Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Various questions, designs refit priority & fleet stances.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Various questions, designs refit priority & fleet stances. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Various questions, designs refit priority & fleet stances. - 4/13/2012 1:16:38 AM   
Baleur

Well, i remember reading somewhere in the latest beta patches about how fleet stances were now rehashed, when the fleet itself is automated or not they had various effects.

I can not for the life of me find that again! Where was that?
It was something about how if the fleet or ships are automated, the fleet stance will change, but if the fleet or ships were not automated, the fleet stances will stick to whatever you selected, but the ships will still be effectively "automated" within that general order..... ? Yeah, you can see i really need to read up on that one again before i continue my current game that's about to go to hell

I just made a few new fleets (turned off automatic fleet formation), i want my newly formed fleet to automatically give themselves stances, defend here or there. But they just sat there despite being fully automated. If war breaks out, will they still sit idle? I want them to automate their stances, choose attack targets and such. But i do not want the fleet formation to be automated.

Secondly, designs, i read about this in the latest beta patches too with the new refit/upgrade mechanics, but it still confuses me..
I tried it last night, i made a manual defensive base design (basically a tiny ion cannon battery), and tried faffing with the refit/auto-upgrade settings to get what i wanted, but it never worked.

I essentially wanted the game to keep automatically upgrading all normal defensive bases (DFB-5 to DFB-6 etc), while ONLY using my manual design when i specifically order them to be built. Now, this worked half-half.
1. My own ion batteries wanted to refit/upgrade into DFB-6, which made me pull my hair out (no way to cancel, had to remove them and build again.)
2. After upgrading my design so it became the latest, the "ai-built" DFB-6 were now retrofitting to my ion battery design!!

How on Char do i have my manual designs only upgrade/refit into subsequent advanced versions of the same design, not into an entirely different design? And how do i prevent the automatic designs from upgrading/refitting into my manual designs?? I very much want to keep using the handy "New tech, refit all ships and bases?" popup.
I know you can turn it off for design subtypes such as the defensive bases, but then the ai-built designs DFB-5 etc will also not upgrade, right?

Thanks.

< Message edited by Baleur -- 4/13/2012 1:21:06 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Various questions, designs refit priority & fleet s... - 4/13/2012 2:44:44 AM   
jpwrunyan

Woh. How do you retrofit defense bases without scrapping them? These are colony defense bases?

(in reply to Baleur)
Post #: 2
RE: Various questions, designs refit priority & fleet s... - 4/13/2012 2:48:04 AM   
feelotraveller

By clicking on the retrofit button and then selecting a design to retrofit them to.

Only bases at a colony can be retrofitted.  (I thought you knew this...)

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 3
RE: Various questions, designs refit priority & fleet s... - 4/13/2012 10:36:13 AM   
DustyMonk

Have you tried changing the "Default Retrofit Stance" in your manual design?

Attachment (1)

(in reply to feelotraveller)
Post #: 4
RE: Various questions, designs refit priority & fleet s... - 4/15/2012 1:51:08 PM   
jpwrunyan

Thanks guys. Honestly I never even noticed that pulldown before. And i use the button to build defense bases so that they space evenly around the planet. So, since they were in orbit I assumed they were not colony bases. When I think about it now I realize of course they are.
Basically, anything built by the planet can be retrofitted. Anything built by a construction ship cannot in any way shape or form be retrofited; its scrap and rebuild. Thats still true, right?

(in reply to DustyMonk)
Post #: 5
RE: Various questions, designs refit priority & fleet s... - 4/19/2012 3:20:15 AM   
Abraxis

Wow, I feel dumb.

I love designing my own stuff, but also hate having to manually design everything.

I never noticed that pull down either, Thanks a lot monk!

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 6
RE: Various questions, designs refit priority & fleet s... - 4/19/2012 3:35:32 AM   
jpwrunyan

Abraxis, you may not have noticed that pulldown before because it doesnt actually exist.
Its from the beta version which I do not and will not play.
So basically useless.

(in reply to Abraxis)
Post #: 7
RE: Various questions, designs refit priority & fleet s... - 4/19/2012 3:43:14 AM   
Abraxis

Yeah I just picked up the beta patch, is it unstable or something? Why won't you play it?

(in reply to jpwrunyan)
Post #: 8
RE: Various questions, designs refit priority & fleet s... - 4/21/2012 7:59:04 AM   
Flora62

Woh. How do you retrofit defense bases without scrapping them?

(in reply to Abraxis)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Various questions, designs refit priority & fleet stances. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI