Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

UtR

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> UtR Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
UtR - 1/23/2001 4:05:00 AM   
Hauptmann6

Bill, I must give you credit for the campain, I am 13 turns into the first battle and I don't think I am going to be taking the town anytime soon, but I am kicking the snot out of the German army. My core is 1 infantry company 2 sections of 76 Shermans 1 section of M16s 1 section of SP 155s 1 INF AT unit 2 snipers 1 section of 57mm AT guns with movers 1 FO Will let you know how I do Haupt

Post #: 1
- 1/23/2001 4:20:00 AM   
LeibstandartePzD

You will find that the surprises in this campaign are only just beginning. You will find this one of the best campaigns ever made. It will force you to move and fight in a cautious way because you never know what's behind the next tree or ridgeline. I also recommend the other campaigns made by Wild Bill. You will find them enjoyable and difficult as well. ------------------ Former member of the 8th US cavalry and a grandson of a Leibstandarte tanker. Former name on these boards was Leibstandarte.

Respectfully,
Jason E. Otto
Former member of the 8th US Cavalry and a grandson of a Leibstandarte tanker.

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of speech

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 2
- 1/23/2001 4:25:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Thanks to both of you, my friends. It is one I enjoyed immensely doing. It was a four month effort with one of the best testing groups I have ever worked with. I loved it then and I still do. I've played my way through it twice and hope to do so again. Spoiler.....See below . . . . . . . . . The town can be yours, but your tactics are correct. Make sure you whittle down the enemy so that resistance in the town itself will be minimal. I could say more, but why spoil it for you . Show the enemy no mercy. He is not about to show you any! And thanks for the endorsement, Troop! Wild Bill ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 3
- 1/23/2001 4:30:00 AM   
BlitzSS

I don't mind worring about what is in front of me, it is when stuff starts popping out from all over the place that kind of gets me excited.

"Nuts"

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 4
- 1/23/2001 9:23:00 PM   
Hauptmann6

EXTREME TACTICS SPOILERS!!! Here is how I am running the battle. I started 1plt of shermans, the engineers, the AT guns, inf AT plt and 1 rifle plt on the top entrance road and moved them into the larger town pushing the Shermans on to help out the Para's. The rest I deployed on entrance #2 slowly pushing towards the town I had just taken the vic hex when I met some resistance in the form of an ambush that didn't work(you know the one Bill) it was quicky disbatched by the M16s(EVIL GRIN) I stopped the shemans in a copse of trees when I received rifle fire from the village and prepared a defensive front. Will leave it at that. The para's stayed where they where and survived a combined arms assault and 2 determined armored assaults with minimal losses while the bazookas roached many of the panzers. 7 more turns to go... Haupt

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 5
- 1/25/2001 10:05:00 PM   
Hauptmann6

Well, I pulled it off with a draw... uhg... I was 1 turn short of the city..

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 6
- 1/26/2001 12:35:00 AM   
David F. Wall

I only managed to take Ste. Mere Eglise by getting some help from some Rangers, and even then it was a near thing. I'm eight battles into it, and the only major victory I've managed so far was at Carentan. I'm busy trying to bag the Germans in Paris right now, and I'm already out 50% of my core armor. The fight in the bocage was a disaster, and I only got out of the one after it because I had a U.S. platoon get unbelievably lucky when the Germans tried to overrun their position. Not for the faint-hearted. DFW

(in reply to Hauptmann6)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> UtR Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI