Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CA-Gaul - Worth the Trouble?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War >> The War Room >> CA-Gaul - Worth the Trouble? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CA-Gaul - Worth the Trouble? - 11/12/2011 1:59:28 PM   
tgb

I seem to be spending most of my game(s) tied up in Cisalpine Gaul, taking and retaking the same small cities. When I do beat the AI, it's on points.

Is there any reason to hold onto the region once Genua is under control and fortified?
Post #: 1
RE: CA-Gaul - Worth the Trouble? - 11/14/2011 7:21:04 PM   
PJJ

I usually recruit all the troops I can get from Cisalpine Gaul after playing Gallic Aid and then move south against the Romans. Holding Cisalpine Gaul is not absolutely necessary. Sometimes I bring an army from Spain through Cisalpine Gaul and recruit some Gauls on my way south to support Hannibal. I wouldn't waste too many resources in holding Cisalpine Gaul.

"But here we are in a chamber pot, about to be ****ted upon."

-French General Auguste Ducrot before the Battle of Sedan, September 1870

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 2
RE: CA-Gaul - Worth the Trouble? - 11/16/2011 5:53:51 PM   
Gargoil

quote:

ORIGINAL: tgb

I seem to be spending most of my game(s) tied up in Cisalpine Gaul, taking and retaking the same small cities. When I do beat the AI, it's on points.

Is there any reason to hold onto the region once Genua is under control and fortified?

Once you move south and capture some major cities, you can keep the Romans too busy to bother with Northern Italy.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 3
RE: CA-Gaul - Worth the Trouble? - 4/14/2012 5:17:19 AM   
SkyElf

I take Cisalpine Gaul and get as many troops as I can out of C.G. I try to hold on to Genua to keep reniforcements from Spain comming to replace losses to my Army and grow it larger if possible! The game makes it hard for Carthage to keep naval support open and I seem to take major losses in naval battles even with superior numbers!

< Message edited by SkyElf -- 4/15/2012 4:15:35 AM >

A True Gamer to the Core!

(in reply to Gargoil)
Post #: 4
RE: CA-Gaul - Worth the Trouble? - 5/26/2012 11:32:17 AM   
SkyElf

New report on Cisalpine Gaul! After taking Genua from Roman player I take Hannibal south bring Hasrubal over from Spain threw Genua leaving a couple of extra troops there and pick up any more troops in Gaul then I move south with him also. The Roman player has a terrible tendance to try and grab the small city first in Cisapline Gaul (even from the boot of Italy or Rome) and get to take down there army so your troops can kill them off and pick up a leader point for killing Roman general and a card! Easy pickings in general. I do this with troops from Africa usally and pick up the few troops I left in Genua.

A True Gamer to the Core!

(in reply to SkyElf)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Hannibal: Rome and Carthage in the Second Punic War >> The War Room >> CA-Gaul - Worth the Trouble? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI