Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Politics with Spain

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Tech Support >> Politics with Spain Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Politics with Spain - 4/7/2012 9:02:23 AM   
Petiloup

I'm curious as did anyone managed to get Spain on the Axis side playing against the AI or even in a multi-player game?

I tried to bring them to Axis in my first Axis game using German and even Italian points but each next turn they were back to 20% or so.

This even after the capitulation of France, UK and the USSR.

So I wonder what needs to be done to get Spain on the Axis side.
Post #: 1
RE: Politics with Spain - 4/7/2012 3:41:30 PM   
shermanwar

I always wanted to see a simulation if Spain had joined the Axis. The effect of a pincer on France, Gibraltar taken from the north, three fronts in N. Africa, etc... To me it seemed like what should have happened since they like Italy were Fascist.

But the only way I was able to make this happen was to go in and alter their Axis entry threshold and their alignment from neutral to Axis. So it was a simple tweak to the Countries files.

Try it!
Sherman

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 2
RE: Politics with Spain - 4/7/2012 4:10:37 PM   
gwgardner

In the Time of Wrath, which was a precursor to this game, it was much easier to convince Spain to join the Axis.

So players made the opposite request - please make it MUCH harder to get Spain to join. It's a game changer. It's completely ahistorical. And so on.

So the developer made it more historical.

Shermanwar's suggestion is a good one. It's easy to modify the likelihood of entry, if you would prefer that option in a game, or all games.

(in reply to shermanwar)
Post #: 3
RE: Politics with Spain - 4/8/2012 2:14:58 AM   
Petiloup

quote:

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

In the Time of Wrath, which was a precursor to this game, it was much easier to convince Spain to join the Axis.

So players made the opposite request - please make it MUCH harder to get Spain to join. It's a game changer. It's completely ahistorical. And so on.

Shermanwar's suggestion is a good one. It's easy to modify the likelihood of entry, if you would prefer that option in a game, or all games.

I understand that Spain entering the war in an historical context (normal Fall of France) should be prevented. Franco wasn't ready to commit to anything really but here after the fall of France, UK, USSR and pretty much everything else on the map, Spain still didn't want to join.

Maybe there could be a rule than when Germany applies pressure on Spain the %age of change is modified by positive and negative amounts. Positive amount if France falls, if Egypt is taken, if Malta falls, if Sealion is started, if Germany commits to important help (X hundreds of PP), then negative modifiers for the US war entry level, for USSR being attacked, and so forth.

Anyway if it's an historical simulation then no point to put diplomacy and prevent anything to happen, just keep the historical events.

If it's not a simulation then this kind of events should have a chance to happen.

(in reply to gwgardner)
Post #: 4
RE: Politics with Spain - 4/8/2012 2:54:36 AM   
Razz1

You can get Spain into the Axis.

Just keep on trying.

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 5
RE: Politics with Spain - 4/8/2012 3:03:18 AM   
Petiloup

quote:

ORIGINAL: Razz

You can get Spain into the Axis.

Just keep on trying.

Ok, will do once the AI is fixed a bit.

Thanks.

(in reply to Razz1)
Post #: 6
RE: Politics with Spain - 4/8/2012 2:07:24 PM   
doomtrader

The Spain must be willing to join the Axis.

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 7
RE: Politics with Spain - 4/9/2012 3:12:04 AM   
JLPOWELL

An example of where you can't please everyone.

My Vote would be to leave it as extremely difficult or impossible. Franco was to smart to get pulled into the war. What possible inducement could Germany offer which would balance the risk? Downside risk was national destruction (or at least certain regime change) what reward would be tempting? Even remaining neutral Spain would have enjoyed good relations with a victorious Axis. Germany made every effort to get Spain on board with little success.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Polonthi

quote:

ORIGINAL: gwgardner

I understand that Spain entering the war in an historical context (normal Fall of France) should be prevented. Franco wasn't ready to commit to anything really but here after the fall of France, UK, USSR and pretty much everything else on the map, Spain still didn't want to join.

Maybe there could be a rule than when Germany applies pressure on Spain the %age of change is modified by positive and negative amounts. Positive amount if France falls, if Egypt is taken, if Malta falls, if Sealion is started, if Germany commits to important help (X hundreds of PP), then negative modifiers for the US war entry level, for USSR being attacked, and so forth.

Anyway if it's an historical simulation then no point to put diplomacy and prevent anything to happen, just keep the historical events.

If it's not a simulation then this kind of events should have a chance to happen.

"Don’t you think that if I were wrong, I’d know it?"

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 8
RE: Politics with Spain - 4/10/2012 6:56:13 AM   
Petiloup

quote:

ORIGINAL: JLPOWELL

An example of where you can't please everyone.

My Vote would be to leave it as extremely difficult or impossible. Franco was to smart to get pulled into the war. What possible inducement could Germany offer which would balance the risk? Downside risk was national destruction (or at least certain regime change) what reward would be tempting? Even remaining neutral Spain would have enjoyed good relations with a victorious Axis. Germany made every effort to get Spain on board with little success.

I must say that you are absolutely right.

We would always think that Spain would want Gibraltar back but to risk even regime change would mean for Franco to loose power and for what? to get a small rock!!!

Indeed view like that it make sense.

(in reply to JLPOWELL)
Post #: 9
RE: Politics with Spain - 4/10/2012 8:50:03 AM   
doomtrader

As I already said, there must be the will on the Spanish side to join the Axis.

(in reply to Petiloup)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Time of Fury >> Tech Support >> Politics with Spain Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI