regular convoys running from Sakhalin, Korea, and China. Am re-arranging the the TK for moving oil and fuel from the DEI. Will have to pull more AK over to haul resources as well. This will be a difficult one as I've converted a BUNCH of AK into transports so I can move large numbers of troops around for the coming Australia Venture. Got to watch that!

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 3/5/2012 7:03:30 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 220
RE: Industry - 3/5/2012 9:16:52 PM   
Schlemiel

I think you could make a case for increasing light industry production in the home isles if you have excess capacity early.  It takes 32 months of production to repay the 1000 supply per point, though that doesn't count the 10 HI per point.  The benefit, of course, is it becomes basically organic supply for the home islands without a significant need for fuel (presuming you are already swimming in resources, which you should by summer 1944, I believe).  This is obviously situational, but producing more supply locally in the home islands is very beneficial if and when the Allies cut your shipping lines.  I haven't really seen an AAR reach the point where the Allies must invade the home islands, but any additional source of supply is beneficial during this phase to repair damage and replenish bombed stockpiles (the tendency of the system to put much of your eggs in a single basket doesn't mix well with the inability to stop a bombing wave from hitting tons of airbase supply depots imo).  The more non-fuel related supply you can generate, the longer your defense can theoretically go on, and the longer the light industry operates past the 32 month mark, the more profit you make off your early investment.  (You could probably make a decent case for light industry in Manchukuo as well, as that is unlikely to be seriously threatened before Soviet activation, and it can distribute that supply to China without the need for merchants.

I'm not saying I would do it, but  if you are planning on a long game and expect to have some surplus HI early (and plenty of pool for late), it will be a net economic increase by the time you start losing access to some of the far reaching industry.  1000 extra light industry will, essentially let you repair a point of a factory "free" every day come summer 1944 after it has finished paying for its supply cost.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 221
RE: Industry - 3/5/2012 9:26:36 PM   
BigBadWolf

Few things:

Factory size - why so various? I thought it was common wisdom that size 30 is optimal?

D4Y1 - You want those 500kg bombs ASAP
Tony - I'm thinking of researching this line solely to get to Ki-100 early
Late carrier fighter - also important line

Things I'm still not sure about:

Ki-94 - Looks very nice, fastest non-jet fighter Japan has.
P1Y - 30% faster, 3x better climb and armor, comparing to G4. From looking at other people's AAR, they tend to hit more and survive longer. Might be worth 120k supply to get them few months earlier, in time for 1943 allied offensive.

And for transports, it seems that capacity doesn't matter if it is smaller than 4000, so the only factor is the range.

(in reply to Schlemiel)
Post #: 222
RE: January 10, 1942 - 3/5/2012 9:35:58 PM   
Squamry

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Great Idea. Will make a few screenshots and Post them with thoughts/ideas.

Bad Idea!! Big Bad Wolf is using all your ideas in our game :-) (OK, I admit it, I'm enjoying this AAR as well.)

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 223
RE: January 10, 1942 - 3/5/2012 9:52:12 PM   
BigBadWolf

Well, considering you're kicking my ass, I need all the help I can get. Now quit fooling around and send me the turn

(in reply to Squamry)
Post #: 224
RE: January 10, 1942 - 3/6/2012 5:15:29 AM   
John 3rd

Just got home and caught up on the Posts. You guys gave me a good laugh over BBW getting classified information to use for EVIL purposes!

Comments:
1. The Light Industry Post is interesting. Might think on that some.
2. The factory size does vary because I am lazy and don't target every facility to have EXACTLY the same numbers. I work towards getting my research up over 100 and let the months proceed to fall off as the airframes move forward. Prior to the production Itend to shift one or two to something else or a later model to get that bonus too.
3. I like Mr. Tony as an aircraft and point-defense plane. Problem is the engine only works for Tony. I will build them--just not in big quantities.
4. The Judy comes in early in this game. RA predicates its action on the second generation of CV Planes coming in about 6 months early. A6M5, Judy, and Jill arrive in late-42 and early-43. GOOD PLANES!
5. P1Y is an EXCELLENT plane and I will sink some research into getting her in early.

Thanks for the thoughts and comments guys.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to BigBadWolf)
Post #: 225
RE: January 10, 1942 - 3/6/2012 10:07:15 AM   
ny59giants

Engines - Once you get over 500 engines of a particular model stockpiled in the pool, any airframe under R&D that uses it will get at least one "developmental point" daily towards that magical 100 to have the airframe advance one month. So, if you have 3 x 30 R&D factories for the Tojo fully repaired, then you would get 3 points for the factories and one for having excessive engines stockpiled per day. Thus, Tojo will move forward every 25 days.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 226
Economy - 3/6/2012 5:11:22 PM   
John 3rd

Turn done with lew and I will Post those results in a few minutes. Since we had this set of exchanges regarding aircraft, I spent some time straitening out a bunch of my aircraft lines and making decisions for late-war planes. These are the major decisions:

1. Opened 3 production lines for A6M3. I get this aircraft in less then one month and, with it, I begin my Land-Based Zero Interceptor line. These 3 factories will produce the M3 then the M4 and subsequent models. Set them at about 30 each for a goal of about 100 fighters a month.
2. Opened 4 lines for the A7M2 Sam. This is my end-of-the-line CV Fighter and one can only HOPE I have decks to carry them on. We'll see how far we can advance this plane.
3. Substantial investment for the Peggy. WANT an army plane that can carry a Torpedo!
4. P1Y1 Frances gets a massed research bid. GREAT plane with ARMOR!

I changed out more of the late-war lines and shifted over some research for Judy and Jill.

PS: Good engine note Michael. Will pull that up and see where I am headed in that arena.

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 3/6/2012 6:50:08 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 227
RE: Economy - 3/6/2012 7:04:27 PM   
BigBadWolf

Don't forget to research engines as well.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 228
January 11, 1942 - 3/6/2012 7:11:33 PM   
John 3rd

Combat Report
January 11, 1942

Sorry this wasn't Posted earlier but my Mom called and we just gabbed for nearly 90 minutes. OK. Here we go:

North Pacific
No sign of Saratoga. Form a Fast TF to run another pair of construction units to Attu.

Pick-up 5th Fleet at Ominato and it is now moving to Paramushiro Jima.

Central Pacific
An AMC tangles with 4 DD and a DMS near Christmas. While damaging two of the DDs the spunky ship is pummeled by 23 hits and sinks.

South Pacific
KB is now moving steadily east towards Suva. The Suva TF is still present (probably unloading) so we should et a chance at sinking some ships. One more day to move into position and then they'll run in for an attack.

Zuikaku rendezvous with a CL and 3 more DD raising her screen for the run into Rabaul.

Form a Fast TF with a Naval Guard unit to grab Milne Bay.

Unloading the rest of a large BF at Luganville. Have three Construction Bn on the way to help there.

Madang flies a strike at Port Moresby with 21 Zero and 11 Betty. They encounter no fighters and destroy 2 Vindicators on the ground.

Sub-Ops: I-168 hits CA Louisville with a Torp in the morning and then, probably, FINISHES the job in the afternoon by planting TWO more into her. NICE WORK!

Philippines
Bataan: Deliberate Attack nets a 1-1 and LOWERS Forts to 2. WOW! Pretty massive disablement results from the attack. Will rest 3-4 days and attack again. Is it possible to be DONE with Luzon by the end of January? That would be pretty amazing if so.

Java Area
Take Denpasar with a 105-1 attack. Fly in 27 Zero and 27 Betty for immediate work. Load the 21st Brigade to bounce the strait to land at the eastern tip of Java.

AF suppression really does well as Lily, Betty, and Nells hit Bandoeng, Tjilitjap, Djokjakarta, and Soerabaja. Planes are destroyed on the ground at Bandoeng and Soerabaja.

The 4th ID and its supporting Inf Regiment should enter the Bandoeng hex tomorrow.

Cocos Isle is bombarded by 3 CA and they destroy a small variety of aircraft based there. The 48th Gurkha Brigade is there. Is that a unit that starts in Malaya or has it been brought in? Hmmmm...

No Air Raids over Batavia! Ship status:
Soryu improves from 25 Sys--36 Flot--3 Eng to 24 Sys
Shoho sees Sys improve by one from 43 to 42
Zuiho has no change

Malaya
No news as plane strike Singapore, Johore Bharu, and ground units in those hexes.

Burma
Troops gathering at Moulmein.

Australia
Port Attack at Darwin by 15 Zero and 20 Betty encounters no aerial opposition and hits two AM and an AS. Looking for Miss Lexington. Will move this Betty group to each of the NW Aussie Bases. Doubt if she is here but it is worth the look.

China
BIG Developments!

The last exit from Loyang is taken as an Inf Div and 2 Tk Reg blast the Chinese ID out of that hex (3-1 and 6619 Chinese Casualties).

Loyang: First Deliberate Attack nets a 2-1 and drops the Forts to ZERO. Shift the 4 IDs to a Shock Attack next turn. Am about to get 100,000 Chinese PoWs!

In the South I attack Wenchow with an Inf Div and get a 1-2 but lower Forts to 0. Will probably need to send some help here.

The 13th Inf Div is bought out at Changsha and assigned to 16th Army for Aussie Operations. The ID was beat-up pretty good and only cost 1,000 Political Points. t will move back to Wuchang and get lifted out by river to Shanghai (lots of supply and an army HQ) to rebuild before moving south.

That is the current state-of-the-state.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 3/6/2012 7:24:16 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 229
RE: Industry - 3/6/2012 7:44:49 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schlemiel

I think you could make a case for increasing light industry production in the home isles if you have excess capacity early.  It takes 32 months of production to repay the 1000 supply per point, though that doesn't count the 10 HI per point.  The benefit, of course, is it becomes basically organic supply for the home islands without a significant need for fuel (presuming you are already swimming in resources, which you should by summer 1944, I believe).  This is obviously situational, but producing more supply locally in the home islands is very beneficial if and when the Allies cut your shipping lines.  I haven't really seen an AAR reach the point where the Allies must invade the home islands, but any additional source of supply is beneficial during this phase to repair damage and replenish bombed stockpiles (the tendency of the system to put much of your eggs in a single basket doesn't mix well with the inability to stop a bombing wave from hitting tons of airbase supply depots imo).  The more non-fuel related supply you can generate, the longer your defense can theoretically go on, and the longer the light industry operates past the 32 month mark, the more profit you make off your early investment.  (You could probably make a decent case for light industry in Manchukuo as well, as that is unlikely to be seriously threatened before Soviet activation, and it can distribute that supply to China without the need for merchants.

I'm not saying I would do it, but  if you are planning on a long game and expect to have some surplus HI early (and plenty of pool for late), it will be a net economic increase by the time you start losing access to some of the far reaching industry.  1000 extra light industry will, essentially let you repair a point of a factory "free" every day come summer 1944 after it has finished paying for its supply cost.

As you can't turn LI off again, it seems like a really bad idea to me, especially in the Home Islands.
Once it is built, it will eat up all ressources available, no matter what you do. Except maybe you can convince your opponent to bomb the plants...

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Schlemiel)
Post #: 230
RE: Industry - 3/7/2012 5:12:06 AM   
Schlemiel

That's quite a fair point, and depends entirely on your ability to stockpile resources, I suppose.  I'm not nearly familiar enough with the Japanese ability to gather resources by that point in the war or the specifics of the mod to have any help on that point.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 231
RE: January 11, 1942 - 3/7/2012 12:36:30 PM   
Squamry

quote:

Loyang: First Deliberate Attack nets a 2-1 and drops the Forts to ZERO. Shift the 4 IDs to a Shock Attack next turn. Am about to get 100,000 Chinese PoWs!

I'm wondering if this could be a synical ploy to reduce the supply requirements in China. Lose a bunch of corps early so there is more supply for the other LCUs to recover. Eventually get them respawned at Kunching at reasonable size. The additional squads in this version of the mod for Chinese units make supply even more dire than usual and just as likely to be kicked around by IJA.

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 232
RE: Industry - 3/7/2012 2:28:21 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: Schlemiel

That's quite a fair point, and depends entirely on your ability to stockpile resources, I suppose.  I'm not nearly familiar enough with the Japanese ability to gather resources by that point in the war or the specifics of the mod to have any help on that point.

The enemy can't bomb ressources, but he can bomb supplies. LI can't be turned off, but factories can.
So my vote is obvious, to not expand any LI at all!

Supplies may not be unlimited, especially if you start working a lot in the fields of expanding and changeing factories. But it is far worse to see your ressource pool dry out because of the LI factories - that's at least my 2 cents :)

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to Schlemiel)
Post #: 233
RE: Industry - 3/7/2012 3:10:19 PM   
ny59giants

John and others playing this mod or DaBabes - Have you seen any difference game wise now that you have potential stacking limits in a hex?? In my own game using Scenario 2, I'm facing an Allied "Death Star" just outside of Chittagong with over 30 units (12 divisions, 9 armor, etc.). Getting that many units in a jungle hex would be impossible IRL.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 234
RE: Industry - 3/7/2012 3:34:43 PM   
John 3rd

I just attacked at Bataan with 3 ID and all that artillery and scored a nice result BUT then my disruption went to 40+ from a SUCCESSFUL attack. Certainly gained my attention.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to ny59giants)
Post #: 235
January 12, 1942 - 3/7/2012 3:57:19 PM   
John 3rd

Combat Report
January 12, 1942

Weeeeee...it is a good turn today.

North Pacific
A Fast TF of 2 CL and 8 DD will land two small Construction Bn at Attu tomorrow. No sign of anything else in the area. Really need to move some SS up here. It is a good Ro- hunting ground up here. Will pull 3-4 from the DEI and send them to Paramushiro Jima.

Central Pacific
Would like to dispatch a few warships to Jaluit or Kwajalein so I can raid Christmas. Will look around and see if there is anything I can scrape up.

South Pacific
The KB is now a day from Suva. Several TF are spotted this day at Suva or south of it. Order KB to swing in from the SW. Set CAP to 60-60-70% with Altitudes to 10K, 15K, 20K. Kates at Range 9 and carrying Torps. Let us see what we can bag... This will be a two day strike if needed. Am really LOW on fuel. AOs are coming but things are pretty short in the oil department at the moment.

Will land at Milne Bay tomorrow with a Fast TF.

Hit Port Moresby with 27 Zero and 21 Bombers and destroy A-24 and Vindicators on the ground.

Make sure Zuikaku is spotted as she moves through the Coral Sea.

Philippines
Disruption drops decently after the 1st major attack at Bataan. Will wait another day and then strike.

65th Brigade is unloading at Mindanao.

Java
Soerabaja, Bandoeng, and Tjilitjap are hit by bombers.

The 4th ID arrives at Bandoeng. It has 14 units and so I order a bombardment to see their strength. An Inf Reg will arrive tomorrow and we shall attack at that point.

Denpasar's 21st Brigade is loaded and will land on the eastern tip of Java tomorrow. 2nd Inf Div will land there in about 3 days.

Billiton is taken.

No attack at Batavia and my CVs continue to heal-up. Will give this a couple more days and will then move a couple of smaller fighter units elsewhere. All thrr carriers repair a point of Sys Damage.

Malaya
Imperial Guards take hex 49,77 and the Tk Reg will grab the town on the west coast of Malaya directly west of 49,77. The 18th will cross into the hex south of 49,77 tomorrow and all my troops will link-up directly after that to finish off Allied troops north of Mersing and Kloung.

Burma
In about 2-3 days all my troops will be concentrated at Moulmein so I will then move north. I've basically got the 55th ID and a Tk Regiment in this drive.

Sumatra
Tanks hit Sibolga on the west coast and get a 1-1. Shift to Shock Attack and bring in a Bomber Sentai to add disruption to the attack tomorrow.

Army Paras from Victoria Point will take Langsa tomorrow.

I need some seaborne ability to help Port Blair and eastern Sumatra but don't have Singers yet. Order a TF of 3 DD, 2 APD, 8 smaller AKs to move up the west coast of Sumatra and head for Georgetown. Will have a small amount of raiding power there with those DDs so maybe I can disrupt some unescorted TF.

Australia
Port Attack at Darwin again. No aerial opposition and an AS and 3 AM are hit with one of them sunk.

China
As hoped, the Shock Attack at Loyang brings about a massed Chinese surrender! The Shock Attack gains a 3-1 result and 2,522 Japanese Casaulties are exchanged for 77,254 Chinese POWs. Over 6,000 Chinese Squads are DESTROYED!

BANZAI!

Hmmm...where to go next? Will Post a screenshot for suggestions...

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 3/7/2012 3:58:39 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 236
China Options - 3/7/2012 4:22:11 PM   
John 3rd

The massed surrenders at Loyang and Chengchow and the capture of Changsha open several possibilities for the Japanese in China. This is a solicitation for opinions on where to go next.

Ground Rules:
1. The game is BORKED when it comes to China. All of us know this. I will work accordingly by not getting TOO carried away with taking territory. Hopefully Lew will remember this when it comes to 1944 and 1945.

2. We shall run one more big offensive before requesting a ceasefire along the new line. Lew and I ran 6 Month Ceasefires last time and I see no reason why we shouldn't do that again.

Current Dispositions:
A. In the Loyang--Chengchow Area there are 7 Inf Divisions, 1 Army HQ, and North China HQ.
B. Near Changsha are 5 Inf Divisions, 2 Army HQ, and China HQ

There are bunches of Chinese units behind the lines that need to be dealt with. They can wait but are a concern and need that should be addressed soon.

Screenshot that is Posted with this entry shows the 'normal' line I would set-up at this point (pink). The lighter red would reflect a Northern Thrust with proposed boundaries and the deeper red displays a Southern Advance.

Options (as I see it):
Northern Offensive: Attack with the goal of taking Sian. Would grab Nanyang and swing up that road as well as drive directly on Sian from Loyang. Taking Sian would bring in 161 Resources, 21 Oil, 21 Refineries, 21 Heavy Industry, and 61 Light Industry. Consequently it would really hurt the Chinese in their recovery efforts to LOSE this.

Southern Offensive: Take Siangtan and Hengyang by driving down from the North and force a river-crossing at either of the target cities. Capture of these cities would bring in 152 Resources and 62 Light Industry. This would provide a bridgehead over the river and deny the Chinese a jumping off point for a counterattack as well as provide resources and LI.

Comments? Is there something I am not thinking about?

I will move 2-3 Inf Div from whichever region is NOT launching the offensive to increase the punch of the campaign.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 3/7/2012 4:23:48 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 237
Yummy... - 3/7/2012 4:28:53 PM   
John 3rd

Here is the shot of the KB as it moves in on Suva. Guess who is coming to dinner?

Attachment (1)

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 238
January 13, 1942 - 3/8/2012 5:24:12 PM   
John 3rd

Combat Report
January 13, 1942

Spoke with Michael for a bit yesterday and I think we shall opt for a northern drive in China. Taking Sian will be another body blow to the Chinese economy. The loss of Changsha coupled with Sian SHOULD be enough to cripple the Chinese ability to supply, grow, and re-arm the troops. Before we embark on this venture, I must clear the railroad and major roads so I can move my troops quicker. This will be the goal over the next 3-4 weeks while we move troops into a jumping off position for Sian. Due to stacking issues, the Sian drive will move up the road from Nanyang and west from Loyang. Must first capture Nanyang...

Must also admit that I am not allowing any reinforcement to the Inf Div committed. They will get beat-up and then I shall buy them out cheap for Australia deployment.

North Pacific
My reinforcement TF makes its delivery of 2 Construction units at Attu without interference.

LOTS of TF at Paramushiro Jima unloading units, fuel, and supply. Once I've got this sorted out then TF will resume moving to the Aleutians. Want Attu at AF-1 prior to that so I can have CAP. Am moving two 24 plane Floatplane units into the area for Air Search. The first is at PJ and the second will move to Attu.

Central Pacific
Mine Wake this turn and have an AMc about to disband there to maintain the field.

Think I am going to create a small Strike Force of two old CA, 1 CL, and 5-6 DD to operate out of Jaliut to raid X-Mas Island, Suva, Pago Pago, etc...

South Pacific
KB moved to a range of 10 hexes away from Suva but was not spotted. My AOs coming down from Luganville were, however, so that might give things away. We'll see. Move KB so it will be due west of Suva at a range of 7 hexes from Suva. Will refuel as well. Time to see what is there...

Landing at Milne Bay tomorrow.

Zuikaku arrives at Rabaul tomorrow and will begin repairs. Have an AR, Fleet HQ, Army HQ, present as well as a Floating Dock moving down from Truk. Rabaul has 36 Zero, 54 Betty/Nell, and some support craft. Order daily attacks against Port Moresby.

Philippines
Bombard Bataan for 164 Casualties. Have 4 Artillery units leaving the hex tomorrow and have ordered a Deliberate Attack. Should knock the Forts down again. A new Inf Div (21st) will arrive in two days and I shall use it for--what I hope--a final attack in about 4 days.

65th Brigade and 90th Inf Reg are moving in on Cagayan in Mindanao. Have all the Division components for the 16th ID gathering at Iba to be lifted down to Mindanao in case they are needed. If they are not then I shall move 16th ID to Rabaul and begin prepping for Cairns.

DEI
Take Dili, Timor and start moving towards the eastern tip of Timor.

Land at Tandjoengselor, Borneo (next to Tarakan)

Land at Bandjoewangi, Java. Little opposition. I'll have this springboard for eastern Java tomorrow.

Bombard Cocos with 2 CA and destroy A-24s, Blenheims, and Do-24s. Must be a bunch of planes there. Order CAs to hit the base every night for the next three nights.

CV Watch: Soryu does nothing while Shoho and Zuiho each repair a point of System Damage.

Malaya
Take Ulan Melintang with a Tk Reg. 18th ID moves into the hex due east of that and will take that hex then. This move allows for 18th and Imperial Guards to link-up for the final moves south towards Kloung.

Move troops into Georgetown so my TF making its way up the west coast of Sumatra has things to move. Will reinforce Port Blair and help the final moves against Sumatra.

Sumatra
Langsa falls to my Army Paras in a 5-1 attack. This cuts the RR there.

Sibolgo stubbornly holds on against my Tk Regiment. It was hit by 20 Bombers this turn for no effect. Will rest a couple of days and let the airpower do its thing and then attack again.

China
Already detailed above.

Economy
My first TK (7,950s) reach Palembang. They will begin shipping fuel to Cam Rahn Bay for shipment home. Have a similar scenario for Balikpapan. Need to get those fuel and oil TF moving and begin bringing stuff IN to the Home Islands.

Got a substantial amount of reinforcements this turn. Picked up a large BF, 3 of the SNLF Coy that comes with RA (Strength is 20 for Assault purposes), the 2nd Army Para Regiment, and two Naval Guard units. The SNLF Coy will move to garrison bases that need smaller garrisons. Naval Guards prepping for Horn Island and the Para unit in on the rails for deployment in western Australia. Base Force prepping for Corunna Downs.

< Message edited by John 3rd -- 3/8/2012 5:30:12 PM >

Reluctant Admiral Mod:

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 239
RE: January 13, 1942 - 3/8/2012 5:53:51 PM   
traskott

quote:

Central Pacific
Mine Wake this turn and have an AMc about to disband there to maintain the field.

Ships to mantain minefields are ACMs !!!

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 240
Page:   <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: January 10, 1942 Page: <<   < prev  6 7 [8] 9 10   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI