Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

"Readiness" -- What Am I Missing?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> "Readiness" -- What Am I Missing? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
"Readiness" -- What Am I Missing? - 4/25/2012 8:07:58 PM   
edsan

I've thoroughly enjoyed this game for 1 1/2 years now (always in the middle of one). The current one, though, has me confused and maybe someone could help me understand what's happening.

Specifically, my units (AND the different AI's) all have very low readiness values. My initial units had full values, but they went down fast. All units are in full supply, in all types of terrain and I've tried not to move them very much. The values range in the 20-35 area with very very little recovery (I thought they'd go up 30/turn (?)). This, of course, severely impacts movement and combat for both sides. I don't remember this as a problem in many previous games.

Is it just me (maybe I messed with the editor to make the AI more "even") or is there something I'm not considering? Ideas/comments welcome.
Post #: 1
RE: "Readiness" -- What Am I Missing? - 4/25/2012 9:42:57 PM   
Josh

Oh that doesn't sound right, when units are in full supply they should recover fast, so no clue on my side.
Cos sometimes it's your supply infrastructure that's not adequate for the job but as you say it's all over the map for all units. 

(in reply to edsan)
Post #: 2
RE: "Readiness" -- What Am I Missing? - 4/26/2012 5:39:12 PM   
ernieschwitz

Maybe you changed the predefined units to have less than 100% supply?
Or maybe you set the supply move cost very high?

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 3
RE: "Readiness" -- What Am I Missing? - 4/27/2012 2:00:30 PM   
edsan

I have a long list of rulevars that I change for every new random game (to even up the AI). Somewhere in there I might have done the wrong one without paying close enough attention. The units, though, still show 100% supply consumption, they have reserves (as do their HQ), and the colored map supply overlay shows them in green territory.

It sure isn't the same game when units won't attack, units barely go through woods, etc.. Even after sitting still for 10 turns a unit's readiness barely gets into the 50s.

Normally I'd quit the game (should have right away), but now I'm interested in what's going to happen.....albeit slowly.

Any more ideas are still welcome.

(in reply to ernieschwitz)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Advanced Tactics Support >> "Readiness" -- What Am I Missing? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI