Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

How can I create this planning tool/map?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> How can I create this planning tool/map? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How can I create this planning tool/map? - 6/2/2012 2:28:11 AM   
Doctor Zaius

Here's what I want to do: (as a newbie still learning the game I am obsessed with RTM: Crossing the Border so I'll use it as an example).

From reading Guderian's Panzer Leader and Glantz's The Initial Period of War on the Eastern Front 22 June - August 1941 I know unit locations at various dates.

I want to create a series of dream-come-true maps showing the actual game pieces placed at different locations for different dates. In addition to the maps reflecting historical location of the units I'd like to create maps where I am considering sending the units elsewhere. These all will comprise a nice set of planning maps. I'd like to be able to accomplish this all with Existing game graphics, as opposed to notes on a hand-drawn map, etc.

I'd like to be able to do this within the game somehow, perhaps via the editor? Ideally I'd love to be able to drag and drop game pieces to a desired location (regardless of movement points) and then save the game or capture a screen shot as my planning map for that day - Then move the pieces and snap a pic for the next day, and so on.
I suppose I could try this in a gif editor perhaps (I would need the unit game pieces as gifs I suppose.

I'd like to believe this is possible, or given the mind-numbing expertise of this board already been done before. Can anyone share how they have done this, or have any thoughts? I am not yet at that stage where I can plan all tactical and strategic moves of dozens of units over 12 days all in my head.

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: How can I create this planning tool/map? - 6/2/2012 3:14:59 AM   
sPzAbt653

It sounds very complicated to do that.

Much easier to make notes on the map. To do this, start the scenario in hotseat mode, turn Movies 'On', hide all units if you want a blank map, end the turn, close the game. Go to the Saves folder and locate the file that is the Scenario Name followed ny 'u001'. That file is the Map jpeg, you can print out copies and make notes and plans on it. As an alternate, you can open that map in a program such as PhotoScape and use nice graphics to make notations.

Just my suggestion, others may have different ideas.

(in reply to Doctor Zaius)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> How can I create this planning tool/map? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI