Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Round 2 Allies vs Axis

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Strategic War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> Round 2 Allies vs Axis Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Round 2 Allies vs Axis - 8/26/2012 8:13:56 PM   
ricodc

swe

2nd report.

Going start this AAR from July 42. Im controlling GB & USA & controlling al options including convoys.

Recap so far. France,Greece,Yougoslavia & Norway etc have all fallen. My tactics for this my 2nd game it for quality over quantity. So spent lots on reasearch.
USA has entered the war as well.

My first target is North Africa. The Brits with Monty in charge have recently took Tobruk. British Navy is in full control of the seas.

1 July 1942 (T 35/70)

Along with support from Med Fleet. Montgomery takes Tobruk from the Itallians. The VIII Mech Army along with XIII Corps Armour take Tobruk with light Causalties.
Controlling the med is the 5th Submarine Flotilla, Mediterranean Fleet & the reserve Fleet. Backed up with the US Atlantic Squadron & the US II Army.

other Allies Iraq protect the border with USSr & Turkey.

On the diplomatic front Great Britain try's to pressure Turkey to join the Allies.

1 Aug 1942 (36/70)

Germany attempts to break through the home Fleet for Atlantic. Raf bombers out of Scapa Flow sink 2 subs, While home fleet take out another 2.
In North Africa Monty moves towards Tripoli with Armour & Infantry taking out a retreating Italian Army.

On the diplomatic front USA try's to pressure Turkey to join the Allies. (entry now at 76%)

1 September (37/70)

German fleet moves into Channel followed by the Home Fleet.
Brtish forces in striking distance from Tripoli.

1 October 1942 (38/70)

Total disaster for the German fleet caught in the channel by the home fleet supported by Raf bombers heavy losses inflicted on German fleet.

1 November 1942 (39/70) (pic)

German fleet still cornered in channel. British forces attack Tripoli.

1 December 1942 (40/70)

At last the Allies have somthing cheer for. Tripoli falls & Italians defeated in North Africa. Med Fleet sails for Tobruk for repairs.

Slow start to year just repairing units & preparing for next push. Both British & US Navys reinforced with another Fleet Carrier. Royal Navy Home Fleet sent to MEd
to prepare for invasion of Italy. While Med fleet sent home for repairs.At this point VP as follows.

Allies 63
Axis 144
USSR 10

1 May 1943 (45/70) (pic)

British XX Infantry Army Land in southern italy. Quickly taking the port of Palerno.
US Starts sending Troops to Uk in preperation for D day

June/July 1943

British land more units in Southern Italy. Germany sends Panzer division to reinforce the Italians.
Us repairs fleet & starts building new Tank division.

1 Aug 1943 (48/70) (pic)

Italian troop transport sunk in med by the Birtish Home fleet. Shock move in souther Italy after Air strikes from both British Fleet carriers & 79 tact Bombers German 18th Panzer army withdraws.

Two tac bomber units catch German fleet in North atlantic. Us 59 Carrier group joins the attack with 3 British cruisers giving support.

1 September

Raf continues attack on the German fleet. Germans recover send 2 Panzer armys south to assist Italians in southern Italy.

US Atlantic fleet repaired & heads to join attack on german fleet in North Atlantic.
America puts pressure on Portugal to join the Allied cause.

1 October 1943. (pic)

The British continue push in Italy. The German fleet retreats into the Channel running straight into the refitted Med Fleet.
The Us supports the invasion of Italy sending Tac bombers & redeploying the Atlantic Fleet in the Med. The Us also continues diplomatic moves get Portugal join the Allies.

1 November

Action continues in Channel & southern Italy. Romanian troops arrive to assist the Italians.
British pressure succeds & Turkey joins the Allies. The Us also presuades Portugal to join the Allied cause.

1 January 144 (53/70) (pic political map)

As you can see from the map my campaign hangs in the balance. Yet again the Russians let the side down. They are just hanging their.

In the Med/Africa. Invasion of Italy my Allies going well. Germans attacking Noth Iraq. Ive pushed the Turks into Romania but the Germans have snet Panze Army to assist.

VP are as follows

Allies 77
Axis 146
USSR 8

My plan now is try quickly knock the Italians out the war. (hopefully drawing more German troops into the defence.) Preparing for D Day. Hoping Iraq holds out & that the
Turks can cause some dmage in ROmania. Im guessing the Axis is pretty stretched out at the moment. But the real worry is if the two small paockets of soviet resistance crumble.
Im going face a full assualt by Germany.

1 March 1944

British break through German panzers & head for Rome. Russia still hangs.

1st April

British still grinding away at the Italian defences. The Fleet inks KMS Admiral Scheer.

1st July (59/70) (pic)

British on outskirts of Rome. Elsewhere war going no where. Iraq invade by Germans. Russian troops no where to be seen.

1st September 1944

USSR Surrenders.

1st October (62/70)

German reinforcemants arrive in Italy.
D day landings trying force Axis pull back from Iraq & italy.

1st November Allies sue for peace. (you cant in game but the war was over).

Reflection
-----------

The British Campaign was mostly a success. Took over North Africa invaded Italy getting within site of Rome. Dominating the Med,North Sea & Atlantic.
As for the US I dont think I really used them well apart from the US Atlantic fleet.

Also managed to get Portugal & Turkey onto the Allied side.

But the main failure again was the AI controlled USSR. The AI Axis easily through them leaving two pockets of soviet resistance. one in North East of the map.
The other to the North of Iraq. So Italy was quickly backed up with 4 Panzer armys. While leaving some of Eastern Front to return France & the rest swinging south
to attack Iraq.
Post #: 1
RE: Round 2 Allies vs Axis - 8/26/2012 9:04:29 PM   
Tac2i

Sounds like it was a lot of fun... I haven't had the time to play through a full campaign as yet. Well I have but can't seem to break myself away from Advanced Tactics Gold as I was in a fun fight there. After the conclusion of it I'll get to a game of SWE.

Tac2i (formerly webizen)

(in reply to ricodc)
Post #: 2
RE: Round 2 Allies vs Axis - 9/8/2012 5:39:06 AM   
lancecorpD

Congrats on a thrilling allied campaign. however means nothing as German always wins in Russia and comes down into middle east to wreck everything. Until USSR campaign is corrected there is almost no point to all this.

(in reply to ricodc)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Strategic War in Europe >> After Action Reports >> Round 2 Allies vs Axis Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI