Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map Making Help

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Map Making Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map Making Help - 11/29/2002 9:07:52 PM   
LPKreitz

Hi all,

I'm a little new to SPWAW, although not to wargaming in general, and I am in need of a Map Creation app so that I can convert some Advanced Squad Leader scenarios to SPWAW. All I need is blank (open) terrain maps 10 x 33 and 20 x 33 that I can edit with the SPWAW map editor. It seems these particular maps haven't been created yet. The maps included with 7.1 just aren't right. Either they are too big or they are configured the wrong way. I just need a free, small, creation tool to make 2 maps. Any one have any ideas?

Skip Kreitz
Post #: 1
- 11/29/2002 10:02:19 PM   
Resisti

Hi.
If you look into your Spwaw main folder, you¡¦ll find a folder named ¡§Chandla¡¨; inside you¡¦ll find some of the best spwaw tools around included the one named ¡§WawMap¡¨: this is what you¡¦re looking for!
With that you can resize any map with the exact desired dimensions, and much more, I assure you ļ
It involves a bit of studying, but it worth the effort.
There should be a tutorial with it, but I suggest you also to look for any post made on Matrix Forum by our esteemed colleague RokinHarry: in his signature, there¡¦s a link to a document he made, intended to help people understand the Chandla Map Editor. Are you lazy to search for a post from him: ok, look inside this thread ;)
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=28893

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

(in reply to LPKreitz)
Post #: 2
Thanks - 11/30/2002 5:34:35 PM   
LPKreitz

Thanks a lot. I had tried out the Map editor but didn't have any instructions and couldn't do much with it. I appreciate the link.

Skip

(in reply to LPKreitz)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Map Making Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI