Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Whats up?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Whats up? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Whats up? - 7/8/2012 11:27:58 AM   
Vic

Just a quick word to the ATG players!

I am getting close to finishing Decisive Campaigns : Case Blue.
I expect to have to do quite a lot of post-release care for this product as it is a pretty complex game.
But time will come available to do some upgrades and patches for Decisive Campaigns : Warsaw to Paris as well as Advanced Tactics Gold.

I am planning to spent some more time on doing some patches for ATG in the future. Especially on the front of improving the random games generator and probably i'll also try-out some new functionality concerning research.

I have not forgotten about this game :)

Best regards,
Vic

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

Post #: 1
RE: Whats up? - 7/8/2012 3:38:42 PM   
johnnyrey

Vic, just wanted to say thanks again for answering all of my pesky questions =)

I'm about to purchase ATG and will be buying Case Blue as well =)

Thanks,

John

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 2
RE: Whats up? - 7/8/2012 4:28:31 PM   
budd

Thx Vic,

Good to know as ATG will be a game on my hardrive for a long time and i will keep going back to it.
I also will be buying Case Blue.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Be Yourself; Everyone else is already taken" ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

(in reply to johnnyrey)
Post #: 3
RE: Whats up? - 7/9/2012 2:25:26 AM   
Meanfcker

Cheers to Vic. I will buy case blue just becuase I feel you deserve to get paid for all of this fine work.
My comp can run any game in the world but I pretty much only play this one.
Vic, I respectfully ask that you take another look at creating some kind of AAR. I am not a fancy shmancy
programmer, so correct me if I am wrong but there is already a step by step review mechanism in place.
I can go in at start of turn and review everything done by myself and other players. Would it be possible to save these and to run consecutively at end of game? That would be more than enough to buy my vote if you decide to run for President of the world or something like that. We are into several games right now that may approach a year in duration, sure would be nice to savour such a victory, or have data to study for indentifying deficiencies in planning in case of defeat.\
Most respectfully
Paul, aka Meanfcker

< Message edited by Meanfcker -- 7/9/2012 2:26:32 AM >

(in reply to budd)
Post #: 4
RE: Whats up? - 7/9/2012 5:11:40 AM   
Philo32b

Thanks for a great game! The Out of Eight review steered me to your Advanced Tactics, and I am glad it did. This is a very fun game!

As you will be working on it again (and kudos to you for continuing to develop the game!), I would like to suggest two things: first, some kind of big deal when you take the capital of another nation. Maybe all the forces get a -20% combat adjustment after that. Something to make it a war objective in its own right, other than just being another city.

Second, some kind of production view that totals all the units under production in all the cities, rather than making the player count them up between cities. Sometimes I would prefer to see it this way, to know how many light tanks I'm creating next turn, regardless of which city is producing them.

These are very minor things. The game is great! Thank you!

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 5
RE: Whats up? - 7/9/2012 5:27:41 PM   
Tac2i

Woot! Also, wishing you great success with Case Blue!

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

...improving the random games generator

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 6
RE: Whats up? - 7/9/2012 9:57:44 PM   
Josh

quote:

ORIGINAL: Philo32b

Thanks for a great game! The Out of Eight review steered me to your Advanced Tactics, and I am glad it did. This is a very fun game!

As you will be working on it again (and kudos to you for continuing to develop the game!), I would like to suggest two things: first, some kind of big deal when you take the capital of another nation. Maybe all the forces get a -20% combat adjustment after that. Something to make it a war objective in its own right, other than just being another city.

Second, some kind of production view that totals all the units under production in all the cities, rather than making the player count them up between cities. Sometimes I would prefer to see it this way, to know how many light tanks I'm creating next turn, regardless of which city is producing them.

These are very minor things. The game is great! Thank you!

I maybe wrong but that's already there. When you click on the "production" button, the things you produce in your cities appear... but then you can specify that view by clicking on production per HQ. It's in the upper right corner of that production screen. It's selectable by "all HQ's" so everything you produce is totalled... or you can click on any HQ you want, giving you the specifics of the production you've allocated to that specific HQ.
I tend to give my Supreme HQ the most stuff so selecting that one already gives me almost the total of everything I produce, sometimes lesser subordinate HQ's get some production too... so to get their total I can click on that HQ.
Easy peasy see?

(in reply to Philo32b)
Post #: 7
RE: Whats up? - 7/10/2012 3:47:13 AM   
Philo32b

Hey, thanks for pointing that out! That's great to know. I should explore the game more before I open my big mouth. :)

(in reply to Josh)
Post #: 8
RE: Whats up? - 7/11/2012 9:44:09 PM   
Arditi

Awesome!

Semper Fi
www.ironlegions.weebly.com
author of: Italy At War: Uniforms, Weapons,
Equipment and Ephemera

Released!
Japan At War: Uniforms, Weapons,
Equipment and Ephemera

(in reply to Philo32b)
Post #: 9
RE: Whats up? - 7/14/2012 2:00:23 PM   
mbar

quote:

Cheers to Vic. I will buy case blue just becuase I feel you deserve to get paid for all of this fine work.

Me too. I'm very fond of the ATG game and enjoy seeing the work and detail of WtP. I'm looking forward to Monday and Case Blues release!!

I'm happy to support this fine work!!!

(in reply to Meanfcker)
Post #: 10
RE: Whats up? - 7/16/2012 10:44:46 PM   
GunnyJarhead

Hey Guys, New to the forums but have been playing around with the game for a couple of years now. Love it and like everyone else have many of my own ideas as to what should be included..but to each his own...and from Vic to all!  Just wanted to say Thanks to Vic for working on the random map generator (and the game as a whole). I am pretty much a solo player and have a fetish for maps and map making. Cant wait to see some improvements on the Generator.

Some people are still alive only because it is illegal to kill them.

(in reply to mbar)
Post #: 11
RE: Whats up? - 7/23/2012 8:10:11 PM   
jnpoint

quote:

ORIGINAL: Vic

Just a quick word to the ATG players!

I am getting close to finishing Decisive Campaigns : Case Blue.
I expect to have to do quite a lot of post-release care for this product as it is a pretty complex game.
But time will come available to do some upgrades and patches for Decisive Campaigns : Warsaw to Paris as well as Advanced Tactics Gold.

I am planning to spent some more time on doing some patches for ATG in the future. Especially on the front of improving the random games generator and probably i'll also try-out some new functionality concerning research.

I have not forgotten about this game :)

Best regards,
Vic

This is good news!!!

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 12
RE: Whats up? - 7/31/2012 5:17:59 PM   
Vic

Good to see people still playing ATG!

I think i just wrapped up a patch for DC1 and DC2... give me some days of holiday and yes i'll start on the to-do list of ATG.

Dont expect miracles, since i cannot assign allot of time, but I hope to make some small improvements and also experiment with some new features (that have been turned off so far due to lack of development time).

best,
Vic

< Message edited by Vic -- 7/31/2012 5:18:14 PM >

Visit www.vrdesigns.net for the latest news, polls, screenshots and blogs on Shadow Empire, Decisive Campaigns and Advanced Tactics

(in reply to jnpoint)
Post #: 13
RE: Whats up? - 8/6/2012 7:10:34 AM   
harley9699

Still playing? You were kidding, right? You can't stop playing one of the best games ever built, just because you run out of......oh, wait, you can't run out scenarios (options, force builds,etc)....can you say Random Map Generator?
We still play it, but just until we run through all of the.......wait, nevermind.

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 14
RE: Whats up? - 8/7/2012 2:48:12 AM   
Arditi

How about research facilities? ...or being able to place(pick up and place) a "guerilla" counter on another enemy continent(within) their lands for added game play. ... or spending pp's for spying on a an area. ..or being able to give "hardware/tech" to a non-ally to add to diplomacy. I play your great design daily my friend.
Best, Arditi

Semper Fi
www.ironlegions.weebly.com
author of: Italy At War: Uniforms, Weapons,
Equipment and Ephemera

Released!
Japan At War: Uniforms, Weapons,
Equipment and Ephemera

(in reply to harley9699)
Post #: 15
RE: Whats up? - 8/8/2012 10:55:31 AM   
Vic

beta patch 2.11 has been posted!

best,
Vic

(in reply to Arditi)
Post #: 16
RE: Whats up? - 8/9/2012 3:26:55 AM   
GunnyJarhead

Where do we find it?

(in reply to Vic)
Post #: 17
RE: Whats up? - 8/9/2012 3:51:48 AM   
GunnyJarhead

Nevermind...found it!

(in reply to GunnyJarhead)
Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Advanced Tactics Series >> Whats up? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI