Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Buildings

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Buildings Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Buildings - 7/6/2012 4:54:12 PM   
Crender

Sorry if this has been asked before, but can squads enter and defend buildings? I've tried the demo and like the look of what I see, but cannot for the life of me get a unit to go into a building.

Post #: 1
RE: Buildings - 7/6/2012 5:22:06 PM   
budd

Yes they can, cool as hell to see grenades thrown at tanks from buildings. Use the defend command and click building they should in. Read Redmarkus thread about how to play the game lots of good stuff in there, including entering buildings. Enjoy.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Crender)
Post #: 2
RE: Buildings - 7/6/2012 5:23:56 PM   
Dane49

Use the defense or hide command and most if not all will enter the surrounding buildings.The buildings though are death traps if the enemy has artillery assets.Also,I had a Russian squad defending a building,and a German APC rammed the corner of the building,causing the building to collapse on my squad ,killing them all

< Message edited by Dane49 -- 8/22/2012 10:09:15 AM >

(in reply to Crender)
Post #: 3
RE: Buildings - 7/6/2012 6:31:43 PM   
budd

My troops blew off a tank track with a grenade from a building causing it to drive into building crushing it and them.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 4
RE: Buildings - 7/7/2012 11:05:25 AM   
Crender

Thanks for the replies. Time to fire up the demo and give this another go. I will try the Redmarkus tutorials as well

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 5
RE: Buildings - 7/7/2012 2:30:53 PM   
wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dane49

Use the defense or hide command.The buildings are death traps if the enemy has artillery assets.Also,I had a Russian squad defending a building,and a German APC rammed the corner of the building,causing the building to collapse on my squad ,killing them all

Never at the start of a scenario put your troops in set up to defend around buildings (they will suddenly be in the building once game starts). Reason for this as if it's a main town\village it's likely the enemy will arty the place very quickly. If I want my troops to defend there I keep them abit back, wait abit (usually the Arty will start to fall) once any Arty is over move them up to defend. See it like the old tactic of pulling back while the arty falls then moving back in after it finishes.

Big buildings are great places to defend a inf assault, place a couple of HMG's in there aswell. I've lost sometimes upto a whole platoon trying to assault a well defended big building. AT the end I checked the statistics and one enemy HMG had taken out 20 of my men alone, all around the building.

< Message edited by wodin -- 7/7/2012 2:32:53 PM >

(in reply to Dane49)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Buildings Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI