Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[REL] Classic SL Hill 621

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Maps, Models and Mods >> [REL] Classic SL Hill 621 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[REL] Classic SL Hill 621 - 7/26/2012 6:03:49 AM   
rickier65

Attached is a zip file that contains a new Map, Random Battle Template, and Scenario.

The scenario is an adaption of the Classic SL Hill 621 scenario.

The file is in JSGME format. I encourage you to use JSGME mod manager, but if you don't use JSGME, you can unzip the file to a temporary folder and then copy the files to their respective folders (the zip file contains the correct folder structure).

Comments and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks
rick

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: [REL] Classic SL Hill 621 - 7/28/2012 11:32:24 PM   
heinrich55

Rick,
I used to use JSGME mod manager (or something similar) way back when I was modding Silent Hunter III but I had to get a new computer and lost most of all that, along with not remembering how to do it.

How does one go about using JSGME mod manager and where is it found? Some step-by-step for an old dog with failing memory would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Heinrich55

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 2
RE: [REL] Classic SL Hill 621 - 7/29/2012 12:03:55 AM   
junk2drive

Here ya go

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1773663

(in reply to heinrich55)
Post #: 3
RE: [REL] Classic SL Hill 621 - 8/3/2012 8:38:08 PM   
heinrich55

J2D, I finally got around to downloading JSGME. Thanks for the reminder and the link on How-To. Thank-you also to Cougar_DK, who provided the step-by-step.

Rick, I just played this out to a Marginal German victory. I'm not sure but I think I might have been hurting the AI morale-wise, as the game ended before the Zvierboi's made it halfway across the map. They were not an issue, thank goodness.

I think your adaptation was excellent. It retained much of the feel of the original, and the map had all those weird angles from ridge lines and plateaus that I remembered so well.

I'll have to go back and play it on hard the next time. I got the impression that the AI wasn't as aggressive as it could have been, unless it was trying to avoid casualties. They never really threatened any of the flags, but it was still a nail-biter at times, especially as I was trying to keep my casualties down. Very nice touch on including the names from the leader counters in the SL game. It was great seeing them again.

The SU-122s made the most serious incursion, starting to move up on the ridge for the center flag. I'd stripped away their tank riders, so they were doing this without infantry protection. They slipped a little too close to some of Stahler's boys in a foxhole. At that moment the one SU-122 noticed my StuH off to the north, perfectly placed for greeting them. They spun to face the assault gun and suddenly erupted in flames, a victim of a panzerfaust expertly place in their side armor. The second SU-122 was still trying to line up a shot when the StuH blew them apart as well. The third one dallied around until they decided that they'd probably be arrested and shot if they started retreating, and they advanced past their brewed up comrades, taking pains to stay at least 30 meters away from the pesky foxhole soldiers. The gunner for the StuH had them all the way, and they too erupted in flames with a proper flank shot. That pretty much ended the main attempt. If the game had gone on longer the SU-152s would have been close enough to make trouble.

All in all, a very enjoyable re-make of one of my favorite SL-ASL scenarios. I think you did a really solid job on this one. Thanks a lot - it was lots of fun.

Heinrich55

(in reply to junk2drive)
Post #: 4
RE: [REL] Classic SL Hill 621 - 8/4/2012 5:45:28 AM   
rickier65

Thanks for the comment Heinrich. I agree with your comment on the Soviet aggressiveness. My playtests were similar, though I did end up loosing the south flag for a few turns, though I was able to recapture it when Gruep's platoon arrived.

Thanks!

(in reply to heinrich55)
Post #: 5
RE: [REL] Classic SL Hill 621 - 8/30/2012 3:49:27 AM   
junk2drive

Should this be in the Scenarios and Campaigns forum?

There is a WIP in the Conflict Of Heroes game forum for the same ASL scenario.

(in reply to rickier65)
Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Panzer Command: Ostfront >> Maps, Models and Mods >> [REL] Classic SL Hill 621 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI