Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Russian command overload.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Russian command overload. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Russian command overload. - 5/21/2012 11:15:09 AM   
Blutch

Playing campaign as russian, I have to overload most of my front.
I read in a topic that Kursk Front cannot be use because it seems that it dissapears.

Could you confirm that ?

Otherwise how do you handle with russians fronts overload ?
Post #: 1
RE: Russian command overload. - 5/21/2012 11:47:37 AM   
Omat

Hello

The Karkhov MD will be renamed to Southern Ural MD and moved to the Ural. It does not dissapear.

At the beginning you can attach armies to the Military District, and after it moved east changing to Stavka or what ever you want for 0 admin points.

After it was moved east you can use the Southern Ural MD to attach units which you have created e.g. artillery Divisions or units which should stay as shells. So they are well supplied. When they have the necessary exp and moral lvl you can change the HQ and move them to the real “front”.

Hope it helps...

Omat

< Message edited by Omat -- 5/21/2012 11:48:34 AM >

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts."
Bertrand Russell

(in reply to Blutch)
Post #: 2
RE: Russian command overload. - 5/21/2012 1:06:24 PM   
76mm

It is probably easier to simply create armies directly subordinated to Stavka.

(in reply to Omat)
Post #: 3
RE: Russian command overload. - 5/21/2012 3:00:40 PM   
Blutch

With your advice , I will have "white" armies attach to Stavka between my fronts ?
I will not suffer penalities ?

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 4
RE: Russian command overload. - 5/21/2012 3:14:49 PM   
vlcz

You will suffer penalties to the "white army" units -so try to put them on or second lines or secondary frontline areas- but the ront overload is worst because not only it carries penalties for that army , but to every army in the front. Another reason is that you will eventually try to move the army to a non-overloaded front, and the ADMIN cost is avoided by having it stavka-dependant (or any M.D. dependant).

(in reply to Blutch)
Post #: 5
RE: Russian command overload. - 5/21/2012 3:35:09 PM   
76mm

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blutch
With your advice , I will have "white" armies attach to Stavka between my fronts ?
I will not suffer penalities ?

Yes, I usually have Stavka armies between fronts and in reserve. As new fronts are activated, they take over the Stavka armies on the front line.

You suffer penalties any way you do it, I think this way the penalties are less.

(in reply to Blutch)
Post #: 6
RE: Russian command overload. - 5/21/2012 4:31:26 PM   
Flaviusx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Blutch

Playing campaign as russian, I have to overload most of my front.
I read in a topic that Kursk Front cannot be use because it seems that it dissapears.

Could you confirm that ?

Otherwise how do you handle with russians fronts overload ?

It is even worse in the 1944 scenario.

The late war scenarios were designed before recent changes to command capacities and haven't been updated to reflect that. Caveat emptor. They're still playable, but it's a definite issue. I personally am extremely doubtful that these command changes make a lick of sense from a historical standpoint, because as can be clearly seen in the orders of battles of the two scenarios, the Soviets frequently blew right past what we now consider to be command limits in this game. 1. Ukrainian Front in the 1944 scenario is the poster boy for this problem.

Nevertheless, the Sovs are so strong in 1944 that it almost doesn't matter. In 1943, you'll be faced with a perpetual shortage of APs if you try to reconcile this command overload, it is a Sysephean task considering you need to be converting lots of rifle divisions into corps and stuffing those with attachments.

If it were up to me, I'd go back and jack up the command limits. Effectively this change amounts to an AP tax for the Soviets, as if they weren't already AP starved as is. It is one of the reasons I'm now wishing the game had a historical reinforcement schedule and got APs out of unit construction altogether. The current AP budget is just way too severely stressed with all the things piled on it.

WitE Alpha Tester

(in reply to Blutch)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Russian command overload. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI