Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Considering purchase - does it play well with HD widescreen?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Considering purchase - does it play well with HD widescreen? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Considering purchase - does it play well with HD widesc... - 5/29/2012 2:48:57 AM   
enhorning

I'm looking for a good operational wargame, and am considering TOAW 3.

However, I am concerned as a number of Matrix's other titles do not play well on a 1920x1080 widescreen monitor (e.g. the SSG games).

How does TOAW cope with HD resolution and widescreen? Does it support it natively, or will everything look stretched / blurred?

Oh, and while I am posting - does it have a good selection of smaller scenarios? I am not that keen on many hundreds / thousands of counters per side... I prefer smaller scenarios generally.
Post #: 1
RE: Considering purchase - does it play well with HD wi... - 5/29/2012 2:49:49 AM   
enhorning

Oh, and is it worth paying extra to get the printed manual? Where do they ship from? (I'm in the UK... so if they ship from the US, then Customs would add considerably to the cost.)

(in reply to enhorning)
Post #: 2
RE: Considering purchase - does it play well with HD wi... - 5/29/2012 9:53:02 AM   
Josh

24 inch here and crisp and clear, no problem at all.
And yes thankfully it supports a *massive* amount of smaller scenarios, more than you can play in your lifetime. Matter of fact these are the only ones I play cause the much larger ones make my mind go *poof* and gone.
I really love the larger ones, love the screenshots and the AAR's, just can't play them.
Printed manual, hmm, that's personal. I always buy the boxed versions of a game plus the manual. But the PDF file can be updated easily and be accessed during gameplay, so hmm it's nice to have one... not really necessary though.

Don't know where they're shipping from, I've received games from Germany and sometimes the UK/Ireland. Physical shipment is *always* more expensive for European customers, that's just the way it is. But hey if a game costs you 50€/pounds but gives many years of fun... I'd say that's money well spent. 

(in reply to enhorning)
Post #: 3
RE: Considering purchase - does it play well with HD wi... - 5/29/2012 1:46:01 PM   
sPzAbt653

TOAW comes with the manual in pdf form. That should be all you need. Its easy to search, and if you can't find something, ask here and someone usually gets back with an answer quickly.

(in reply to enhorning)
Post #: 4
RE: Considering purchase - does it play well with HD wi... - 5/29/2012 4:07:19 PM   
CapitanPiluso

I have a 1920 x 1080 monitor and everything looks good with no problems.
Bought the download version and 10 minutes later was just playing.

One cornerstone of maritimal warfare:
Keep yourself near the lifeboat.
(Capt.Piluso)

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Considering purchase - does it play well with HD widescreen? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI