Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Best way to start a war

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Best way to start a war Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Best way to start a war - 3/14/2012 4:07:30 AM   
scotten_usa

What causes the least hit to your reputation? What makes other empires declare war on you? What are your best tactics?

The best way seems to be to force someone else to declare war on you, but some empires won't allow themselves to be goaded into war.

I've tried blowing up a few ships from my future enemy, but find that KILLS your reputation
Post #: 1
RE: Best way to start a war - 3/14/2012 4:42:15 AM   
Dracus

I find that sometimes you can out right declare war and the other races don't care while other times they will look down on you. If you seak attack with no war declared, it looks like you always get a rep hit. That is the way it seems to have been playing out in my game. I have
managed to bait a few wars by leaving a single planet unprotected near thier border. ( play with inforced colony distances which seems to force many of the races to fight alot more).

(in reply to scotten_usa)
Post #: 2
RE: Best way to start a war - 3/14/2012 3:52:44 PM   
Fishers of Men

I will throw a couple of blockades on the potential enemy's planets and get them stirred up. Place a large battle fleet in their homeword system and let it stay there for awhile can get on their nerves. Then they get angry and place a trade sanction on me. But if their empire victory conditions require them to not break treaties, it will be hard to get them to declare war on you first.

FoM

Old............but very fast

(in reply to Dracus)
Post #: 3
RE: Best way to start a war - 4/2/2012 8:23:35 AM   
Blueberry

Depends on who you'r playin and going to war with. If its an empire that most of the galaxy is at war with or dislikes then you are less likely to get a significant reputation hit if any at all. If its some admired and friendly empire that you want to push around then prepare to be hated and called EVIL.

(in reply to Fishers of Men)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Best way to start a war Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI