Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Op-Fire Bug with bunkers. . . .

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Op-Fire Bug with bunkers. . . . Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Op-Fire Bug with bunkers. . . . - 1/22/2001 8:58:00 AM   
appunk

Not sure whether or not this has been dealt with before, but I noticed that a problem of the original SP made it into version 4.5 of SPWAW. When you click to attack enemy units that are outside of the firing arc of a bunker, enemy units are able to opportunity fire, even though the bunker doesnt actually shoot or use any of it's shots. Using this bug I was able to get an adjacent computer infantry unit to exhaust its supply of grenades . . . . Perhaps the game engine doesnt allow the crosshairs to pop up only over targets that are in the firing arc of the bunker, but if it does, perhaps this should be considered. . . . Thanks. ------------------ "After a victory there are no enemies, only men."

Post #: 1
- 1/22/2001 9:17:00 AM   
USMCGrunt

I've noticed this too, but not just with bunkers. I've seen it happen with other types of units that have a shot remaining for a weapon that cannot hit the target. In one case it was a German sniper that had exhausted his rifle shots, but still had 2 grenade shots left. I mistakenly hit "F" to fire again and of course there was no shot, but the target returned op fire again. Also, another issue with the bunkers.... I'm not sure if this has been covered or not, but it would be nice to be able to see the viewing area of the bunker like you can with other units when you right click. Just a though. ------------------ USMCGrunt -When it absolutely, positively, has to be destroyed overnight.

USMCGrunt Then it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, 'ow's yer soul?" But it's "Thin red line of 'eroes" when the drums begin to roll! -Rudyard Kipling-

(in reply to appunk)
Post #: 2
- 1/25/2001 11:23:00 PM   
JTGEN

You can see the bunker vision when you right click. At least it shows in my games. What pisses me is than when you try to assault a tank for example but it does not do so, even with shots and ammo and suppression low, the opponent can shoot at you. Especially if the opponent have not seen you before that.

(in reply to appunk)
Post #: 3
- 1/26/2001 12:00:00 AM   
Larry Holt

quote:

Originally posted by JTGEN: You can see the bunker vision when you right click. At least it shows in my games. What pisses me is than when you try to assault a tank for example but it does not do so, even with shots and ammo and suppression low, the opponent can shoot at you. Especially if the opponent have not seen you before that.
While the unit may not actually make the assault, it starts to do so, then aborts its attack. This causes it to be noticed. It may be frustrating for you but it is realistic. ------------------ An old soldier but not yet a faded one. OK, maybe just a bit faded.

Never take counsel of your fears.

(in reply to appunk)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Op-Fire Bug with bunkers. . . . Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI