Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Questions about current publishing

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Questions about current publishing Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Questions about current publishing - 3/23/2012 11:00:44 AM   
Kregoth

Snip: This topic has served it's purpose. WARNING: reading the replies below will seem confusing! sorry for the head scratching I am sure will ensue :)

< Message edited by Kregoth -- 3/24/2012 10:53:13 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Questions about current publishing - 3/23/2012 11:34:31 AM   
jpwrunyan

My first thought is that if the motives you expressed in the above were genuine you would have contacted codeforce directly and privately instead of posting on a public forum. Your "question" instead comes across as a thinly veiled public attack on Matrix Games.

Evidence: Why isn't Matrix Games more likely to be able to get DW on Steam than codeforce alone? Also why are Steam and Matrix Games mutually exclusive??? I don't know the details anymore than you claim to, but your assumptions are telling.

If that really was not your intent, I think you should edit your post.
On the other hand, if you think I have misread your post, feel free to correct me.

(in reply to Kregoth)
Post #: 2
RE: Questions about current publishing - 3/23/2012 2:56:35 PM   
Igard

It' my understanding that Matrix offers more than just publishing. They provide alot of technical support to the development of the game.

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 3
RE: Questions about current publishing - 3/23/2012 4:13:50 PM   
Webbco

This is the only game I have bought under Matrix but they seems to have an excellent independent developer support ethic, as Igard said. Erik has worked alongside Elliot from very early on from what I've gathered, which must be an attractive quality for a small-time dev in these times. Additionally, Matrix has been great with customer support and Erik has often had a lot of direct input with the forums - it's clear that recommendations and ideas from the community have been communicated to Elliot through Erik directly.

From a business point of view, I could definitely see how DW could now benefit from getting a bit more attention through more mainstream services. Maybe this now one of the limiting factors in sales growth? Can a game outgrow it's original publisher? I don't know. I'm a total layman with this stuff so I could be completely incorrect.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 4
RE: Questions about current publishing - 3/23/2012 4:28:37 PM   
ASHBERY76

Matrix want all the pie.

(in reply to Webbco)
Post #: 5
RE: Questions about current publishing - 3/23/2012 9:15:34 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Kregoth,

I think you've made a lot of assumptions here.

We have and continue to everything possible to support Codeforce and get Distant Worlds out to as many people as possible while maximizing the return on investment. This release is a cooperative effort between us and Codeforce. Without both, Distant Worlds as it is today would not exist. We have invested many resources into it and have a great many exciting plans for the future still to be announced. We would also like Distant Worlds to be known as the best sci-fi strategy game ever and if all goes well in the future I think we have a good chance of achieving that.

If you are interested in supporting Distant Worlds and it seems clear that this post came from good intentions and a desire to see Distant Worlds succeed, then channel that energy towards helping us spread the word and encouraging your friends to check it out. The more attention we get, the more we can do. Feel free to contact me at erikr@matrixgames.com if want to discuss further.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 6
RE: Questions about current publishing - 3/23/2012 9:36:24 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins
We would also like Distant Worlds to be known as the best sci-fi strategy game ever and if all goes well in the future I think we have a good chance of achieving that.
Regards,
- Erik

I am not trying to get involved in this discussion so much as to say, I think it is an achievable goal.
I have switched almost entirely back to board war games... This is the ONLY computer game I still play.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 7
RE: Questions about current publishing - 3/24/2012 10:46:49 AM   
Kregoth

quote:

Hi Kregoth,

I think you've made a lot of assumptions here.

We have and continue to everything possible to support Codeforce and get Distant Worlds out to as many people as possible while maximizing the return on investment. This release is a cooperative effort between us and Codeforce. Without both, Distant Worlds as it is today would not exist. We have invested many resources into it and have a great many exciting plans for the future still to be announced. We would also like Distant Worlds to be known as the best sci-fi strategy game ever and if all goes well in the future I think we have a good chance of achieving that.

If you are interested in supporting Distant Worlds and it seems clear that this post came from good intentions and a desire to see Distant Worlds succeed, then channel that energy towards helping us spread the word and encouraging your friends to check it out. The more attention we get, the more we can do. Feel free to contact me at erikr@matrixgames.com if want to discuss further.

Regards,

- Erik

Thanks for the information I appreciate it, I also would like to apologize as to the manner of the Original Post at hand I believe it may have been perceived out of context as the first reply pointed out. I don't hate Matrix nor do I mean any ill content towards them, I should have worded my question outside of the public eye :( I just have had trouble finding a way to contact you outside of Matrix's site and codeforce.co.nz didn't have any contact info :(

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 8
RE: Questions about current publishing - 3/24/2012 1:36:22 PM   
Cauldyth

quote:

have a great many exciting plans for the future still to be announced.

Tease!

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Questions about current publishing Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI