Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: I Want To Embrace This Game!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 6/25/2012 4:05:56 AM   
k9mike

+1....

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 31
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 6/27/2012 4:14:26 AM   
eggmansdaddy

Look, I do not mean to be a shrill voice here, but let's look at the evidence. This game engine has so much potential that if Matrix rounded up some artists to clean up the maps and terrain ( look at Order of War for beautiful maps and units) and let the engine developers add the sexy bell's and whistles, like destructible terrain and re-crewing weapons or moving ATG's, this could be one friggin' awesome series of games. But the key here is you have to spend money to make money...

I own a ton of World War 2 games and I love PCO, but it could be more, so much more and right now Matrix could own the Eastern Front. But let's face it, in Company of Heroes and Men of War you can re-crew weapons, pick up weapons and use them, lay mines if you're an engineer and do all kinds of way cool stuff that we talk about as wish list items? Why?

The other thing that's obvious is clearly the Slitherine titles appear to be garnering all the attention by this house. I am not saying that to be divisive, it just appears that way. Maybe it's good business, maybe not.

Now, let's talk about the patch. Be honest, why is it held up? You guys slammed out two beta patches and the official patch release "is close", so where is it?

< Message edited by eggmansdaddy -- 6/27/2012 4:17:14 AM >

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 32
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 6/27/2012 2:14:51 PM   
Mad Russian

This is a small company. Look where their presence on the forums are. That's where their attention is. It's pretty simple math. There are only so many employees and so many games. They can give attention to so many at a time. The rest get 'less'.

Simple mathematics.

Good Hunting.

MR

The most expensive thing in the world is free time.

Founder of HSG scenario design group for Combat Mission.
Panzer Command Ostfront Development Team.
Flashpoint Campaigns: Red Storm Development Team.

(in reply to eggmansdaddy)
Post #: 33
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 6/27/2012 2:55:33 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: eggmansdaddy
Now, let's talk about the patch. Be honest, why is it held up? You guys slammed out two beta patches and the official patch release "is close", so where is it?

When the can reaches the end of the road.

Post #: 34
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 6/28/2012 3:29:54 AM   
eggmansdaddy

Canned answer...

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 35
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 6/28/2012 4:07:22 AM   
Mad Russian

The only real answer is that the patch has been done for some time. You aren't waiting on us.

Good Hunting.

MR

Post #: 36
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 6/28/2012 6:25:01 PM   
eggmansdaddy

Yes, we know that the patch has been done for at least 8 weeks..but it gets released when it gets released....

I hear that we wait for the preparation of new "patch" YouTube videos....

Memo to Matrix....Word of mouth travels faster than viral video...how do you think videos go viral in the first place?

(in reply to Mad Russian)
Post #: 37
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 6/28/2012 6:30:44 PM   
k9mike

So what....Now we have to wait for a video to be made before they release it? I think the few here that have been waiting know what to do...lol.

Post #: 38
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 6/28/2012 9:31:08 PM   
rickier65

I'm not aware of any wait for a new Video.

Thanks
rick

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 39
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 6/28/2012 10:19:08 PM   
wodin

quote:

Does all this mean the new patch isn't out yet?

I suspect that this game will be allowed to die a slow death by the powers that be...although you would think that with CMN now focusing on Italy, specifically Sicily, Matrix would recognize a window of opportunity to hurry up with the next installment and OWN the Eastern Front, A HUGE AREA OF INTEREST FOR WORLD WAR 2 GAMERS.

CM Eastfront out within the year. PCO have missed the boat now I think.

I imagine the new Close Combat game is where all the resources are going to go.

If PCO had dramatically improved Inf I'd have bought into it. As is I'm waiting on CMEF. Plus we have APOS.

Post #: 40
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 6/29/2012 3:32:02 AM   
bigus

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin
CM Eastfront out within the year. PCO have missed the boat now I think.

Who cares.
I for one won't continue to pay for addon mods from the other company. It used to be that the community mods were free. ARMA has gone this way to. I don't see the marketing value in it. I also feel that paying $5.00 for a Vista update was a F%$#^ng ripoff!
I for one will not support the other game. period.
I'm happy to support this game and think it has potential.

Just me!?

(in reply to wodin)
Post #: 41
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 6/29/2012 4:31:04 AM   
Mad Russian

+1

Good Hunting.

MR

(in reply to bigus)
Post #: 42
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 6/29/2012 6:05:28 AM   
Ratzki

+1

Post #: 43
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 6/29/2012 7:47:29 PM   
k9mike

I am patient and will wait, because I like the game...But, if it has been done for awhile I cant see what is so hard about making it available already. This is too good a game to be left to the wayside...

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 44
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/4/2012 2:43:21 AM   
eggmansdaddy

quote:

ORIGINAL: k9mike

I am patient and will wait, because I like the game...But, if it has been done for awhile I cant see what is so hard about making it available already. This is too good a game to be left to the wayside...

K9mike-

No, this is too good a game engine to be left by the wayside...

Memo to Matrix:

Why don't you hire the artists from Theater of War 3 and marry the new graphics to your way cool game engine...eye candy graphics with a superior game engine...you win...

I am available to run your house if the offer is good enough...

Love,

Eggmansdaddy...

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 45
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/4/2012 2:45:59 AM   
eggmansdaddy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rick

Thanks
rick

So if the patch is done and we are not waiting for a video, why the hold up? Seriously Rick, the patch is where???

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 46
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/4/2012 2:59:36 AM   
rickier65

quote:

quote:

Thanks
rick

So if the patch is done and we are not waiting for a video, why the hold up? Seriously Rick, the patch is where???

All I can say is that it should be ready any day now. I think the folks at Matrix have a lot on their plate right now, but I know they are working on getting this patch ready for release.

Thanks
rick

Post #: 47
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/4/2012 10:06:10 AM   
JMass

quote:

Memo to Matrix:

Why don't you hire the artists from Theater of War 3 and marry the new graphics to your way cool game engine...eye candy graphics with a superior game engine...you win...

In this case then far better to join the APOS team, their graphics are far better than Theater of War

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

Post #: 48
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/4/2012 3:11:25 PM   
Mad Russian

quote:

All I can say is that it should be ready any day now. I think the folks at Matrix have a lot on their plate right now, but I know they are working on getting this patch ready for release.

Thanks
rick

Rick, the truth is no attention by Matrix means no attention. There hasn't been anyone from Matrix in here in months. The patch has been ready for months.

No Attention = No Attention.

And everybody knows it. That's why they voice their concern over 'No Attention'.

Good Hunting.

MR

< Message edited by Mad Russian -- 7/4/2012 3:12:12 PM >

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 49
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/4/2012 3:32:37 PM   
eggmansdaddy

quote:

ORIGINAL: JMass

quote:

Memo to Matrix:

In this case then far better to join the APOS team, their graphics are far better than Theater of War

JMASS

Not familiar with the APOS graphics, but will take your word for it!

(in reply to JMass)
Post #: 50
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/4/2012 3:38:52 PM   
JMass

quote:

Not familiar with the APOS graphics, but will take your word for it!

Here is a lot of nice screenshots: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3080753

< Message edited by JMass -- 7/4/2012 3:39:29 PM >

"Klotzen, nicht Kleckern!"Generaloberst Heinz Wilhelm Guderian

My boardgames collection: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/JMass?own=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

Post #: 51
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/4/2012 4:38:09 PM   
Mobius

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mad Russian

quote:

Thanks
rick

Rick, the truth is no attention by Matrix means no attention. There hasn't been anyone from Matrix in here in months. The patch has been ready for months.
So I probably have a little time (hopefully not an eternity) to tweak some game data?

Post #: 52
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/4/2012 6:19:38 PM   
eggmansdaddy

quote:

quote:

Thanks
rick

And everybody knows it. That's why they voice their concern over 'No Attention'.

Good Hunting.

MR

Ditto on what MR is saying. We ask for answers and we get inattention. Inattention is an answer of sorts. First, it says that customer opinions are not important and the customer doesn't matter. From there, it extrapolates out to we are killing this game by doing nothing.

PCO had the unfortunate luck to be released about the same time as CMBN. Okay, maybe the sales number aren't going through the roof, but the strengths of this engine are evident. It is unfortunate that no one at Matrix has either the level of empowerment or the intestinal fortitude to answer their customers queries. If the patch is done, release it. Excuse me, if the patch is done, please release it.

There, I said "please"...and I mean it...

eggmansdaddy

Post #: 53
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/4/2012 9:33:19 PM   
k9mike

I am fine with the graphics and game engine of PCO...It works good on my system.(run an Alienware laptop)...I am not a fan of APOS....too clunky, and it runs like crap on my machine. I dont need alot of eye candy...Just a game that looks decent, has good content, is accurate and WORKS. We need new content(maps for MP) and get the damn patch already. I want to play this game. I like it!!! Get it!!! Geez....

Post #: 54
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/5/2012 1:08:59 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mobius

quote:

quote:

Thanks
rick

So I probably have a little time (hopefully not an eternity) to tweak some game data?

I doubt very much if you have time Mobius. (of course I've said that before).

thanks,
Rick

(in reply to Mobius)
Post #: 55
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/5/2012 1:19:06 AM   
rickier65

quote:

quote:

Thanks
rick

Good Hunting.

MR

I can certainly appreciate the comments from some of you that Matrix has given this game no attention. While it's true that they have not posted comments here in the public forum, they have been putting some resources toward the game. I know that Erik went back to the last programmer just last week for some additional work that was needed.

Thanks
rick

Post #: 56
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/5/2012 2:00:01 AM   
k9mike

Thats cool Rick...But, why not give some input...it would only take a sec...and they could atleast give us some information on whats going on/progress....

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 57
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/5/2012 3:39:13 AM   
Ratzki

I think that most of us just want to feel that they are being heard. Mature people will understand if some things get delayed or cancelled altogether, but to be lead by a carrot on a string and never getting the carrot,... that's another thing. I want this game series to be the envy of all and can see this actually happening but it feels like we are being forgotten along with this excellent product. Maybe I am just a bit sensitive...

(in reply to k9mike)
Post #: 58
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/5/2012 4:04:52 AM   
rickier65

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ratzki

I think that most of us just want to feel that they are being heard. Mature people will understand if some things get delayed or cancelled altogether, but to be lead by a carrot on a string and never getting the carrot,... that's another thing. I want this game series to be the envy of all and can see this actually happening but it feels like we are being forgotten along with this excellent product. Maybe I am just a bit sensitive...

I can assure you the Patch hasn't been cancelled. But it certainly has been delayed. Hopefully the delay will be over very soon. Maybe after the holiday, someone from Matrix will stop by and post a message.

And I really do understand the the frustration that everyone has expressed.

thanks
rick

(in reply to Ratzki)
Post #: 59
RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! - 7/5/2012 4:24:59 AM   
k9mike

Thanks Rick...I know you atleast are here...;)

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> RE: I Want To Embrace This Game! Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI