Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

The mystery of supply

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The mystery of supply Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
The mystery of supply - 8/2/2012 12:54:20 AM   
Flicker

I am perplexed by the supply / resources / oil / fuel part of the game. I mean, I get that refineries need oil to make fuel and that troops need supply and that ships need fuel - and I can create convoys to deliver much of that to where it may be needed.

What I don't understand is how inland refineries get supplied with oil - how does that happen? Can I improve the flow? Many of the 'failed checks' are at places I can't send a tanker. Same with resources. For example, why does every resource in China seem to get sent to (the barely hanging on in June 1942 Allied Chinese port of) Pakhoi - I have like a million resources sitting there. How can I tell the resource deliverers that the Japanese are going to take the port and that it would be better for them to take the resources to Chungking (e.g.)?

I've read (IIRC Andy Mac) that improving bases (build up airfield / port) along a supply network helps, but what is a good size? Let's consider Australia: I'm building up the bases along the main rail line from Perth to Port Augusta to Sydney. Is port plus airfield = 3 enough? 5? Does it help oil / resources / fuel? Does building up Las Vegas improve flow between Eastern US and San Diego? Can you improve a line from Bombay to Calcutta? Will supplies flow along the improved path?

It's a mystery...
Post #: 1
RE: The mystery of supply - 8/2/2012 1:10:03 AM   
Shark7

The game automatically moves oil/fuel/resource/supplies via rail or road from ports to inland factory. Its one of those 'under the hood' type things you won't see, but it does happen and works quite efficiently.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Flicker)
Post #: 2
RE: The mystery of supply - 8/2/2012 6:28:14 AM   
Alfred

Read this thread.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2878790&mpage=1&key=logistics%2C101�

Alfred

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 3
RE: The mystery of supply - 8/3/2012 12:46:12 AM   
ilovestrategy

I'm still perplexed by women. Been married for 22 years and still haven't figured it out. I bet Witp supply comes in a close second though for perplexity.

After 16 years, Civ II still has me in it's clutches LOL!!!
Now CIV IV has me in it's evil clutches!

(in reply to Alfred)
Post #: 4
RE: The mystery of supply - 8/3/2012 4:19:46 AM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: ilovestrategy

I'm still perplexed by women. Been married for 22 years and still haven't figured it out. I bet Witp supply comes in a close second though for perplexity.

The answer is 42...

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to ilovestrategy)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The mystery of supply Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI