Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Research?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Research? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Research? - 5/5/2012 2:48:04 PM   
Cheesehead

Do you have to apply a research point to have any chance of increasing that units' skill each turn? Say, for example, I'm researching fighter evasion: I spend a research point in Su40 to from 4/6 to 5/6. Then the next few turns I don't spend anything on that skill. Will that skill have a chance to increase? ie. do you have to keep applying research points to the skills you want to improve each turn or is a matter of just adding a point here and there to speed things along.

I'm playing my first game against the computer Axis and it seems that the Germans are really jumping ahead in skills. I'm not sure if I should be devoting most of my production to research just to keep up?

Thanks

John

You can't fight in here...this is the war room!
Post #: 1
RE: Research? - 5/5/2012 10:27:43 PM   
rjh1971

If you're on point short of achieving a skill then there was a chance (don't remember what percentage) of getting the last beacon and obtaining the new research level. That same chance also applies when you have the invested the total amount, you will notice it because you will start the next level with one beacon already.

I recomend investing in R&D, specially with the russians they're way behind of german war levels. Having advantage in R&D can tilt a game in your favor.

About how much you need to invest in R&D, units and sigint you have to find your own balance, when you start pbem it will be a lot harder since every human opponent can display a different strategy.

Cheers.

GG's AWD, GG's WBTS, GG's WitE Beta Tester
Beta Tester: Panzer Corps, Time of Fury, CtGW, DC CB, DC3 Barbarossa, SC WWII WiE, SC WWII WaW, SC WWI

(in reply to Cheesehead)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's World at War: A World Divided >> Research? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI