Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How to intercept?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> How to intercept? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How to intercept? - 3/31/2012 2:26:01 PM   
Zonso

Situation: For several turns now a specific area has been plagued by Partisans. My reactive responses has been to place Forts on key rail junctions and have roving Regiments deal with the Partisans. However, being pro-active I want to deny the air supplies to the Partisans in the first place so I placed an airbase in the area initially with one fighter group, then two. I have had them on day and night missions yet I do not see any increase in the kills and obviously with the Partisans still active they are not intercepting any of the air supply missions.

How do I intercept the air supply missions to the Partisans?
Post #: 1
RE: How to intercept? - 3/31/2012 6:35:01 PM   
elmo3

Partisan supply happens at night so make sure you have your air doctrine set properly for night fighter intercept. The best way to be proactive about stopping partisans is to make sure all captured urban areas are properly garrisoned to minimize partisans in the first place. See section 17.2 for the details on that.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester
Sanctus Reach beta tester
Desert War 1940-42 beta tester

(in reply to Zonso)
Post #: 2
RE: How to intercept? - 3/31/2012 7:11:29 PM   
Zonso

Yes, all cities are properly garrisoned. The Fighter Group is set for night operations yet has not shot down a single airplane. What does 'air doctrine set properly for night fighter intercept' mean? Thanks.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 3
RE: How to intercept? - 3/31/2012 7:21:34 PM   
elmo3

Make sure your air doctrine isn't set very low for night fighter intercept. I assume your night fighter units are in good shape (good morale and most aircraft ready to fly). Also if you have Percent required to Fly set too high then a unit with a low number of ready aircraft won't fly.

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. - George Bernard Shaw

WitE alpha/beta tester

(in reply to Zonso)
Post #: 4
RE: How to intercept? - 3/31/2012 7:24:06 PM   
Zonso

IIRC, the percent set to fly is 25% and intercept is 125%. Yes, the morale is high and no fatigue.

(in reply to elmo3)
Post #: 5
RE: How to intercept? - 3/31/2012 8:29:35 PM   
elmo3

OK if you want to attach a save file here I'll take a look.

WitE alpha/beta tester

(in reply to Zonso)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> How to intercept? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI