Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

My Review/AAR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> After Action Reports >> My Review/AAR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
My Review/AAR - 5/5/2012 8:38:47 PM   
Veloxi

Hey y'all, hope you don't mind some pimpage, but I just finished my review series -- which are multi-entry game diaries -- of Distant Worlds - Legends, and I was hoping you'd enjoy it.

http://www.spacegamejunkie.com/series/distant-worlds-legends-review/

Thanks! :)

Post #: 1
RE: My Review/AAR - 5/6/2012 9:14:20 AM   
Theluin

That's a nice AAR, very interesting as people usually don't play in the "starship captain mode". You inspired me to start playing DW again after a months break

(in reply to Veloxi)
Post #: 2
RE: My Review/AAR - 5/6/2012 5:38:15 PM   
Veloxi

Hey, thanks! As soon as I read that in the manual I knew I had to try it. Glad you enjoyed it!

(in reply to Theluin)
Post #: 3
RE: My Review/AAR - 5/6/2012 7:22:11 PM   
DasTactic

Great AAR. Very enjoyable read and I really like the focus of the character. :)

I think you really nailed what Distant Worlds is for me when you said...

quote:

Here’s a universe that’s living on its own with very little, if any, direction given by me. I saw how small a cog I was in this universe, and saw how beautifully it flowed, and how well it all meshed together. Cargo ships went on their way delivering cargo, passenger liners showed off the wonders of the universe, pirates did what pirates do.

The more I played, the more I found myself slowing down…just to watch. I still had stuff to do here and there, but I turned all the automation back on just so I can watch this beautifully living universe flow in front of me. I didn’t feel any less involved or connected to the game either, I just felt like I was allowing myself to soak it all in…and it was amazing.

(in reply to Veloxi)
Post #: 4
RE: My Review/AAR - 5/6/2012 7:39:25 PM   
Veloxi

AAwww, thanks so much, I'm really glad you enjoyed it. It was actually fun adding some role playing/character development to the whole thing, hopefully it made it more of a fun read than a more traditional review.

And yeah, it's really just an amazing achievement. :)

(in reply to DasTactic)
Post #: 5
RE: My Review/AAR - 7/21/2012 10:27:48 PM   
Wild_Bill

Veloxi you very very evil Solrain!!! You costing is poor Oct miner over 1k credits for new comp just to play 1c game!!! And it was your original report on Space Junkie that sucked me in. Cunning Evil Solrains!!! Even with JumpGate gone you continue to con poor dumb Octs at every opportunity.

Seriously, GREAT review! It isn't JG, but it looks way better than anything I've had since May 1st.

(in reply to Veloxi)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> After Action Reports >> My Review/AAR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI