Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Looking for a friendly,gentlemanly and long lasting game (CLOSED)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for a friendly,gentlemanly and long lasting game (CLOSED) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Looking for a friendly,gentlemanly and long lasting gam... - 5/28/2012 1:16:42 PM   
39battalion

About me : I have spent many,many happy hours playing this game vs. the AI (and lurking on this forum) and now feel ready for a PBEM game. Although this would be my first WITPAE PBEM game I am an experienced PBEM long campaign gamer in the Blitz wargaming club (as Kharkov). Some of my games have lasted for years. I like games played in a friendly and gentlemanly spirit and I am much more interested in enjoying the journey rather than attempting to break the game system to "win". As I enjoy the detail of this game and the numerous small challenges each turn presents I am not a quitter and fully intend to play out a long campaign to the end even if my strategic situation is dire. Any interruptions to gameplay caused by RL should be able to be amicably discussed and accepted. The key here is good communication and respect for your opponent. I can manage at least 5 turns per week.

The opponent I seek: I am looking for somebody who understands and identifies with what I am trying to say above . I am happy to play an inexperienced or intermediate opponent. Less than 5 turns per week would also be okay.

The campaign : Scenario 6 December 8 (as it removes the need for a plethora of first turn house rules). I am happy to play either side.

Turn rate : 2 day turns (as it moves the game along nicely and provides more uncertainty)

Suggested settings :

Fog of war = On
Advanced weather = Negotiable
Allied damage control = On
PDU = Negotiable
Historical first turn = On (although not sure how this works with December 8)
December 7 surprise = On ( ditto )
Reliable US torps = Off
Realistic R&D = On
No unit withdrawals = Negotiable
Reinforcement rate = Negotiable
Combat reports = On
Auto subs = Off
TF/aircraft move radius = Off (as it can be toggled during the game)
All facilities expand at start = Off
Accept air and ground replacements = On

House rules : My preference would be have very few. In fact I would be happy to have none as I think the latest version of the game is well balanced I would rather play the game in the spirit of sorting out any problematic issues by discussion if they come up. But,of course,I would be very happy to negotiate on house rules.

Apologies for this long winded post but I think it is important for potential opponents to understand where I am coming from.

Thank you for taking the time to consider this.

Pleas PM if interested.

< Message edited by 39battalion -- 5/31/2012 7:28:30 AM >
Post #: 1
RE: Looking for a friendly,gentlemanly and long lasting... - 5/28/2012 4:44:13 PM   
RogerJNeilson

A man after my own heart, sadly don't think I could fit another game in at present, but kudos to the way you have described how, IMHO, this game should be played.

Roger

An unplanned dynasty: Roger Neilson, Roger Neilson 11, Roger Neilson 3 previous posts 898+1515 + 1126 = 3539.....Finally completed my game which started the day WITP:AE was released

(in reply to 39battalion)
Post #: 2
RE: Looking for a friendly,gentlemanly and long lasting... - 5/28/2012 4:53:54 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Roger Neilson 3

A man after my own heart, sadly don't think I could fit another game in at present, but kudos to the way you have described how, IMHO, this game should be played.

Roger

Same here. Good luck!

(in reply to RogerJNeilson)
Post #: 3
RE: Looking for a friendly,gentlemanly and long lasting... - 5/29/2012 12:35:32 AM   
AW1Steve

Good luck...I'm currently with a full dance card. But where the hell were you a couple of weeks ago?!!!

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 4
RE: Looking for a friendly,gentlemanly and long lasting... - 5/29/2012 1:45:37 PM   
steverichmond

I am interested in your request for a friendly campaign. I have played smaller scenarios PBEM several years ago. I have only played the Campaign vs the AI. I consider myself to be an intermediate player. I would prefer to play as the Allies.

Steve

Post #: 5
RE: Looking for a friendly,gentlemanly and long lasting... - 5/29/2012 4:27:47 PM   
KPAX

Bill,

Sent you a PM and look forward to your response.

If this does not work, this is the way I will present my game. Nice post, Bill.

"War makes Heros on both sides." Hero (the movie)

Thanks !!

KPAX

(in reply to steverichmond)
Post #: 6
RE: Looking for a friendly,gentlemanly and long lasting... - 5/29/2012 7:42:58 PM   
khyberbill

I did not receive the PM, pls resend to billgreenman-at-hotmail.com.

thanks,
bill

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to KPAX)
Post #: 7
RE: Looking for a friendly,gentlemanly and long lasting... - 5/30/2012 3:40:58 AM   
39battalion

Thank you all for the supportive comments.

@Roger Neilson 3 :thank you for the kind comments. Too bad you can't fit another game in.

@witpqs : thanks for the support

@AW1Steve : let me know if a dance partner stumbles. And yeah timing is everything--I should have posted weeks ago.

@steverichmond : please PM me if you are still interested

@KPAX : thanks for the nice comment. I sent you a PM

@khyberbill : I sent you a PM today.

To anybody reading this : I have currently begun preliminary discussions with two people but nothing has been agreed yet so I consider this proposal to still be open. If interested please PM me asap. I will respond to all messages

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 8
RE: Looking for a friendly,gentlemanly and long lasting... - 5/31/2012 7:24:24 AM   
39battalion

This game is now taken !

Many thanks to all who responded. I sent you each a PM message.

It was tough selecting an opponent from so many suitable players.

The really good news is that it seems there are plenty of people out there interested in a friendly, gentlemanly game

Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Looking for a friendly,gentlemanly and long lasting game (CLOSED) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI