Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Newbie seeking Japanese player - preferably DaBabes scenarios (closed)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Newbie seeking Japanese player - preferably DaBabes scenarios (closed) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Newbie seeking Japanese player - preferably DaBabes sce... - 8/15/2012 5:01:30 PM   
praetor1944

I'm a newbie and this would me my first PBEM. I've played against the Ironman AI but want the challenge and excitement of playing against a human opponent. The AARs have been very helpful in educating me about what to expect.

Since I'm new to the forums and PBEM, I understand the reluctance to start a game with me. You don't know if I'll quit at the first disaster or just disappear and never respond. There is nothing I can do at this point to convince you otherwise, I'm only asking for a chance. I'm sure I'll make plenty of mistakes but will "endeavor to persevere".

I would prefer the DaBabes scenarios, specifically those with extended map and stacking limits. However, I'm in no position to be particular so I'll take what comes.

I would expect some HRs to be needed but will wait until I actually have an opponent to discuss.

I can play a turn a day (after the initial turns), maybe more on some weekends.

PM if interested.

< Message edited by praetor1944 -- 8/17/2012 10:55:57 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Newbie seeking Japanese player - preferably DaBabes... - 8/15/2012 5:11:00 PM   
AW1Steve

If you start out with short scenarios you'll have no problem finding partners. Heck, I'm usually up for those. Coral Sea is two weeks. Do a bunch of those, playing both sides (there is no production) and soon you'll have both a track record AND experince for the GC. Once you have a couple of regulars to vouche for you , you will have NO problem finding partners. But, like most things in life , you start small. Before you first go big game hunting, it's always good to have shot a few rabbits. Monty Python aside , they don't usually bite as hard! And It's not such a leap of fate for a player to commit for a long term game.

Good luck and welcome!

(in reply to praetor1944)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Opponents Wanted >> Newbie seeking Japanese player - preferably DaBabes scenarios (closed) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI