Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Public Beta for Return of the Shakturi v1.5.0.10 now Available!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Public Beta for Return of the Shakturi v1.5.0.10 now Available! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Public Beta for Return of the Shakturi v1.5.0.10 now Av... - 5/5/2012 10:34:20 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi everyone,

We have a new public beta for Return of the Shakturi (this is NOT for customers who have Legends, or who are still playing the original Distant Worlds without the expansions). There is a new Beta version in the Members Club.

Please try it, if you are willing to work with a beta, and supply us with your feedback.

Change List

v1.5.0.10 Beta - May 5th, 2012

Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements

This release includes the bug fixes and performance improvements from Distant Worlds: Legends. There are too many to list individually, but this should be significant upgrade for Distant Worlds: Return of the Shakturi.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.
Post #: 1
RE: Public Beta for Return of the Shakturi v1.5.0.10 no... - 5/7/2012 9:03:59 AM   
Mowen

Thanks for this.

Any AI improvements from the bug fixes ?

< Message edited by Mowen -- 5/7/2012 9:27:09 AM >

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 2
RE: Public Beta for Return of the Shakturi v1.5.0.10 no... - 5/7/2012 2:02:45 PM   
Erik Rutins

Yes, some of the changes should help the AI, but it will not bring it up to the Legends level as the AI was completely overhauled for Legends. A large part of how the AI handles diplomacy, fleets and ships was completely rewritten and connected to some of the other improvements and changes in Legends. A lot of testing and tweaking to make sure the AI was working well with all the changes went into in Legends and the degree to which it is connected to some of the other new features means that we can't just move all that back.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 5/7/2012 2:03:25 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to Mowen)
Post #: 3
RE: Public Beta for Return of the Shakturi v1.5.0.10 no... - 5/8/2012 4:23:29 PM   
Setekh

Thanks for the update, Maybe one day I'll actually get around to buying the Legends expansion.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: Public Beta for Return of the Shakturi v1.5.0.10 no... - 5/9/2012 12:57:47 PM   
frugaldude

Thank you.

Will check it out this weekend.

(in reply to Setekh)
Post #: 5
RE: Public Beta for Return of the Shakturi v1.5.0.10 no... - 12/3/2012 3:56:55 PM   
Stelteck

Does this release fixed the "."/"," issue in config files for european users ?

(in reply to frugaldude)
Post #: 6
RE: Public Beta for Return of the Shakturi v1.5.0.10 no... - 12/3/2012 4:55:39 PM   
Gareth_Bryne

No, and Legends doesn't either. Like the font, it's a deep-programming problem. But you can switch your Windows settings much more easily.

"Only an idiot fights a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts," - Londo Mollari

(in reply to Stelteck)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Public Beta for Return of the Shakturi v1.5.0.10 now Available! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI