Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Novice Questions

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Novice Questions Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Novice Questions - 4/18/2012 3:42:54 AM   
bmelenson

Hey, can anyone help a novice out? I can't seem to find answers to the following:

1) If I put an air group in the national reserve, what happens to any damaged or reserve aircraft that it has?

2) I understand that during the first winter rules, that up to two German units can avoid damage by holding up in a City hex. If I put a third unit in, will it be considered to be in clear terrain, or does it receive some benefit?

3) How many air groups can you put in a single airfield unit before the mechanics start getting overloaded? Is there an optimal number of groups?

4) How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Thanks!
Post #: 1
RE: Novice Questions - 4/18/2012 4:01:01 AM   
AFV

4) Depends on how long the woodchuck chucked wood, and also the type of wood being chucked.

(in reply to bmelenson)
Post #: 2
RE: Novice Questions - 4/19/2012 1:20:55 AM   
bmelenson

Other factors would be if it were an African or a European woodchuck.

Seriously, though, can anyone help me out on the first three questions?

(in reply to AFV)
Post #: 3
RE: Novice Questions - 4/19/2012 1:44:12 AM   
carlkay58

Some attempts:

1) I honestly don't know, they either go into the pool or disappear - not sure which.

2) I believe it is considered to be in clear terrain.

3) It depends on a lot of factors - but keep on eye on your support levels - needed vs present - and that will tell you how it is going.

(in reply to bmelenson)
Post #: 4
RE: Novice Questions - 4/19/2012 8:04:27 AM   
Woof Woof

Only discovered WiTE about two months ago (shame on me !). Bought a copy and have started playing. Loving the game but one of my biggest problems so far is that I have absolutely no idea how to construct a rail network. The 0-0 construction units apparently do their own thing as I'm unable to move or direct them, is that correct ?, also although I'm able to move the 0-16 constuction units they don't appear to be achieving anything in terms of extending my rail network.

Can anybody help with an explanation in simple terms of how these units operate.

Many thanks

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 5
RE: Novice Questions - 4/19/2012 9:17:31 AM   
cpt flam

i will try to open your eyes
1 they will stay same thing (going to see reinforcement you will see them 2 turns later identical)
3 as carlkay say you must keep an eye on support needed furthermore if you add some bombers there is a possibility that some will tell no ammo to fly & abort mission

for the rail conversion you can do nothing except placement of your HQ about 0-0
for 16 mp when you arrive on a hex to convert you will see a cost (1baltic 3otherwise) you must click on it
outside baltic you can change 4 hexes at most

(in reply to Woof Woof)
Post #: 6
RE: Novice Questions - 4/19/2012 2:12:15 PM   
Woof Woof

quote:

ORIGINAL: cpt flam

for the rail conversion you can do nothing except placement of your HQ about 0-0
for 16 mp when you arrive on a hex to convert you will see a cost (1baltic 3otherwise) you must click on it
outside baltic you can change 4 hexes at most

Thanks, I think I'm beginning to understand the situation with the 0-0 construction units and HQ's but I'm still confused with the situation regarding the 0-16 construction units. When I move a 0-16 construction unit into a rail hex I don't see any "cost" to repair al I see is that my movement points having decreased and the hex info says "Axis rail damage 100" plus info about off rail MP and off rail range. I'm obviously missing something

(in reply to cpt flam)
Post #: 7
RE: Novice Questions - 4/19/2012 2:31:25 PM   
Banzan

You can only convert rail next to a repaired rail. The "Button" is shown in the FBD Unit icon (not really poking your eyes).

(in reply to Woof Woof)
Post #: 8
RE: Novice Questions - 4/19/2012 3:08:32 PM   
Woof Woof

quote:

ORIGINAL: Banzan

You can only convert rail next to a repaired rail. The "Button" is shown in the FBD Unit icon (not really poking your eyes).

At last !!!! many thanks Banzan

While you're here any tips on getting the 0-0 construction units to go in a particular direction ? I've got loads of them working northward in the area around Riga when I'd really prefer them to be working eastward in the direction of Smolensk and Minsk.

Thanks again

(in reply to Banzan)
Post #: 9
RE: Novice Questions - 4/19/2012 9:15:40 PM   
wurger54

Since we're asking rookie questions: What is muling?

(in reply to Woof Woof)
Post #: 10
RE: Novice Questions - 4/19/2012 9:23:02 PM   
karonagames

It is a complicated system of attaching and re attaching units to HQs to take advantage of a loophole in the HQ build up rules, It allows large amounts of supply to be moved large distances, regardless of the ability of the logistics system to support it.

It is very controversial, but legal within the current rule set.

(in reply to wurger54)
Post #: 11
RE: Novice Questions - 4/19/2012 9:44:25 PM   
wurger54

Thanks. I've been playing the jewel since it came out and I still feel like I'm barely scratching the surface.

(in reply to karonagames)
Post #: 12
RE: Novice Questions - 4/19/2012 9:50:40 PM   
Remmes

quote:

ORIGINAL: wurger54

Thanks. I've been playing the jewel since it came out and I still feel like I'm barely scratching the surface.

Same here; i've played it for more than a year; the complexity on the product page is listed as 'advanced' for a reason.......

(in reply to wurger54)
Post #: 13
RE: Novice Questions - 4/19/2012 10:10:03 PM   
wurger54

I'm seeing what looks like wildly varying results on the AARs in terms of what the Axis can do in '41. In my games (PBEM as both German and Soviet) the German tends to grab Leningrad, but not Moscow, and ends up in a line S from there, usually short of Stalino. Can the Germans win this one? I remember the Germans could win in War in Russia once in a while.

(in reply to Remmes)
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Novice Questions Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI