Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/1/2012 8:39:28 PM   
radic202

Has not worked yet but I am hoping it eventually will! ANy of you with grown children still living at home, if you havve any tricks up your sleeve, please share.................

[image][/image]

< Message edited by radic202 -- 7/1/2012 8:46:11 PM >

It is much harder to think about doing something than actually doing it!
Post #: 1
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/1/2012 9:57:38 PM   
invernomuto

LOL :)

(in reply to radic202)
Post #: 2
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/1/2012 10:48:29 PM   
ilovestrategy

My kid has no intention of leaving. Two days ago she told me that she'll be living with us a long time. *sigh*

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to invernomuto)
Post #: 3
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/2/2012 12:14:35 AM   
Phatguy

Start charging her full rent and for all the groceries......but put her on a curfew....works like a charm

your retort to whines: Its my house, my rules.Don't like it? Move out......

My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 4
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/2/2012 12:26:16 AM   
junk2drive

When our daughter Ali was around 19 we charged her $100 month rent just to keep her from wasting all her money. We intended to save it and give it to her later.

Our neighbor Jeff says to his son Rick, "Ali pays her parents $100 rent, you should pay us too." Rick replied, "If Ali jumps off a bridge, should I?"

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 5
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/2/2012 2:52:17 AM   
Phatguy

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

When our daughter Ali was around 19 we charged her $100 month rent just to keep her from wasting all her money. We intended to save it and give it to her later.

Our neighbor Jeff says to his son Rick, "Ali pays her parents $100 rent, you should pay us too." Rick replied, "If Ali jumps off a bridge, should I?"

Then tell your neighbor this: "You are right son, you are a male. Traditionally males make more than women. SO you owe us 150 a month. Pay up or hit the pavement"......

My life is complete. 1000 Matrix posts.....

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 6
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/2/2012 3:20:24 AM   
danlongman

Can't really help. My son left home right out of high school. TwentyFive now owns his own house and a new truck.
Daughter is twenty one, home for the summer and gone back to school in the city in September.
Got rid of my wife too, or to tell the truth, she got rid of me. That wasn't all that great. But I got a younger prettier one so its even.
cheers

"Patriotism: Your conviction that this country is superior to all other countries because you were born in it." - George Bernard Shaw

(in reply to Phatguy)
Post #: 7
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/2/2012 4:05:44 AM   
AgoriaSky

You can send your daughters to my house. I only charge that they perform home economics. 

(in reply to danlongman)
Post #: 8
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/2/2012 9:51:44 PM   
khyberbill

quote:

Can't really help. My son left home right out of high school. TwentyFive now owns his own house and a new truck.
Daughter is twenty one, home for the summer and gone back to school in the city in September.
Got rid of my wife too, or to tell the truth, she got rid of me. That wasn't all that great. But I got a younger prettier one so its even.
cheers

Basically the same here although my oldest doesnt have a truck but a grandson for me. The younger wife unit is actually nice to me. I wonder if I should be worried????

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to danlongman)
Post #: 9
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/2/2012 10:09:09 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: khyberbill

quote:

cheers

Basically the same here although my oldest doesnt have a truck but a grandson for me. The younger wife unit is actually nice to me. I wonder if I should be worried????

Only if you A: Have lots of money. B: She is the sole beneficiary of your life insurance.

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 10
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/2/2012 10:18:10 PM   
khyberbill

I am worth more to her alive then dead, lol. No life insurance. Heck, I will be dead.

"Its a dog eat dog world Sammy and I am wearing Milkbone underwear" -Norm.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 11
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/2/2012 10:23:19 PM   
Lützow

Hmm, I was 23 when I moved out of my childhood home. But frankly, I didn't consider it before meeting a girl to live with.

(in reply to khyberbill)
Post #: 12
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/3/2012 1:29:49 AM   
bairdlander2

quote:

ORIGINAL: junk2drive

My step father made me pay rent from the time I was 16 and told me when I move he would give it all back to me.When I was moved out and asked him for the rent money he told me to F off and the promised rent money was for all the food and other exspenses over the years.I promptly beat the sh**t out of him and havnt seen him or my mom since.

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 13
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/3/2012 2:50:23 AM   
jwarrenw13

I could not wait to leave home. My parents were good to me, but I was ready to go. I had two years of college but was tired of it. I enlisted in the Army. I was 19. I never lived at home again. Later I finished college and got my commission and finished my Army career as an officer. But those two years I served as an enlisted soldier before getting an ROTC scholarship are the best two years education I ever received. My wife was the same way. She married me when I was 20-year-old PFC. She was 19. We are still together 37 years later. I don't understand kids who want to stay home. Our daughter left at age.............19. Married and finishing college. we help them out and will until she finishes college. Her husband just started as a deputy sheriff. But both of them also wanted to get out on their own.

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 14
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/3/2012 6:13:39 AM   
histgamer

I moved out at 24. (I lived away from home during school) It was kind of my parents to allow me to stay without paying rent. Then again they probably were ok with it because I got a decent paying job right out of school and because they didn't charge me rent I was able to pay down almost 1/2 of my student loans in 1 and 1/2 years.

< Message edited by flanyboy -- 7/3/2012 6:14:45 AM >

(in reply to jwarrenw13)
Post #: 15
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/3/2012 5:21:28 PM   
fodder

It's simple, move yourself out and don't tell your children where you are going.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 16
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/3/2012 5:29:22 PM   
AgoriaSky

I would never charge usury to my children. They can remain at home as long as they wish. I expect help with chores & such but I wouldnt boot them out just so they can pad some greedy landlords pockets.

(in reply to fodder)
Post #: 17
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/3/2012 5:44:19 PM   
Hellcat 707 Hp

One week out of high school. I was out of the house, and never been back. Sinbad had a good idea on his stand up comedy show. Wait until your kid is at the dinner table. You and the old lady take of your clothes. Walk into the dinning room. Tell your kid you and the old lady ( slap the old lady on the ass). Need the dinning table to get your freak on.

(in reply to AgoriaSky)
Post #: 18
RE: Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! - 7/3/2012 6:26:14 PM   
Jim D Burns

I let my nephew stay with me after college until he could find a job, but the job never seemed to materialize. Finally I stopped buying food and told him he was responsible for the food and I’d cover the other bills. He voluntarily moved out within a month. You should have seen the look on his face every time I ate “his” food. LOL it was classic.

(in reply to Hellcat 707 Hp)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> Trying to get my Adult children to leave the house! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI