Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

No zoom

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> No zoom Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
No zoom - 4/10/2012 11:14:22 PM   
blow56

I just downloaded the game and changed the Properties to make it Windows 7 compatible - but there is no mousewheel in-game zoom. You can either get 2D Large which isn't, or Huge which is TOO big.

Anyone know how to get the in-game mousewheel zoom back?
Post #: 1
RE: No zoom - 4/15/2012 12:13:22 PM   
blow56

Does NO-ONE have an answer to this? Is the latest patch, for example, a possible solution - and is it a stand-alone, or does it need the previous patches?

(in reply to blow56)
Post #: 2
RE: No zoom - 4/15/2012 2:06:06 PM   
Oberst_Klink

Kamerad Blow56,

please be so kind an provide more system specs and what about the Opart.INI file? I have got Windows 7, 1440x900 and I don't experience an issue with the mouse-wheel zoom function. I also advise to let Windows 7 determine the compatibility mode, too.

Regards,

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to blow56)
Post #: 3
RE: No zoom - 4/15/2012 3:25:36 PM   
Curtis Lemay

The latest patch is comprehensive - you don't need the earlier patches. It is not stand-alone. You must have a TOAW III installation before applying the patch.

There is no zoom level between Large and Huge.

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 4
RE: No zoom - 4/15/2012 10:15:40 PM   
Janium

After installing the game recently, I did notice several flukes in the main ini file. In 'opart 3.ini' there should be an entry 'allowMouseWheelZoom=Y'.

(in reply to Curtis Lemay)
Post #: 5
Zoom, allowMouseWheelZoom in Opart 3.ini - 5/6/2012 5:09:36 PM   
Catch21

quote:

ORIGINAL: blow56

I just downloaded the game and changed the Properties to make it Windows 7 compatible - but there is no mousewheel in-game zoom. You can either get 2D Large which isn't, or Huge which is TOO big.

Anyone know how to get the in-game mousewheel zoom back?
Forget the mouse wheel for a moment. If you go to Options->Map View off the menu system, you get:

2D: Huge, Large, Small, Tiny
3D: Large, Small

With the mouse wheel, in 2D you get 2 x Tiny views, with the other 3- total 5. In 3D the usual 2, though why anyone would ever use 3D is beyond my comprehension.

Are you confusing 2D and 3D, where the toggle switch is in the Menu (clicks/arrow +/-)system not via mouse? Once you've selected 2D or 3D graphics from there, the mouse zoom should work (does for me), and it may be you're expecting more zoom in 3D and there are just the 2. Or post images and that might help sort it.

As to Janium's observation above "In 'opart 3.ini' there should be an entry 'allowMouseWheelZoom=Y'", I agree- I don't find it either and when I add it switched to 'N' the mouse wheel zoom still unfortunately (for me, I can't stand it) works.

Can anyone else confirm this?

< Message edited by General Staff -- 5/6/2012 5:10:59 PM >

Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
(J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

(in reply to blow56)
Post #: 6
RE: Zoom, allowMouseWheelZoom in Opart 3.ini - 5/6/2012 5:59:58 PM   
Janium

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Staff

As to Janium's observation above "In 'opart 3.ini' there should be an entry 'allowMouseWheelZoom=Y'", I agree- I don't find it either and when I add it switched to 'N' the mouse wheel zoom still unfortunately (for me, I can't stand it) works.

Hm. If I switch it to 'N' it does what its supposed to do: it switches off the mouse wheel zoom.

By the way: the option "doubleclickplanner=Y" is accessible via the Player options. Strangely enough the option "doubleClickComposition=N" is part of the Opart 3.ini, but is NOT availably via any options menu. I think that's a shame, because setting it to 'Y' allows you to open the Group Composition Window by doubleclicking a stack of units, which comes in extremely handy...

(in reply to Catch21)
Post #: 7
RE: Zoom, allowMouseWheelZoom in Opart 3.ini - 5/13/2012 12:02:09 AM   
Catch21

quote:

ORIGINAL: Janium

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Staff

Hm. If I switch it to 'N' it does what its supposed to do: it switches off the mouse wheel zoom.

By the way: the option "doubleclickplanner=Y" is accessible via the Player options. Strangely enough the option "doubleClickComposition=N" is part of the Opart 3.ini, but is NOT availably via any options menu. I think that's a shame, because setting it to 'Y' allows you to open the Group Composition Window by doubleclicking a stack of units, which comes in extremely handy...

I did get it to (not) work- i.e. allowMouseWheelZoom=N in the Opart 3.ini turns the feature off- halelujah! Agreed on the Double Clicks.

Another Q on UI- From TOAW III Manual:

1) 6.1.2.
Message window style dialogs (those without “checkmark” style exit buttons) now
accept input from the number keys (either on the keypad or the main row at the top
of the keyboard) to select from available options. The options buttons in these dialogs
are always arranged vertically. The “1” key selects the top button, “2” selects the
next button, etc.

Does anyone know an example where this works?

I've tried right clicking on a unit and then hitting 4 say to try to get it to go to 'Deploy: Mobile' etc... say, but this doesn't work.

Tactics are based on Weapons... Strategy on Movement... and Movement on Supply.
(J. F. C. Fuller 1878-1966)

(in reply to Janium)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> TOAW III Support >> No zoom Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI