Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

CoI graphic fault

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> CoI graphic fault Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
CoI graphic fault - 1/4/2012 11:38:53 AM   
wessexboy

Hi

I've bought & downloaded CoI from Matrix. Its installed ok and worked fine for a few days.

Problem: Opened an existing Campaign, graphics are faulty, getting black lines across the screen and when I right click on a unit to open the command box some of the options are missing.

I've uninstalled & reinstalled but still getting the problem

I also play CC Normandy, runs absolutely fine no gliches at all.
Post #: 1
RE: CoI graphic fault - 1/4/2012 4:48:50 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Hello Wessexboy,

If the game was working fine at first, I would suspect maybe something changed with your system in the meantime? Did you install any new video drivers or anything like that?

Does the problem only happen with that one saved campaign game, or does it happen if you try to start a new battle / operation / campaign? What video resolution do you have the game set for (in the game options)? Does it matter if you change it to a lower value?

Steve

(in reply to wessexboy)
Post #: 2
RE: CoI graphic fault - 7/14/2012 10:03:55 AM   
halotab

Graphics doesn't work

I have the same problem, running windows 7 64. When you start playing the game and get to the more complicated graphics. i.e. snow scenes or "rattenkrieg" then the unit controls don't work. e.g. when you click on an unit to get the instruction box, the box is distorted, i.e. only some options appear or no options appear at all. If you try and relocate the units, then the movement line is corrupted. Game becomes unplayable. Anybody got any ideas????

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 3
RE: CoI graphic fault - 7/14/2012 6:08:06 PM   
SteveMcClaire

That sounds like a video card / driver issue with the game.  What card and driver do you have?  You might want to try updating the driver in case this is an issue they fixed in a more recent version.  You might also try changing the game resolution to a lower setting and see if that makes any difference.

Do this problem happen only with some maps / scenarios in the game, and not others?  If so, which do you see it on most often?

Steve

(in reply to halotab)
Post #: 4
RE: CoI graphic fault - 7/14/2012 6:18:02 PM   
halotab

Hi

it is an intel (R) HD. I have tried disabling the driver and that doesn't help. I have also altered the various resolutions and that doesn't help either. The way that the problem seems to appear is as follows. Some games, in particular the summer games work fine. The winter games distort the unit command box. An interesting problem is in the rattenkrieg scenarios, it is as if the grahics are layered. i.e. the background is first, followed by the buildings. the units command box appears behind the buildings. This means that I have might see the first two options i.e. move, move fast, but the rest of the options are hidden behind the building.

Tried everything, totally baffled !

Hey, thank you for the help, its really appreciated !

Post #: 5
RE: CoI graphic fault - 7/14/2012 7:23:16 PM   
SteveMcClaire

I am running CoI on Windows 7 64 bit myself, so I don't think the OS itself is the problem.  The orders menu should never be under the rooftops ... that would mean that something is ignoring or changing the order in which the game does it's drawing.  That really makes me suspect  video card imcompatibility of some sort.  Is there any sort of DirectX or 3D acceleration you can change with your video card?

You might also double check the compatibility settings for the game EXE.  If you use Windows explorer and navigate to the game install directory (normall C:\Program Files\Close Combat\Close Combat III) and right-click on CC3.EXE, then click the "Compatibility" tab, you can verify that it is set for "Windows XP (SP3)" or earlier compatibility. If not, you can set this manually.

(in reply to halotab)
Post #: 6
RE: CoI graphic fault - 7/14/2012 7:30:55 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Some googling lead me to some other reports of graphical issues with Adobe software and this card on the Intel support site.  The Intel support person replied:

quote:

I suggest you to test our generic [driver] version 8.15.10.2656 posted on the following site:

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Graphics&ProductLine=Processor+graphics&ProductProduct=2nd+Generation+Intel%C2%AE+Core%E2%84%A2+Processors+with+Intel%C2%AE+HD+Graphics+3000%2f2000&ProdId=3319&LineId=3310&FamilyId=39

Post #: 7
RE: CoI graphic fault - 7/14/2012 9:21:03 PM   
halotab

Hi

I have tried the compatibility and got nowhere. Looked on the intel site, there is no 8.15.10.2656 although there is an 8.15.10.2696. So will download this one and have a look.

Thanks for your help will let you know if there is any success. (or not......)

cheers

Post #: 8
RE: CoI graphic fault - 7/14/2012 11:22:53 PM   
SteveMcClaire

Also, it appears this Intel card has a "Media Accelerator" driver / application that you can install? If you have this, I'd suggest disabling or uninstalling it, just to see if that is where the incompatibility is.

(in reply to halotab)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat Series >> Close Combat - Cross of Iron >> Cross of Iron Support >> CoI graphic fault Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI