Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Off Topic. About Other Games.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Off Topic. About Other Games. Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/3/2012 12:29:59 PM   
Blueberry

Just out of curiosity... Who is playing what now? Is it yet another replay of ME3 with its old engine and graphics....or even of the entire trilogy? Is it skyrim with its bugs and lag.... Perhaps a game of Moo3? Yeah....it did fail but the patches and mods brought it back....well..some of it....a bit. ......jagged alliance back in action with its latest patch that fixes the game a bit? Anything at all? Several games at once?

OR could it be the case of ONLY DW .... That's my case anyways. Just my family, work, mother-in-law and mortgage (same category) and, of course, DW.
Post #: 1
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/3/2012 1:20:23 PM   
WiZz

Sword of the stars 2. Yes, I'm masochist

(in reply to Blueberry)
Post #: 2
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/3/2012 1:24:05 PM   
onomastikon

Currently Battle for Wesnoth (1.10 now), Conquest of Elysium, very little DW at the moment (just reinstalled 1.7.0.8 actually after not liking the current patch too much)!

(in reply to WiZz)
Post #: 3
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/3/2012 4:15:30 PM   
Fetrik

I've been playing Shogun RotS, Red faction Armageddon, Saints Row the Third and CoE 3 the last few days. Also waiting for my joystick to arrive so i can try Black Shark 2 which i bought from the devs this weekend.

(in reply to onomastikon)
Post #: 4
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/3/2012 4:33:51 PM   
Sarissofoi

Legue of legends.
Mostly.
But I take some break from it and play again in King of Dragon Pass.
Great game.
Awesome oldschool. Mix rpg strategy and village simulation.
Did I mention that is mostly text based with static pictures? Artworks are great btw.

(in reply to Fetrik)
Post #: 5
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/3/2012 5:58:45 PM   
tjhkkr

Adavanced Squad Leader [Board Game]: some its variants Genesis II, Chosen Reservoir, and Pork Chop Hill...

I have been thinking about picking up Harpoon III again since we appear to be heading for the Iranians trying to close off the Persian Gulf.

I am doing those while I code all of my Attack of the Clones/Clone Wars races/characters for DW.

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 4/3/2012 5:59:49 PM >

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Sarissofoi)
Post #: 6
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/3/2012 7:44:40 PM   
DasTactic

Mainly playing DW, Elemental Fallen Enchantress, Conquest of Elysium 3, and MineCraft if I can't be bothered getting my brain into gear.

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 7
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/3/2012 8:14:50 PM   
jlevans

Besides DW, CiV with the VEM mod.

Waiting for SotS2 to go 1.0 before I dive into it.

Now and then a little of Matrix's WitE although I do wish it would be moved in the direction of more of a winnable game than an Eastern front simulation with all the restrictions from history.

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 8
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/3/2012 10:34:28 PM   
Igard

I'm building 3 model kits. 2 of them are for a competition.

1. Ferrari F2007 Formula 1 car Kimi Raikkonen's championship winner.

2. WWII Aircraft carrier USS Enterprise CV6 diorama.

3. Klingon D7 modified to a Romulan Stormbird with lights.

(in reply to jlevans)
Post #: 9
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/3/2012 11:27:42 PM   
WoodMan

At the moment mainly Battlefield 3 because its easy to jump in and out of and I don't have much time.

I've almost hit lvl 45, one game off I'd say, then I'm going to get the DLC.

DW Legends and Skyrim are the other game I *want* to play but I'm waiting until I get some more free time, starting Thursday this week

"My body may be confined to this chair, but my mind is free to explore the universe" - Stephen Hawking

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 10
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/4/2012 1:23:06 AM   
Simulation01

It's pretty bad right now. I'm playing some DW but, I have a lot of resizing work to do on my favorite mods. I tried to play CIV V and wanted to cry. Reinstalled CIV IV and wanted to cry. Played some sotsII and screamed. I was playing a lot of Skyrim but, I took an arrow to the knee.

"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson

(in reply to WoodMan)
Post #: 11
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/4/2012 2:28:10 AM   
jpwrunyan

Battle for Wesnoth
Dwarf Fortress

Ps if you dont know dwarf fortress then you dont deserve to live. Best. Game. Evar. Period.

(in reply to Simulation01)
Post #: 12
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/4/2012 3:51:22 AM   
Kayoz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Igard
3. Klingon D7 modified to a Romulan Stormbird with lights.

Slacker! An ambitious modeller would have done the B10.

(in reply to Igard)
Post #: 13
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/4/2012 9:22:03 AM   
onomastikon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Das123

Elemental Fallen Enchantress

Your feelings on this monsieur? After what I felt was a terrible experience in E:WOM Beta (miserable communication and process flow) I vowed not to take part in any SD Beta process again.

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 14
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/4/2012 12:54:19 PM   
w1p

I second onomastikon - e:wom was such a great idea poorly done...

havn't tried elemental fallen enchantress yet, is it any good?

Post #: 15
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/4/2012 5:14:46 PM   
Omnax

Armada 2526 supernova. Also waiting for SOTS2 to sort out all the crap. Also waiting for Fallen Enchantress and Masters of the Broken World.

Guys, you should really check out Endless Space. It looks so good, and there should be release during the summer. And pre order with access into the beta in about a month.

http://endless-space.amplitude-studios.com/Features

< Message edited by Omnax -- 4/4/2012 5:15:53 PM >

(in reply to w1p)
Post #: 16
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/4/2012 5:59:29 PM   
Harry2

Picked up SOTS: Complete Collection while investigating SOTSII (not going near that just yet).

Wow, why did I not see this game before? Its great. Eating up all of my game time right now, even over DW.

Just check this board from time to time to see if any worthwhile updates to DW:Legends. Then....back to SOTS

(in reply to Omnax)
Post #: 17
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/4/2012 7:12:21 PM   
DasTactic

quote:

ORIGINAL: onomastikon

quote:

ORIGINAL: Das123

Elemental Fallen Enchantress

Your feelings on this monsieur? After what I felt was a terrible experience in E:WOM Beta (miserable communication and process flow) I vowed not to take part in any SD Beta process again.

Guys, this game is already so far past WoM it isn't funny. It is in its second beta now (3rd beta is due on the 12th of April) and it is already awesomely good. The only real thing left from WoM is the graphics and not much else. 3rd beta will start to introduce real faction diversity and a heap of other things. If the genre even slightly interests you I'd highly recommend it.

Post #: 18
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/4/2012 8:22:42 PM   
J HG T

quote:

ORIGINAL: Simulation01

...I took an arrow to the knee.

Seriously?

I've been trying to get back playing more on PC, but ME3 (both SP and MP) and Forza 4 have eaten surprising amount of my free time.

On PC, I'm playing Anachronox (Thanks again GOG!), SPAZ and SoaSE:Rebellion BETA. I've been thinking of getting Shogun 2 now that I've got new rig. I've always loved Total Wars, especially Rome and Medieval 2.
Other games that I really would like to play again are Space Rangers 2, Star Control 2, Skyrim, Alpha Centauri, Outcast, Deus Ex (both original and HR) and countless others that I won'teven bother to list here.
Stupid real life! Y U GET IN THE WAY OF MY HARDCORE GAMING?!

Nothing is impossible, not if you can imagine it!
"And they hurled themselves into the void of space with no fear."

Post #: 19
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/4/2012 9:46:27 PM   
WiZz

quote:

ORIGINAL: Omnax
Guys, you should really check out Endless Space. It looks so good, and there should be release during the summer. And pre order with access into the beta in about a month.

http://endless-space.amplitude-studios.com/Features

Interesting. Thanks for link of the game.

(in reply to Omnax)
Post #: 20
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/5/2012 12:24:41 AM   
Simulation01

quote:

ORIGINAL: J HG T

quote:

ORIGINAL: Simulation01

...I took an arrow to the knee.

Seriously?

I've been trying to get back playing more on PC, but ME3 (both SP and MP) and Forza 4 have eaten surprising amount of my free time.

On PC, I'm playing Anachronox (Thanks again GOG!), SPAZ and SoaSE:Rebellion BETA. I've been thinking of getting Shogun 2 now that I've got new rig. I've always loved Total Wars, especially Rome and Medieval 2.
Other games that I really would like to play again are Space Rangers 2, Star Control 2, Skyrim, Alpha Centauri, Outcast, Deus Ex (both original and HR) and countless others that I won'teven bother to list here.
Stupid real life! Y U GET IN THE WAY OF MY HARDCORE GAMING?!

What? I'm still laughing over that! I know, I know...it's everywhere, but then so it is in the game.

"Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though we are not now that strength which in old days moved Earth and Heaven; that which we are, we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts, made weak by time and fate, but strong in will." -Tennyson

(in reply to J HG T)
Post #: 21
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/5/2012 12:36:18 PM   
martok

Aside from Distant Worlds: Legends, I'm mostly playing my PBEM campaigns in Armada 2526 Supernova.  It's still my current favorite 4x game (although DW comes a *very* close second).   

I also dink around a bit with the Crusader Kings 2 demo and Star Trek Online (since it went free-to-play). 

"Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." -- Pascal

Post #: 22
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/5/2012 2:30:30 PM   
onomastikon

quote:

ORIGINAL: martok

Armada 2526 Supernova.  It's still my current favorite 4x game (although DW comes a *very* close second).   

That's interesting. I had to uninstall 2526 and its expansion Supernova (which I bought together) after a couple of days, I just could not find replayability in it. Fascinating how tastes differ.

(in reply to martok)
Post #: 23
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/5/2012 6:39:11 PM   
DasTactic

quote:

ORIGINAL: onomastikon

quote:

ORIGINAL: martok

Armada 2526 Supernova.  It's still my current favorite 4x game (although DW comes a *very* close second).   

That's interesting. I had to uninstall 2526 and its expansion Supernova (which I bought together) after a couple of days, I just could not find replayability in it. Fascinating how tastes differ.

I've tried a few times to like it as well but it just doesn't grab me. I feel like I'm missing something fundamental in my understanding of the game. I like the concept of the different races focussing on different aspects but other than that it doesn't hold my attention. DW is a game with a mountain of possibilities but Armada Supernova just seems like the same approach time after time. Funny thing is I really want to like this game.

Post #: 24
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/5/2012 6:49:40 PM   
Blueberry

I like them both. We've had this discussion with martok over at armada forums. Apples and oranges.

Armada has its own charm. DW is my favorite. Well, DW is one of the best anyways. Comparing armada to DW though isn't the way to go. Too many differences... Armada asks for less time which suits my currently hectic schedule. DW demands more attention which not many may simply afford nowadays.

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 25
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/6/2012 5:36:45 PM   
Whydmer

League of Legends
Advanced Tactics Gold
and DW all have my interest right now.

(in reply to Blueberry)
Post #: 26
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/7/2012 3:29:24 AM   
Keston

DW actually inspired me to pull out the old Starfleet Command (with update) for tactical space battles for a while, as I have done from time to time.

But I've been playing a lot of Crusader Kings 2 for the whole different flavor of a dynastic game played in a semi role-playing way as well as the detailed watch-the-world-do-its-thing (some of that is in DW too). Claims, heirs, marriages, casus belli, intrigue etc. I haven't had a Cruel Arbitrary ruler yet, so I avoid assassinatio, but do often provoke the recalcitrant vassals into hostility that canl lead to a conflict they lose and end up in a dank and unhealthy cell.

(in reply to Whydmer)
Post #: 27
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/8/2012 5:41:19 PM   
Morelyn

After a discussion on this forum, I pulled out MoO2 and got hooked all over again. But for the past few weeks I've been playing....

Master of Magic!

What a great game it is, I'd really forgotten. There are endless combinations of magic/race to try out and if you give the computer a lot of cheats it can give you a pretty tough game.

Build a man a fire and he's warm for the rest of the night.
Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

(in reply to Keston)
Post #: 28
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/10/2012 2:02:31 AM   
Dracus

skyrim and kotr

(in reply to Morelyn)
Post #: 29
RE: Off Topic. About Other Games. - 4/19/2012 2:00:55 AM   
Abraxis

I am currently playing DW, If i wasn't I wouldn't be here, hah.

Before my most recent foray into this awesome game though I was enjoying some Mount and Blade: Warband with Floris' Mod then Sword of Demaclese.

Before that I was on a Crusader Kings 2 kick until I realized how repetitive the game is. It adds character and, a 'reason to care' I guess, that I find lacking from most Paradox grand strategy titles, but after a game or two those characters just become nothing but numbers and the whole things is back to the same stale roots as Victoria or EU (entirely my opinion of course, I wish I liked those games).

Played some X3 for a while too, always fun, put that down until Rebirth comes out though, can't freaking wait

Every now and again I'll dip into Dwarf Fortress, or a game of League of Legends here and there.

Another game I feel like noting, in case you were looking for other things like DW, but not. Aurora is like a hyper realistic DW. I've tried getting into it a few times, but I swear you need a degree in physics just to design a functioning component of a ship, let alone a ship. The first time I played it I never even got out of the SOL system. The second time I tried it, it took me about two days of heavy play just to colonize another planet. That being said, if you're a smarter and more patient man than me you'll probably get a lot out of it.

You're very much blind when it comes to everything going on, but if you're able to figure out how to properly calibrate signal bandwidth with antenna length in order to achieve the proper range and resolution to even see what may or may not even be there chances are you'll just wonder where that pathetic fleet you spent 5 hours designing and another 5 building;
the one that experienced failures in multiple systems right out of the gate;
the one you had to mine a long period comet for years to build, before it left system, taking all your mining equipment with it...
but you sent them on their mission anyways.

They weren't destroyed, they weren't captured. All you ever saw from them was some preliminary scans of a few asteroids in this particular solar system, a curious heat signature just barely big enough to register on those medium range high rez infrared scanners you weren't even sure worked (but holy hell was it satisfying after about an hour designing them), then there was a curious nuclear detonation... then... nothing.

That's about where I left it, deciding to play something simple, like Dwarf Fortress.

< Message edited by Abraxis -- 4/19/2012 2:44:53 AM >

(in reply to Dracus)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Off Topic. About Other Games. Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI