Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Creating landing craft ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Creating landing craft ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Creating landing craft ? - 8/19/2012 11:22:26 PM   
sdhundt

Is there anyway to pick the type of landing craft that is created. For example, I don't want any LCT's or LST's but I do want some LCVP's or LCM's, thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Creating landing craft ? - 8/20/2012 2:27:59 AM   
zuluhour

I believe you only get the local type for short island hopping, ergo no. You have to wait for the "ship" types. The creat LC are more akin to barges and Higgins.

(in reply to sdhundt)
Post #: 2
RE: Creating landing craft ? - 8/20/2012 2:48:51 AM   
sdhundt

Well the system is a little messed up.....For example..at any South Pacific base I will create landing craft and the base will create 10 LCT's, I'll do it again and again ONLY LCT's, OK...I'll create again and this time it creates a combination of LCVP's and LCM's, which is what I want.....Kind of a Hit or Miss system don't you think...Oh well...War Is Hell !

(in reply to zuluhour)
Post #: 3
RE: Creating landing craft ? - 8/20/2012 2:55:25 AM   
Fallschirmjager

quote:

ORIGINAL: sdhundt

Well the system is a little messed up.....For example..at any South Pacific base I will create landing craft and the base will create 10 LCT's, I'll do it again and again ONLY LCT's, OK...I'll create again and this time it creates a combination of LCVP's and LCM's, which is what I want.....Kind of a Hit or Miss system don't you think...Oh well...War Is Hell !

All of them are useful and all of them function the same. As the Allies you should have enough supply where you can create a huge mess of landing craft when you need them. By the late war your invasions will usually contain 60-70 at a time in multiple fleets.

(in reply to sdhundt)
Post #: 4
RE: Creating landing craft ? - 8/20/2012 3:10:20 AM   
sdhundt

Ok, thanks......Can I load troops onto a LCT instead of Tanks ?

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 5
RE: Creating landing craft ? - 8/20/2012 3:18:20 AM   
Fallschirmjager

quote:

ORIGINAL: sdhundt

Ok, thanks......Can I load troops onto a LCT instead of Tanks ?

My memory is fuzzy but I am pretty sure yes, you can. However, I think there is some sort of algorithm in the game that will choose the best load outs. So LST's will prioritize tanks, artillery, AA guns and radar. But if they can't find any then they will load supply or people.
It is not perfect however, I have seen four LST's load the proper items only to see the fifth load odd stuff.
But that is why you mix and match them and build them by the dozens and hundreds.

You will lose a lot of them too over the war. Even small DP guns like the 8cm can hit them and do severe damage in 1 hit. And once they are hit their crews are usually low EXP so they didn't get the best training in maritime fire fighting 101.

(in reply to sdhundt)
Post #: 6
RE: Creating landing craft ? - 8/20/2012 3:43:52 AM   
jmalter

IMO, game production adds these LCs to an 'availability pool', when a player tags the 'Create Landing Craft' button, i'm thinking that LCs from the pool appear on a first-in/first-out basis - that is, the purchased LCs appear in the order in which they were produced. presumably when you disband them, they'll be added to the queue (after 30 days) in the order in which they were disbanded.

i've only gotten LCMs & LCVPs so far, and IIRC LCTs can also be purchased this way - but anything sizeable (LCIs, LSTs, LCI(G)s, LSMs, etc.) only enter the game as normal scheduled reinforcements.

i've found the little guys useful, shuttling supply & SeaBees around the southern Solomons. it's a bit ughfortunate that i can't choose which type i'd prefer to buy.

playing DBB_B, there's quite a few more little ships available such as YO & xAPc types.

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Creating landing craft ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI