Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Changing of the Guard

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Changing of the Guard Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Changing of the Guard - 12/4/2002 6:19:16 AM   
Wild Bill

Nothing is forever in this life. There comes a time when the "mantle" is passed from one to another.

This is also true in this magnificent hobby of wargaming. Over 14 years ago I entered this world. From many years of incessant board gaming, I became enthralled with the possibilities of the same experience but now with a computer.

Over five years ago, I began a group called "Wild Bill's Raiders." From small beginnings and with the help of David Heath and a host of individuals who rallied to the call, the Raider Team has grown to more than 30 individuals in support of four top-notch wargames.

The Raiders have been (and will continue to be) involved in the development of some eight wargames and produced hundreds of scenarios, campaigns and maps for these games.

The Raider organization is solid. We have some of the best wargamers in the world playing an active role as Raiders.

But now the time has come for me to step down from the administrative aspects of the group as the original and current leader. Thus I am advising you that Mr. Neil Stalker, an experienced gamer, top-notch historical writer and webpage guru to take over that position. As of this note, official command of the Wild Bill's Raiders passes to Neil.

I congratulate Neil for taking this most serious post. His credentials and skills are beyond question. I have not the slightest doubt but that Neil will do a great job in keeping the Raider standard of excellence alive and well.

Let it be known that I am not leaving the gaming community! That is important!

I will continue as Senior Advisor to the Raiders. But age, time and health require that I step down from the position I have loved so much.

Finally, I want to say thank you. Thanks to all the gamers who have offered constructive criticism, who have stood with me in the crunch and who have steadfastly supported our efforts. You folks have made the thousands of hours invested in this effort more than worthwhile.

And to my Raiders, what can I say? If there was ever a team effort, this has been one. From each team captain to every Raider who has ever served, you have my eternal gratitude.

The Raiders will go on. By unanimous vote, the name "Wild Bill's Raiders" will continue. For that honor I am grateful. Look for bigger and better things from this Raider Team in the months to come.

Of course, I'm still around, just taking it a little slower. I'm accessible as I have always been to each and everyone of you.

Raiders Up!
"In Arduis Fidelis" - Faithful in Adversity

Wild Bill Wilder

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 12/4/2002 6:07:01 PM   
slyone

Wild Bill,

Though, I am just discovering SPWAW and the community around it since not long ago, I can see that You and Your Riders have done a marvelous job. For this, you have my best regard, admiration and all the honors.

I wish you all the best. Please stay in touch because the recruits like me will always need your support. "May the force be with you". :)

Thanks.

Panzerschütze Altmann
Panzer 623
Pz.Abt. II
1. Panzer Regiment

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 12/4/2002 7:54:13 PM   
Warrior

Neil has my congratulations and complete support, he's a great guy. And I'm glad to hear you're not leaving the scene.

Retreat is NOT an option.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 12/4/2002 11:52:46 PM   
wulfir

An end is also a begining.

Shouldering the 'command' of the Raiders will be to fill some pretty big shoes. :)

Semper In Primis

Semper in Primis

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 12/5/2002 11:31:43 PM   
CatLord

Many many congratulations for all your works,
and still many many happy years of wargaming !

:cool:

Cat

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 12/6/2002 3:56:52 AM   
fontenoy

Thank you Bill.
Your work on this game and this board will be the standard against which all subsequent efforts will be measured.
I can think of no tribute more fitting than that.
Nor can I think of anyone more deserving.
From my experience of the Raider's web-site,I think you have left things in some very capable hands.
I also appreciate the time you took to reply to my suggestions for scenarios and campaigns.Never once did I feel I was being patronized.Believe me,that kind of response has driven me away from other boards.
Again Bill,thank you.
I salute you sir.
Respectfully,
Fontenoy.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
- 12/6/2002 9:40:46 AM   
tracer

Best of luck Bill, and thanks. Come to think of it, I actually found this forum from a link on the WBR page sometime 'last century':D

Jim NSB

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 7
Thank You - 12/7/2002 7:12:07 AM   
ThomasBELL123

You were there for me when I first started and I appreciate that.

When your feeling up to it, lets get it on.

Thanks Again.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 8
I'll miss you, Bill - 12/7/2002 7:54:12 AM   
KG Erwin

You always answered a player's question, and you were always gracious. I'll always treasure the one time I got to speak to you on the phone--my daughter demanded my attention, so we had to cut our conversation short--she's a precocious six-year old now, and she's developing into a strong-willed little lady--I'll miss your sense of dignity, and your profound knowledge of what makes a game work. I'm grateful that you supported my ill-fated attempt for a Matrix fan meeting, and I'm proud to have known you, even if only for a moment, and I wish for you all the happiness you so abundantly deserve. Glenn.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 9
- 12/10/2002 12:15:35 AM   
Wild Bill

Gentlemen, gentlemen!

I'm overwhelmed by your kindness! Thank you all. You know, there seems to be a little story that I associate with the name of so many of you.

Personal contacts and dreams that we've shared, whether they came true or not (such as the planned convention-Thanks Glenn, for you efforts) have made the gaming experience much richer!

So you all have a fond niche in my heart and your words indeed make all the work worthwhile. Thank you again.

Doing some new scenarios for SPWAW. They'll be appearing on the Raider HQ site, Redleg's Dirty Dozen and The Arsenal. Get into the fighting in the CBI, a little known and much maligned theater of war.

They'll be out very soon!

Happy Holidays to you all.

Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Scenarios/Campaigns >> Changing of the Guard Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI