Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... Page: [1]
[Poll]

Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why...

I own the original boardgame, and had to have the computer version.
  25% (32)
I've heard good things about the boardgame, but prefer computer games.
  31% (40)
I play mainly World War Two computer games.
  10% (13)
I'm more into squad-level games than particular wars.
  11% (14)
If I hear a computer game -- of any sort -- is good I'll buy it.
  4% (6)
I was trying to send money to a Nigerian prince and made a mistake.
  17% (22)

Total Votes : 127

(last vote on : 1/2/2021 11:30:52 AM)
(Poll will run till: -- )
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 5/9/2012 12:33:53 AM   
Gil R.

It's always interesting to post poll threads that help us figure out who our customers are. So, both those of us who developed COH and some of you on the forum may find the results of this poll thread interesting.

Please choose the statement that best described why you have purchased computer-COH. (Note use of past tense, not future tense or subjunctive mood.)
Post #: 1
RE: Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 5/9/2012 12:38:03 AM   
parusski

Gil r., I just sent payment to Prince Asesimba. Can you tell me when I will get my game?

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 2
RE: Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 5/9/2012 8:58:32 AM   
Blind Sniper

Second one for me, to have a good reputation always pays

WitP-AE - WitE - CWII - BASPM - BaB

(in reply to parusski)
Post #: 3
RE: Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 5/11/2012 8:34:41 PM   
tgb

How about based on WCS's previous titles?

(in reply to Blind Sniper)
Post #: 4
RE: Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 5/11/2012 9:01:01 PM   
danlongman

Yeah...What tgb said. You are too modest. A couple of the choices could apply but WCS/Matrix were the clincher for this electronic platoon leader.
thank you and cheers
(Those Nigerian Princesses do NOT look like their pictures.)

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 5
RE: Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 5/11/2012 9:13:58 PM   
Gil R.

quote:

ORIGINAL: tgb

How about based on WCS's previous titles?

Dang! Did I of all people forget to subtly include that? Thanks for the correction.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 6
RE: Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 5/11/2012 10:02:40 PM   
tgb

Frankly, Gil, based on the feedback I would have gotten it anyway, but I really did buy it sight unseen (never played the board game) based on CoG and FoF.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 7
RE: Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 5/12/2012 9:56:36 AM   
michaelincol

me, too.

(in reply to tgb)
Post #: 8
RE: Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 5/14/2012 3:41:20 AM   
JFalk68

I voted for choice 2 "I've heard good things about the boardgame, but prefer computer games"

I would play board games more, but with a loaded work schedule and a group of wargamer friends that can be equally busy it's hard to get everyone together for a game. Boardgames ported to PC can scratch that itch if well done, you get the computer doing all the computations and rule enforcement plus you can do an online game in the lobby when its convienent to you

(in reply to michaelincol)
Post #: 9
RE: Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 5/14/2012 7:59:39 AM   
Pawsy

looking for shortish tactical games that you can play on line. I have enjoyed the game. Never played the board game but eastern front will always get my attention :-)

Want persistant campaigns, on line play, short tactical games. Steel Panthers was as close as I ve got

< Message edited by starbuck310 -- 5/14/2012 8:21:23 AM >

(in reply to JFalk68)
Post #: 10
RE: Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 5/14/2012 2:14:05 PM   
76mm

I've actually never heard of the boardgame and am not sure I'll care much for the computer version, but the reviews seem good, and most important, I buy almost every Russian Front game to encourage devs to publish them, so I bought this one over the weekend.

As mentioned in a different thread, this looks like a game that I'd be more likely to play on my iPad.

Also, next time you might want to add another choice to your poll: "I sm particularly interested in this theater of operations, etc." I did not buy this because it is WWII (Normandy, ho-hum) or because it is squad-level (modern combat, ho-hum).

< Message edited by 76mm -- 5/14/2012 3:00:12 PM >

(in reply to Pawsy)
Post #: 11
RE: Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 5/15/2012 2:28:26 AM   
junk2drive

I voted for number 4, squad battles, but really I bought it for several reasons. Number one is the 3D. I see a lot of posts from board gamers decrying the 3D aspect but that doesn't mean that everyone is a 2D gamer. I would not have bought this if it was just flat maps and counters.

(in reply to 76mm)
Post #: 12
RE: Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 5/31/2012 11:10:12 PM   
AlvinS

I have heard great things about the board game and wanted to give this a try. I may still buy the board game as I collect them.

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 13
RE: Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 7/15/2012 7:33:31 PM   
Skanvak

Because LnL : Heroes of Stalingrad is not out...

Best regards

Skanvak

(in reply to AlvinS)
Post #: 14
RE: Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 6/8/2013 8:21:53 AM   
FightingJuarez

Strange - guess I'm the first to post for reason #1. Bought the board game when it first came out in 2008 and also own SoS. Great game system, great design, but as JFalk68 posted, arranging f-t-f and finding the time is a real challenge. I am enjoying this computer version immensely as the scenarios are quick to play and I am learning many tactics which are honing my f-t-f skills due to frequency of play. This is a great port of a classic BG title. You guys really did a great job with this!

(in reply to Skanvak)
Post #: 15
RE: Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 1/9/2014 6:04:52 PM   
berto

How about the poll choice

• None of the Above

I suppose the choice

• If I hear a computer game -- of any sort -- is good I'll buy it.

comes closest, but not really. I hear about many "good" computer games, but I don't buy them "of any sort". I'm quite picky, in fact, and COH is my first war game purchase in the past year (the last one before COH being the entire Scourge of War series).

I purchased COH (and the GD expansion, both in the Matrix Holiday Sale) due mainly to the following:

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

COH you move like checkers, think like chess, roll dice and play a card. Nothing like Steel Panthers.

This had me intrigued. Despite my near utter lack of interest in East Front games, COH's game play sounded innovative (in a retro sort of way) ... so, on a hunch and a whim, I bought it.

Having now played through through the tutorials and the first Firefight scenario, I must say: so far, so good. COH is, for me, a refreshing "new" take on computer war games. So far, to my surprise, I am enjoying myself immensely. Good job, folks!

< Message edited by berto -- 1/9/2014 7:08:26 PM >

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
    Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
    Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to Gil R.)
  • Post #: 16
    RE: Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 5/28/2015 10:38:54 AM   
    zakblood

i might need to get all these now as i like there games and think why not, war, games, and a great developer, why not

(in reply to Gil R.)
    Post #: 17
    RE: Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... - 9/11/2017 11:09:59 AM   
    aaatoysandmore

It really is a one sided poll. You really didn't have any valid negative reasons only the one about the Prince of lala land. I found it boring and didn't like the Igo1unityougo1unit. Lose my train of thought playing like that.

But, the main reason I bought it was to support maybe you will make a great ancients game someday in the times of greek or roman history. I'm sort of sic of WWII remakes and copycats of the same theaters and same battles. Hopefully if you do make an ancients game it won't be igo1unityougo1unit.

(in reply to zakblood)
    Post #: 18
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Conflict of Heroes Series >> Why did I buy COH? Let me tell you why... Page: [1]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI