Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Star Ports and Star Bases

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Star Ports and Star Bases Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Star Ports and Star Bases - 8/19/2012 3:23:05 AM   
Wild_Bill

The Glactapedia only mentions Ports but I have heard others mention building Star Bases out in space and I acquired an abandoned Star Base, but there's no place in the 'all designs' for Star Bases even though it shows the one I already have. I looked through my Space Construction tree and didn't find mention of it. I looked through the Energy and Construction tree and couldn't find it.

I guess my question is are they really different and if so, how do you go about building one? I'm at year 2774 in my current game.

Persistence will take you places Talent never dreamed of.
Post #: 1
RE: Star Ports and Star Bases - 8/19/2012 5:41:59 AM   
Panpiper

A star base is just another term for a base, a 'thing' originally built in the design window that simply didn't have engines, making it immobile, or in other words, a base. A 'star' base is simply a generic term for such a base being built out in space as opposed to on a planet.

(in reply to Wild_Bill)
Post #: 2
RE: Star Ports and Star Bases - 8/19/2012 2:31:41 PM   
Dracus

You can rename your base and call it Star Base Wombat if you want to.

(in reply to Panpiper)
Post #: 3
RE: Star Ports and Star Bases - 8/19/2012 11:09:14 PM   
Wild_Bill

I found it. Using the Design Screen, choose a design from the 'base' role to edit. When you open the 'edit' screen for the design you go to the pull-down menu for 'role' and there is the choice of 'Star Base'. From there it is no different than altering a design for anything else. When you get ready to build it, choose your location, right click it and pick your design. After that it's a matter of paying for it and construction.

(in reply to Dracus)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> The War Room >> Star Ports and Star Bases Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI