Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Hearts and Minds

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hearts and Minds Page: <<   < prev  296 297 [298] 299 300   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/21/2012 3:59:14 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

[
Father Kerkorian: Yes, yes. I can see clearly now the rain is gone. ...

Did he sing that, a-la Johnny Nash? Séances are so boring without music.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 8911
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/21/2012 6:01:41 PM   
witpqs

quote:

I am not in a super-high risk area and my quote was $3000 a year with a $50,000 deductible. I checked with State Farm. Damage caused by fire alone after a quake is covered but not the damage from the quake. I went outside and hid the wrench to turn off the gas line after a quake.

Epoxy it in place as an anti-theft measure.

Post #: 8912
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/21/2012 8:35:51 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: princep01

My, oh my, what has California come to.  Do you worry that the western half will shudder and fall off into the Pacific just about the time the Sumatra adventure is about to culminate?  You, SG, the princesses all isolated on an enlarged Catalina Is just when the real fun for the Allies is about to come to fruition!  Life can be most unjust.

California is much more likely to end up like Greece than Catalina. If the southern half of the San Andreas Fault (a strike-slip fault) goes, I will end up about 5-10 ft NW of where I am now but no closer to the water.

Oddly, the California Earthquake Authority (a stste-sponsored earthquake insurance fund) is advertising for more clients. Most likely they are not actuarilly sound and need more suckers. Either that or they are diverting the money to the general fund.

I am not in a super-high risk area and my quote was $3000 a year with a $50,000 deductible. I checked with State Farm. Damage caused by fire alone after a quake is covered but not the damage from the quake. I went outside and hid the wrench to turn off the gas line after a quake.

Yes. I recall such insurance shenanigans around the time of Hurricane Katrina too. Few people had coverage related to Hurricane flooding per se. Some policies covered damage from storm rain flooding, but not sea surge flooding. Most were covered from fire by their policies. A 'curious' number of domeciles burned down in the 9th ward after the hurricane. Funny that.

A big California quake affecting much of So Cal will result in damages in the hundreds of billions-trillion range. I suspect that this California Earthquake Authority may not have the financial chops to sustain such losses. I'd expect some upper management 'openings' immediately following an earthquake. "Spending more time with my family" and all.

Post #: 8913
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/21/2012 9:03:30 PM   
Argos

We are warned about it pretty frequently in the fire service. Major events tend to bring out the worst in a certain percentage of folks, no matter where. The SoCal people might want to be a little leery about the post event fire technique though as SCE has been putting in supplies that have a seismic shut off (a little ball falls off the shelf to block gas flow when shaken hard enough - you need a magnet to reset it and restore the flow...). Hiding the wrench might not be enough and it could be a bit embarrassing explaining the purported gas fire in a structure that has no gas supply.

There are a bunch of similarly funny/sad sorts of things that happen surrounding first responder events (Officer - "your breath smells a bit like alcohol", soon to be suspect "i'm diabetic", officer "excellent, who is you primary care physician so we can confirm.", suspect "ahhhh ummmmmm errrrr"). Watching kids who have wrecked a car and are hiding in a field to avoid speaking with officers learn about the multiple uses for a thermal imager is great sport - they can never figure out how the officer can walk directly to them in the dark. My favorite was a guy who was faking seizures/unconsciousness to get out of the pending alcohol, controlled subsistence, and other more advanced charges who got a field catheter for his acting skills. Instantly lucid and the seizures cleared right up - he deserved much worse.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8914
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/21/2012 9:39:32 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: Argos

We are warned about it pretty frequently in the fire service. Major events tend to bring out the worst in a certain percentage of folks, no matter where. The SoCal people might want to be a little leery about the post event fire technique though as SCE has been putting in supplies that have a seismic shut off (a little ball falls off the shelf to block gas flow when shaken hard enough - you need a magnet to reset it and restore the flow...). Hiding the wrench might not be enough and it could be a bit embarrassing explaining the purported gas fire in a structure that has no gas supply.

THE BAAAAHSTERDS! Oh wait, I have The Gas Company for my gas. Maybe it will still work. If not I can go with with my stupid 100 lb Lab got scared by the quake and knocked over my computer and started an electrical fire.

quote:

There are a bunch of similarly funny/sad sorts of things that happen surrounding first responder events (Officer - "your breath smells a bit like alcohol", soon to be suspect "i'm diabetic", officer "excellent, who is you primary care physician so we can confirm.", suspect "ahhhh ummmmmm errrrr"). Watching kids who have wrecked a car and are hiding in a field to avoid speaking with officers learn about the multiple uses for a thermal imager is great sport - they can never figure out how the officer can walk directly to them in the dark. My favorite was a guy who was faking seizures/unconsciousness to get out of the pending alcohol, controlled subsistence, and other more advanced charges who got a field catheter for his acting skills. Instantly lucid and the seizures cleared right up - he deserved much worse.

Yeah, like this:

CHiP: I stopped you because you don't have have your shoulder harness on, ma'am.

PG: Oh, yes officer. I just had brest implants and they hurt. See? <does traffic stop chest thrust>

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 8/21/2012 9:41:09 PM >

(in reply to Argos)
Post #: 8915
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/21/2012 9:47:27 PM   
Argos

known arsonist technique - dip mouse in lighter fluid, light mouse, release mouse in target structure - multiple origin points:very hard to investigate.

Honestly Cap I'd go with the overworked compressor on that big refrig (plus think of the assets they must have for a pain and suffering legal action..), you have history of issues and documented repair attempts by professionals - might even be able to claim the Homer Simpson emergency air conditioning technique caused the issue if you still have power after whatever your disaster du jour will be...

Post #: 8916
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/21/2012 9:53:26 PM   
Argos

Oh and I have a story for whenever the convention is that involves a female exhibitionist housewife into some very odd 'adult recreational activities', a structure fire, impaired visibility in scba masks, and salvage operations gone so wrong I had to do an emergency exit from the structure with my crew because of air consumption caused by crew laughter at my expense...

(in reply to Argos)
Post #: 8917
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/21/2012 10:41:52 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Oh and I have a story for whenever the convention is that involves a female exhibitionist housewife into some very odd 'adult recreational activities', a structure fire, impaired visibility in scba masks, and salvage operations gone so wrong I had to do an emergency exit from the structure with my crew because of air consumption caused by crew laughter at my expense...

Is there a time that's *not* appropriate for divulging such a story, Argos? Inquiring minds want to know! Pictures too, if possible.

(in reply to Argos)
Post #: 8918
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/21/2012 10:50:52 PM   
witpqs

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chickenboy

quote:

Is there a time that's *not* appropriate for divulging such a story, Argos? Inquiring minds want to know! Pictures too, if possible.

And if no pictures, we wants your artistic rendering!

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8919
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 12:23:21 AM   
princep01

Here in Texas we fret continually about the merciless force of hurricanes.  However, we are well protected by the state Raging Wind, Incoming Tide w/ red Tide fish kills and neighbor's tree thru the Roof Fund.  It operates much like the California earthuake, Crack in the Earth Fund; that is it begs for customers who basically laugh at the thought and build ever larger beach homes with all glass fronts (for that perfect view of the 2 foot surf of brownish blue water).

Ah yes, we inland sorts smirk....how is it that the rich and powerful are soon parted from their wealth and fancy beach front getaways?  We, pray for rain...of any sort, any time.  Woe, woe unto the heathen rich that build their homes on the shifting, sandy foundations, then lament and pound their chests when the forces of nature annually gather in the early fall.  A pox upon their hideaways and all within.    

Post #: 8920
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 7:18:57 AM   
CaptDave

Well, at least the inlanders not living alongside a river might smirk. The ones on the river are too worried about when the next flood will come so they can rebuild the whole town yet again in the same place!

(in reply to princep01)
Post #: 8921
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 2:21:06 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Here is the deal with government subsidized "insurance" products. There is a reason it has to be "subsidized". This should be your first warning sign.

I am pretty sure M&M Enterprises, Risk Division would never offer such a product...that is..without a very robust "escape clause"

As for my back-up property insurance idea, I am very disappointed. Very disappointed. You think you have an original idea and the same thing has already been arrived at by hundreds of current or future felons across the nation. Probably one of you ungrateful baaaahsterds would turn my in, anyway.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 8/22/2012 2:51:29 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 8922
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 2:24:16 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

She wasn't an architectural compliance officer for an HOA was she and this didn't involve lederhosen with strategic cut outs did it?

(in reply to Argos)
Post #: 8923
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 2:24:56 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Damndest thing happened. A turn came back. Santa Maria!

Post #: 8924
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 2:46:43 PM   
Cap Mandrake

************All New Bali Hai Club, Darwin, Jan 31, 1943************

Sec. Treasurer Brisbane City Council:...but Brisbane has been blessed. She's never been touched in this war. Sydney had that carrier raid in early '42 and we have had a couple of sub sighting but none closer than 200 miles.

Man in fine linen slacks: No, no, no. That is precisely the wrong attitude. Look at Darwin.

Sec. Treasurer Brisbane City Council: Yes, look at Darwin. They were under Jap occupation for 7 months.

Man in fine linen slacks: Aha, but look at the place now, crawling with GI's and diggers. Look at this place. We've only been open a week. War is good for business, my friend. The color of scarcity is green. Here is the deal. M&M Enterprises Risk Division's premium war insurance product is not to cover you if your city is attacked. It is to cover the potential catastrophe of NOT being attacked!

Sec. Treasurer Brisbane City Council: <jaw gapes open..starts doing mental caluclations>

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 8/22/2012 2:50:50 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 8925
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 3:18:12 PM   
witpqs

You would think Cap is off doing the turn or somethin'. I hope there's no planning involved.

Post #: 8926
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 3:27:39 PM   
Cap Mandrake

************IJN submarine, 4000 yds off Brisbane Harbour, 02:20, Feb. 4, 1943(c)*************

She moves slowly on the surface from South to North on a moonless night. The city has been incautiously lit for a festival to welcome the expected influx of money to the city budget.

IJN sub Captain: <calls down from sail after taking drag from cigarette> OK, shoot gun!

Gun crew chief: Hai! What round sir?

IJN sub Captain: Whatever got.

Gun crew chief: Hai! Whata target sir?

IJN sub Captain: <now evidently annoyed> CITY! SHOOT AT CITY! Ito not care.

Gun crew chief: HAI! <he salutes and turns to gun crew. A few terse orders are issued and they spring into practiced action. The gun begins to slew toward the target. In seconds there is a tremondous flash and the round is away. The crew chief calls>

BANZAI! < and is answered by the crew> BANZAI!

BANZAI! ............. BANZAI!

<To say they are excited does not quite do it jsutice>

IJN sub Captain: <roll his eyes and then stubs out cigarette> HEY...SHINTO BOYS! WHAT YOU THINK? EMPEROR'S BIRTHDAY? RETS GET OUT OF HERE!

Post #: 8927
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 3:29:11 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

************All New Bali Hai Club, Darwin, Jan 31, 1943************

Sec. Treasurer Brisbane City Council:...but Brisbane has been blessed. She's never been touched in this war. Sydney had that carrier raid in early '42 and we have had a couple of sub sighting but none closer than 200 miles.

Man in fine linen slacks: No, no, no. That is precisely the wrong attitude. Look at Darwin.

Sec. Treasurer Brisbane City Council: Yes, look at Darwin. They were under Jap occupation for 7 months.

Man in fine linen slacks: Aha, but look at the place now, crawling with GI's and diggers. Look at this place. We've only been open a week. War is good for business, my friend. The color of scarcity is green. Here is the deal. M&M Enterprises Risk Division's premium war insurance product is not to cover you if your city is attacked. It is to cover the potential catastrophe of NOT being attacked!

Sec. Treasurer Brisbane City Council: <jaw gapes open..starts doing mental caluclations>

History (Post-War (a)) will show that he should have bought the long term river flood insurance.
Unfortunately, Milo (WWII (c) already knew not to offer it because of his Post-War (a) former life.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 8928
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 5:23:19 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

Probably one of you ungrateful baaaahsterds would turn my in, anyway.

Only if there was a promise of financial gain for the act, Cap'n. Or fame. Or perceived social justice. Or social 'power'. Or a rollicking good laugh. Or just to get our rocks off. Or for the opportunity to console your HOA hottie / PG in your absence. Otherwise, we're loyal unto the end.

ETA: Forgot about the prospect of impressing Jodie Foster or Stalker Girl. That would be another reason.

< Message edited by Chickenboy -- 8/22/2012 5:49:10 PM >

Post #: 8929
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 5:26:13 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

************IJN submarine, 4000 yds off Brisbane Harbour, 02:20, Feb. 4, 1943(c)*************

She moves slowly on the surface from South to North on a moonless night. The city has been incautiously lit for a festival to welcome the expected influx of money to the city budget.

IJN sub Captain: <calls down from sail after taking drag from cigarette> OK, shoot gun!

Gun crew chief: Hai! What round sir?

IJN sub Captain: Whatever got.

Gun crew chief: Hai! Whata target sir?

IJN sub Captain: <now evidently annoyed> CITY! SHOOT AT CITY! Ito not care.

Gun crew chief: HAI! <he salutes and turns to gun crew. A few terse orders are issued and they spring into practiced action. The gun begins to slew toward the target. In seconds there is a tremondous flash and the round is away. The crew chief calls>

BANZAI! < and is answered by the crew> BANZAI!

<To say they are excited does not quite do it jsutice>

IJN sub Captain: <roll his eyes and then stubs out cigarette> HEY...SHINTO BOYS! WHAT YOU THINK? EMPEROR'S BIRTHDAY? RETS GET OUT OF HERE!

By Odin, that oughta work!

Post #: 8930
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 6:09:32 PM   
BBfanboy

Yeah - a Jap sub bombarded Vancouver Island in 1942, but it stubbornly refused to sink. However the Canadian Government was forced to respond and festooned a hundred yards of beach with five strands of barbed wire and two machine gun nests, manned only during daylight hours ...

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8931
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 6:28:45 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

Yeah - a Jap sub bombarded Vancouver Island in 1942, but it stubbornly refused to sink. However the Canadian Government was forced to respond and festooned a hundred yards of beach with five strands of barbed wire and two machine gun nests, manned only during daylight hours ...

Is there a lot of consanguinity out there? I cant belive they fell for the War Insurance thingy. They probably paid quite a premium too...because they were unlikely to be a target.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 8932
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 8:33:39 PM   
BBfanboy

Dunno about consanguinity, but Milo certainly gets around - looks like he did business worldwide in WWII(a), doesn't it?

Post #: 8933
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 8:50:55 PM   
Cap Mandrake

**************Jan 30, 1943(c)********

Ternate: A surface group centered around Portland arrives to replace PoW and they run into a Jap DD which is evidently on a fast transport or evac mission. The LYB's manage to get off a Long Lance and ventillate Portland before they are gunned into oblivion. Admiral Patterson spots Harukaze on radar...then drives right up next to her and presents himself for maximum torpedo exposure.

Hey, chowderhead! How about tossing a few rounds downrange with the radar first?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Night Time Surface Combat, near Batjan at 78,105, Range 1,000 Yards

Japanese Ships
DD Harukaze, Shell hits 11, and is sunk

Allied Ships
CA Portland, Torpedo hits 1, on fire
CL Hobart
DD Chevalier
DD Nicholas
DD O'Bannon
DD Fanning
DD Tjerk Hiddes

Japanese ground losses:
78 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 2 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 5 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 0 disabled
Guns lost 5 (1 destroyed, 4 disabled)

Reduced sighting due to 28% moonlight
Maximum visibility in Partly Cloudy Conditions and 28% moonlight: 1,000 yards
Range closes to 27,000 yards...
Range closes to 25,000 yards...
Range closes to 23,000 yards...
Range closes to 21,000 yards...
Range closes to 19,000 yards...
Range closes to 17,000 yards...
Range closes to 15,000 yards...
Range closes to 13,000 yards...
Range closes to 11,000 yards...
Range closes to 10,000 yards...
Range closes to 9,000 yards...
Range closes to 8,000 yards...
Range closes to 7,000 yards...
Range closes to 6,000 yards...
Range closes to 5,000 yards...
Range closes to 4,000 yards...
Range closes to 3,000 yards...
Range closes to 2,000 yards...
Range closes to 1,000 yards...
Patterson D. crosses the 'T'
Massive explosion on CA Portland
Magazine explodes on DD Harukaze
DD Harukaze sunk by CA Portland at 1,000 yards
DD Harukaze sunk by CA Portland at 1,000 yards
Combat ends with last Japanese ship sunk...

Portland will be OK..but will need dry dock. I almost feel sorry for the ground troops on Harukaze....OK, I'm over it.

The amphbious group with the RCT arrives safely at Terante. CAP is effective in disuading LYB attacks.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 8/22/2012 8:53:48 PM >

Post #: 8934
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 8:54:21 PM   
Chickenboy

quote:

I don't recall this Combat Report tidbit before...seems kind of redundant. Obviously a torpedo DID explode against the Portland-isn't that by definition-a massive explosion? I wonder if the inclusion of this Combat Report note is indicative of being hit by a rong rance instead of a 53cm version?

Post #: 8935
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 8:56:55 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Manado: The Royal Navy bombards Manado. Helens and Tojos are there.

Night Naval bombardment of Manado at 75,99

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-49-IIa Helen: 1 damaged
Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 16 damaged
Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 1 destroyed on ground

Allied Ships
BB Prince of Wales
BC Repulse
CL Concord
CL Perth

Japanese ground losses:
125 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 10 disabled
Engineers: 2 destroyed, 1 disabled

Airbase hits 5
Airbase supply hits 4
Runway hits 36
Port hits 3
Port fuel hits 3

The B-17 attack from Saumlaki is not very effective. Wrong Air HQ and only level 4 base. Also recon is not good enough on Manado yet.

Morning Air attack on Manado , at 75,99

Weather in hex: Severe storms

Raid detected at 19 NM, estimated altitude 17,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 5 minutes

Allied aircraft
B-17E Fortress x 13
P-39D Airacobra x 2

Allied aircraft losses
B-17E Fortress: 1 damaged

Runway hits 2

Post #: 8936
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 8:58:24 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

quote:

I don't recall this Combat Report tidbit before...seems kind of redundant. Obviously a torpedo DID explode against the Portland-isn't that by definition-a massive explosion? I wonder if the inclusion of this Combat Report note is indicative of being hit by a rong rance instead of a 53cm version?

Yes, odd. Portland does have 30% flood damage but a small fire.

(in reply to Chickenboy)
Post #: 8937
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 9:00:40 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Kendari: Gets spanked again.

Morning Air attack on Kendari , at 70,106

Weather in hex: Severe storms

Raid spotted at 20 NM, estimated altitude 15,000 feet.
Estimated time to target is 6 minutes

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Allied aircraft
B-24D Liberator x 55
F4U-1 Corsair x 6

Japanese aircraft losses
Ki-44-IIa Tojo: 1 destroyed on ground

Allied aircraft losses
B-24D Liberator: 1 damaged

Japanese Ships
xAK Kaimei Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire
xAK Yamayuri Maru, Bomb hits 1, on fire

Airbase hits 3
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 12
Port fuel hits 1

Post #: 8938
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 9:03:24 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Wyndham: JJ is "not dead yet". They have Ronsons too.

Ground combat at Wyndham (70,127)

Allied Deliberate attack

Attacking force 6063 troops, 63 guns, 417 vehicles, Assault Value = 392

Defending force 6198 troops, 68 guns, 204 vehicles, Assault Value = 145

Allied adjusted assault: 182

Japanese adjusted defense: 529

Allied assault odds: 1 to 2 (fort level 3)

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), forts(+), leaders(-), experience(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
Vehicles lost 20 (8 destroyed, 12 disabled)

Allied ground losses:
386 casualties reported
Squads: 2 destroyed, 68 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 4 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 3 disabled
Vehicles lost 15 (1 destroyed, 14 disabled)

Assaulting units:
2/7th Armoured Regiment
3rd Motor Brigade
4th Armoured Brigade

Defending units:
7th Ind.Tank Brigade
21st Air Flotilla
6th Air Defense AA Regiment
80th JAAF AF Bn
3rd Provisional Base Force

Post #: 8939
RE: Hearts and Minds - 8/22/2012 9:05:40 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

quote:

Yes, odd. Portland does have 30% flood damage but a small fire.

I have seen "MASSIVE EXPLOSION" messages after hits from gunfire, bombs and torps. I believe it means explosion of a secondary magazine which causes twice as much damage as a "CRITICAL DAMAGE" hit but is not fatal like a main "MAGAZINE EXPLOSION".

< Message edited by BBfanboy -- 8/22/2012 9:07:00 PM >

Post #: 8940
Page:   <<   < prev  296 297 [298] 299 300   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Hearts and Minds Page: <<   < prev  296 297 [298] 299 300   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI