Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

What is this game?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> What is this game? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
What is this game? - 6/19/2012 1:49:40 AM   
Capt Cliff

Is this a tactical game or operational or strategic game? I am really looking for a Civil War game on the computer similar to the old board game The Civil War. Making Terrible Swift Sword would be nice too.

Capt. Cliff
Post #: 1
RE: What is this game? - 6/20/2012 10:14:58 PM   
Bamilus

From the few responses I've gotten it seems like the game is basically similar to Forge of Freedom except it's (apparently) not a grand strategy game but focused more on the tactical battles. They've basically released no information on the game so I could be off by a mile.

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 2
RE: What is this game? - 6/20/2012 11:30:51 PM   
Gil R.

Purely tactical, and indeed similar to some board games. Though some testers have made flattering comparisons with 'Civil War General'.

Bamillus,
We've released some info, but by now it's buried in older threads (or you might have your account set only to show threads no more than 365 days old).

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 3
RE: What is this game? - 6/20/2012 11:36:34 PM   
Gil R.

Hmm. I should probably add that progress continues to be made, despite the need to work on other games as well. I'm right now midway through scripting the CSA's Manassas AI. (We use light scripting, to keep things open-ended. Though in this particular case, some units need to be scripted to guard the fords on the CSA Right, or else they'll all abandon their posts and head towards the central fighting in a rather unhistorical -- not to mention easily exploited! -- way.)

Eric is still working on our most recent release, "Conflict of Heroes," but soon will have time for a new build.

I'll let you know when there's further news.

Michael Jordan plays ball. Charles Manson kills people. I torment eager potential customers by not sharing screenshots of "Brother Against Brother." Everyone has a talent.

(in reply to Capt Cliff)
Post #: 4
RE: What is this game? - 6/21/2012 11:51:35 PM   
Bamilus

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gil R.

Hmm. I should probably add that progress continues to be made, despite the need to work on other games as well. I'm right now midway through scripting the CSA's Manassas AI. (We use light scripting, to keep things open-ended. Though in this particular case, some units need to be scripted to guard the fords on the CSA Right, or else they'll all abandon their posts and head towards the central fighting in a rather unhistorical -- not to mention easily exploited! -- way.)

Eric is still working on our most recent release, "Conflict of Heroes," but soon will have time for a new build.

I'll let you know when there's further news.

Awesome. Keep us posted

Paradox Interactive Forum Refugee

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 5
RE: What is this game? - 7/13/2012 12:40:55 AM   
histgamer

If its close to what Civil War Generals was this will be a huge hit like Panzer Corps was and I will definitely buy it.

(in reply to Bamilus)
Post #: 6
RE: What is this game? - 7/14/2012 1:49:57 PM   
Wardyr

This game is sounding more and more interesting as we are given bits of information here and there. I am always looking for the next Civil War game to play. I have enjoyed all of the Civil War games put out by Matrix and loved testing for War between the States. Hopefully they will open up this one for more testers.

(in reply to histgamer)
Post #: 7
RE: What is this game? - 7/16/2012 1:13:14 AM   
Gil R.

Wardyr,
Your avatar is my laptop desktop image, and has been for a decade or so, spanning my ownership of two laptops. I congratulate you on your taste.

And it can never hurt to express one's interest in testing.

< Message edited by Gil R. -- 7/16/2012 1:14:34 AM >

(in reply to Wardyr)
Post #: 8
RE: What is this game? - 7/16/2012 2:49:18 AM   
Yo`Ho85984

Interest Expressed

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 9
RE: What is this game? - 7/25/2012 4:25:15 AM   
Wardyr

Gil, that picture has been on the desktop of several of my computers for at least a decade as well. I just last year replaced it on my work computer last year with a picture I took from Stone Rivers National Cemetery, but it is still on my laptop.

Should the opportunity arise I would definitely be interested in testing.

Have a great day.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 10
RE: What is this game? - 7/25/2012 7:58:53 PM   
berto

< Message edited by berto -- 7/26/2012 10:14:33 AM >

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 11
RE: What is this game? - 8/11/2012 11:50:44 PM   
Sumter

Will there be an editor for the game? The talk about simularities to Civil War Generals is intriguing, but the editor was one of the best things about that old game.

Thanks

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Brother against Brother: The Drawing of the Sword >> What is this game? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI