Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 2:29:59 AM   
treespider

Deadcat!!!

Here's a link to:
Treespider's Grand Campaign of DBB

"It is not the critic who counts, .... The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena..." T. Roosevelt, Paris, 1910
Post #: 1
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 2:35:09 AM   
Commander Stormwolf

Sir, do you want to be buried, cremated, or turned into an airplane?

"No Enemy Survives Contact with the Plan" - Commander Stormwolf

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 2
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 2:36:55 AM   
wdolson

A bit macabre.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 3
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 2:49:38 AM   
cohimbra

I'm afraid he'll do the same with his grandmother.

drug abuse hurts the brain

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 4
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 3:14:16 AM   
NormS3

That may have been the best use for a cat I've encountered

Dad always said that cats and kids sucked. So I might be a bit biased.

Thanks for the smile Treespider!

(in reply to treespider)
Post #: 5
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 3:52:41 AM   
Nikademus

best use for a cat.....

PUNT!!!

(in reply to NormS3)
Post #: 6
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 4:42:17 AM   
Chickenboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: wdolson

A bit macabre.

Bill

"A bit"????

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 7
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 5:01:06 AM   
danlongman

Jeez my kat just died a couple of weeks ago. Why couldn't I have seen that before I disposed of the little bugger???
That is phreakin brilliant!
cheers

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 5:32:51 AM   
rockmedic109

Cats are great anti-burglar devices. If you have a burglar in your home and do not have time to get your gun, Pick up Tabby and throw him into the burglar's face. Either....

1. The burglar will duck, giving you the time needed to get your gun. Or....
2. Tabby will attach itself to the burglar's face causing him to run away....in which case, what have you lost?

(in reply to danlongman)
Post #: 9
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 6:26:26 AM   
danlongman

My dear deceased crowbait of a feline would have greeted the burglar and tried to lead him to the cat treats.
It will take me years to get the discarded kat hair out of this place. He was my friend but Kat-Jesus called him home.
meeow

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 10
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 9:17:58 AM   
PaxMondo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

A bit macabre.

Bill

"A bit"????

+1

Pax

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 11
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 10:23:21 AM   
Historiker

awesome!

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 12
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 10:42:57 AM   
zzodr

Hope someone does the same to that so called "artist" when he dies.
Can't be soon enough. The guy is a nimrod.

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 13
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 11:07:13 AM   
wdolson

The opinion here seems to be split right down the middle. I think in large part due to how you feel about cats.

I happen to have a fur covered barnacle/feline that follows me around the house. His favorite place to be is under foot.

I would never have a pet stuffed after they went. I find the idea sort of disturbing. It would be a constant reminder of what's gone which is the best part of having a pet: the personality, the life. Leave them rest in peace.

Bill

(in reply to zzodr)
Post #: 14
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 11:30:41 AM   
zzodr

Unfortunately man's often stupid and ignorant attitude toward cats goes back a long way - and to our detriment.

Cats and the Black Plague
http://suite101.com/article/cats-and-the-black-plague-a58146

Cat Heroes
Saving Lives, Helping the Disabled and Providing Therapy
http://suite101.com/article/cat-heroes-a54108

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 15
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 2:22:16 PM   
rockmedic109

quote:

The opinion here seems to be split right down the middle. I think in large part due to how you feel about cats.

I happen to have a fur covered barnacle/feline that follows me around the house. His favorite place to be is under foot.

I would never have a pet stuffed after they went. I find the idea sort of disturbing. It would be a constant reminder of what's gone which is the best part of having a pet: the personality, the life. Leave them rest in peace.

Bill

Don't get me wrong. I don't hate cats, I just prefer dogs. I would never stuff a pet. I might consider it briefly at 0400 when my cat wakes me up to be fed, so I take out my frustrations on said cat by cracking unwise at cats.

(in reply to wdolson)
Post #: 16
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 2:26:48 PM   
Historiker

It was already dead and he hadn't killed it for this use. So what's the matter what happenes to a corpse?
Turning it into a copter is bad, but taking the fur and hang it on the wall is kosher?

c'mon!

Without any doubt: I am the spawn of evil - and the Bavarian Beer Monster (BBM)!

There's only one bad word and that's taxes. If any other word is good enough for sailors; it's good enough for you. - Ron Swanson

(in reply to rockmedic109)
Post #: 17
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 2:50:09 PM   
ckammp

Sick, disgusting, and disrespectful. Very sad to see this considered "art".

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 18
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 3:12:06 PM   
JocMeister

Uhm, I´m no fan of cats at all but that just...sick?

(in reply to ckammp)
Post #: 19
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 3:25:14 PM   
Treetop64

I'd hate to see how this guy "copes" when something really serious happens.
Creepy.

(in reply to JocMeister)
Post #: 20
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 4:52:11 PM   
John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

A bit macabre.

Bill

"A bit"????

I'd lean towards sick and wrong.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 21
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 6:17:07 PM   
geofflambert

Why couldn't he have done that before the cat died? He could've chased the birds out of the trees.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 22
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 6:38:32 PM   
barkman44

So whats the matter what happens to a corpse??Like the dead marine in somalia I guess they were just doing a little urban street cleanup with him on the end of that rope!
I know cats are'nt human but i'd rather be around my 4 cats than 50% of the human beings I deal with every day
Like the old cook in the "undefeated"said"they bury their leavin's and clean up afterwards which is more than I can say for most of us"
That artist is SICK and so is the person who did the work for him.
quote:

ORIGINAL: Historiker

It was already dead and he hadn't killed it for this use. So what's the matter what happenes to a corpse?
Turning it into a copter is bad, but taking the fur and hang it on the wall is kosher?

c'mon!

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 23
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 8:51:23 PM   
danlongman

My kat kept waking me up and pantomiming "Timmy fell down a well!! Help Hurry!" then run to the kat treats.
I do not have a well and anybody I know named Timmy belongs down a well.
That comparison above is what is sick IMHO.
cheers

(in reply to barkman44)
Post #: 24
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 10:02:24 PM   
Historiker

quote:

ORIGINAL: barkorn45

So whats the matter what happens to a corpse??Like the dead marine in somalia I guess they were just doing a little urban street cleanup with him on the end of that rope!
I know cats are'nt human but i'd rather be around my 4 cats than 50% of the human beings I deal with every day
Like the old cook in the "undefeated"said"they bury their leavin's and clean up afterwards which is more than I can say for most of us"
That artist is SICK and so is the person who did the work for him.
quote:

c'mon!

I don't give a **** what happens to my body when I'm dead. I won't feel anything, I won't care at all. Hang the corpse from a bridge and let it rot, who cares? Take care of me as long as I am alive!

Why should I take it different with animals? We have pets as well, but to be attached to my animals is to them alive and to their memory, not to a corpse!

(in reply to barkman44)
Post #: 25
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/5/2012 11:03:38 PM   
wdolson

quote:

c'mon!

I wouldn't do that either.

As I said, we're split down the middle on whether this is cool or well gross. It says more about how we approach the world than anything else.

There was an OT thread here a while back on the Myers Briggs Type Indicator. One of the categories on that test is for how we go about making decisions. One way uses objective criteria, logic, dispassionate as possible. And the other uses more subjective criteria, values, and can weigh in how it affects the people (and even critters) involved.

It's not that the former is cold and unfeeling, and the latter wears their hearts on their sleeves (though it can be in extreme cases), and we all use both decision making techniques. The MBTI is about which is preferred and which has weigh when making a decision. All my decision making takes into account the former, but I prefer the latter a bit more. Hence I'm more in the "it's gross camp" on this one.

Other people are more dispassionate when it comes to critters. There is no judgement on a person's character one way or the other, it just is the way we are. As long as live critters don't suffer unnecessarily as a result of being too dispassionate, I can accept it.

Bringing this up before this thread turns into a flame war.

Bill

(in reply to Historiker)
Post #: 26
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/6/2012 1:00:13 AM   
agranel

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckammp

Sick, disgusting, and disrespectful. Very sad to see this considered "art".

Totally agreed.

(in reply to ckammp)
Post #: 27
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/6/2012 3:22:50 AM   
Commander Stormwolf

Seems to me that many in this world have more respect for the dead, than for the living

< Message edited by Commander Stormwolf -- 6/6/2012 3:23:13 AM >

"No Enemy Survives Contact with the Plan" - Commander Stormwolf

(in reply to agranel)
Post #: 28
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/6/2012 3:29:14 AM   
Chickenboy

I'm flexible with the way that people wish to pay homage to their deceased pets. Some owners opt for 'group cremation', some for private cremation whereby they get the ashes back. Some bury their pets, etc. etc. There are some companies that will take the ashes and make ornaments or jewelry or incorporate ashes into an outdoor marker. I've seen cenotaphs for companion animals too (e.g., horses) that are too large for burial. I've seen freeze dried pets or taxidermy mounted animals too. So long as it's respectful (and 'respect' is in the eye of the beholder), I don't have a problem with any of it. Some of the methods can be quite beautiful and useful for the healing process.

We have clay paw imprints and hair lockets from most of our pets that have passed on as a remembrance. I think these are tasteful and nice mementos.

Turning your dead cat into a helicopter is one I've never seen before. It's pretty extreme, I'm sure all would agree (hence the international press coverage). The article sounds like the guy-by all accounts-liked his cat and cared for it well while it was alive. So, while this *is* macabre, I'm not willing to put this guy in a rubber room for being insane. It's "out there", attention getting and, yes, macabre, but different strokes for different folks and all that.

I've had any number of cats with "substrate aversion" or behavioral issues that use urine-based methods of territorial marking or have poor litterbox hygeine. Perhaps this gentleman could incorporate tomcat urine into his routine?

Although "Predator" as an airborne weapons system has already been used, perhaps this AWACS (Airborne Whizzing and Claw System) could be weaponized with a store of aged tomcat urine? Now really-who wouldn't want to see Ahmadinejad get soaked by this contraption? Hell, I'd pay good money for that.

(in reply to agranel)
Post #: 29
RE: Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? - 6/6/2012 3:44:10 AM   
danlongman

If you get all dewy eyed about poor old fluffy and their ilk, when was the last time you saw a kat bury its tenant? They bury their poops if they aren't mad about something.
That bugger cost me 50 bux just to get rid of him without breaking the law. People who get too sensitive about animals
better be vegans. Maybe they ought to try working in a large semi-industrial pig barn. As a society we EAT most of the animals
we keep around. But first we fatten them up in pens before we kill 'em. A few kats and dawgs get to live in a house and get loved
by their people but the rest get ate. If I died and somebody turned me into a helicopter I would be the coolest soul in hell!!
The ramifications are thrilling!! Think of the SF story "The Ship Who Sang" what a beautiful love story that was!
soojan would tell you as long as you do not use sawdust from the petshop in your kitchen this is all good.
cheers

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Wildcat, Hellcat,...Deadcat? Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI