Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Great Game But Could Use a Few Graphic Updates

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> RE: Great Game But Could Use a Few Graphic Updates Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Great Game But Could Use a Few Graphic Updates - 5/14/2012 5:06:11 AM   
junk2drive

Hey Gary, good to see you around.

(in reply to GJK)
Post #: 31
RE: Great Game But Could Use a Few Graphic Updates - 5/14/2012 5:19:04 AM   
JFalk68

Great post Lebatron, I could not have said it better myself! +10!

You nailed it, escpecially with the 40% board tilt

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 32
RE: Great Game But Could Use a Few Graphic Updates - 5/14/2012 8:38:37 AM   
wodin

I do agree the way the IPad CoH looked was alot better (the fanmade one that one of the pics was taken from). Taken straight from the boardgame. I just think they tired todo what alot of people ask for and thats do 3D maps, as HPS sims and pretty much every 2D wargame always has the same comments, we want better graphics and 3D maps. So they went and did it.

A mistake I feel.

How the game plays on the fanmade IPAD game I'm not sure, though the UI seemed very well made and streamlined and took up very little space. It had no AI I believe, but design wise it looked spot on. Wonder if the developers here looked at it and thought it looked good or even better visually then their design. I'm not saying this design is bad, just possibly could have been done slightly differently and not tried todo the 3D aspect. Just be able to tilt the whole 2D map like the Ipad game would have still been great as you'd get to judge greater distances.

Obviuosly there where alot more resources to put into the game and maybe this is what got in the way. If they had little resource like the fanmade Ipad game then they'd have stuck to 2D and copied the boardgame look totally.

JFalk, thanks for the comment on the FB page. My new admin has become a huge asset! He runs the Historical wargame page aswell, which I highly recommend (get the link in the likes section).

< Message edited by wodin -- 5/14/2012 8:58:57 AM >

(in reply to JFalk68)
Post #: 33
RE: Great Game But Could Use a Few Graphic Updates - 5/14/2012 1:34:29 PM   
robc04_1

quote:

ORIGINAL: RockKahn

robc04. I toggle between Normal View and Top Down view all the time with the Change Camera button on the right. Is that what you mean?

I just meant that I usually play from a zoomed out view, using the wheel to zoom out, and occasionally zoom back in to get a closer look.

Because I play too much,
One Guy, Too Many Games

(in reply to RockKahn)
Post #: 34
RE: Great Game But Could Use a Few Graphic Updates - 5/15/2012 12:00:13 AM   
Erik Rutins

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lebatron
Without a doubt it helps sell more copies. But when we (those that prefer 2D maps) are left without the choice to have it the way we wanted it seems very unfair. I do not think we are a tiny percent. We may even be the majority.

How many tactical 3D computer wargames have unit counters and a top down 2D map mode? I think using "unfair" is a bit over the top. The play style you would like already exists, it's just not exactly as you might have done it yourself. You would prefer a purely 2D map from an aesthetic point of view rather than a 2D top down view of a 3D map because you prefer the way it looks. That's fine and fair enough, but the game as it is does give you a 2D view of the same map and allows you the 40 degree view angle that you prefer as well. We also made sure to get the same artists that work on the 2D maps for COH to make the 3D map textures for us to get as close a match as possible. A key goal during development and now after release has been to support the board game community and make this the ideal Conflict of Heroes adaptation for the computer. We're not just aiming at computer wargamers here, we very much want board gamers to feel at home.

We are listening to requests and adding to our wish list - our goal is to make everyone a very happy customer. We're listening and will do our best to improve the game based on your requests.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 5/15/2012 1:15:20 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to robc04_1)
Post #: 35
RE: Great Game But Could Use a Few Graphic Updates - 5/15/2012 9:33:18 AM   
Binko

Thanks Erik. I do believe that you guys are doing a great job of listening and I'm sure many improvements will follow. I've also seen you over on BoardgameGeek reaching out to the boardgame community and I approve.

This is the first computer wargame I've purchased in many years and I'm happy with the game and with my purchase. I just wanted to add my voice to those who would like improvements in the top-down view and the counters but I don't plan to harp on it.

Thanks much for the excellent communication and friendly discussions.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 36
RE: Great Game But Could Use a Few Graphic Updates - 5/15/2012 3:45:14 PM   
BodyBag

One of the selling points of the boardgame was the high quality of the counters and the great looking map.

In today's competitive market, it's not enough for a board- or videogame to have good gameplay, it has to look attractive too.
When you spend a lot of time playing a game, you want something that looks great, informative & realistic and contributes to immerse you in the subject matter.

I own "Storms of Steel" and are still impressed by the look of that game. I'm on the fence regarding your game though, but with some graphic improvements on the map and the 3D models, I am sure I'll be won over

We already know the gameplay is good, please make the graphics superior too...

< Message edited by BodyBag -- 5/15/2012 8:30:06 PM >

In politics, stupidity is not a handicap
Napoleon Bonaparte

(in reply to Binko)
Post #: 37
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> RE: Great Game But Could Use a Few Graphic Updates Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI