Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trading Techs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Trading Techs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trading Techs - 4/16/2012 7:04:23 PM   
DiggyDad

I wasn't really sure where to post this so excuse me if its in the wrong area.

I haven't played DW in a while but recently I took the plunge and purchased Shakturi and Legends; I have really been enjoying them. Kudos to the devs for keeping this game alive.

I recently downloaded the Beta and am not sure if there is a bug or if I have changed a setting somewhere but on the diplomacy screen there are no offers from other races to trade techs. Did I do something I shouldn't have or is this a problem?
Post #: 1
RE: Trading Techs - 4/16/2012 7:14:49 PM   
Howard Mitchell

They will only trade techs now if you have a very good relationship with then, such as a mutual defence pact.

While the battles the British fight may differ in the widest possible ways, they invariably have two common characteristics – they are always fought uphill and always at the junction of two or more map sheets.

General Sir William Slim

(in reply to DiggyDad)
Post #: 2
RE: Trading Techs - 4/16/2012 8:06:15 PM   
Jeeves

In the diplomacy screen, select an empire. Their opinion of you is given below the racial statistics. From my experience, trading their galaxy map occurs when the relationship is positive. Technology trading for non racial techs begins about 24, and for racial techs about 48 positive relationship. Since the relationship starts at -18 due to your alien ways, you must give gifts or at least a few thousand cash every 19 days or so in order to get the relationship to rise. It is far more cost effective to give a couple of years of small gifts rather than a few large gifts. To give a small gift negotiate a trade deal with cash on your side and nothing received in return, or at most their updated galaxy map. I give 3k on each trading cycle to everybody, recovering my money by selling technology to those with enough money.

Lonnie Courtney Clay
p.s. When I first meet an empire, I give them mining and military refueling rights for a boost of about 10-14 in our relationship. Don't give mining rights to the guardians though, unless you WANT their mine spammers in your territory. There is a lag between giving the rights and the improvement, while the AI empires mulls over how much they like it.

< Message edited by Jeeves -- 4/16/2012 8:11:29 PM >

Live long and prosper!

Lonnie Courtney Clay

(in reply to DiggyDad)
Post #: 3
RE: Trading Techs - 4/16/2012 10:12:54 PM   
DustyMonk

I just train up my intel characters stealing tech from the guardians. Then send them to steal the racial techs. However I do feel this is somewhat of an exploit.

(in reply to Jeeves)
Post #: 4
RE: Trading Techs - 4/17/2012 1:51:00 AM   
DiggyDad

Thanks guys for the quick answers. I figured it was something I just didn't know.

(in reply to DustyMonk)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Trading Techs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI