Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip]

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/17/2012 6:45:35 PM   
Quadro7F

Biases are ready. If you can see some issue or incorrect values, which do not fit to ME Universe, please tell us.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Quadro7F)
Post #: 61
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/17/2012 9:12:41 PM   
Tyrador

Nice work!This will be best mod in DW series
Maybe only thing is name:Human Alliance, it should be just Human.

(in reply to Quadro7F)
Post #: 62
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/17/2012 10:11:08 PM   
Quadro7F

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tyrador

Nice work!This will be best mod in DW series
Maybe only thing is name:Human Alliance, it should be just Human.

Thanx, Tyrador!
Yeah, this is old name used in this table only, sry for that. Actual alliance name is "Humans", because "Human" occupied by vanilla race. So we have 2 human races - they a little different in parameters (not much).
Also we have an idea to name them just "Alliance", or maybe its better to unite them?

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 63
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/18/2012 6:35:23 PM   
Tyrador

Alliance is the government, Human is the race. As the game will be randomly generated, so will be governments of each race. If humans happen to be an empire, it will be pretty confusing to name them Alliance.

(in reply to Quadro7F)
Post #: 64
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/19/2012 1:48:35 AM   
Munchkin9

Sadly it still wont be possible to make a roving colony fleet as the Quarians actually have in the game but still amazing job.

(in reply to Tyrador)
Post #: 65
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/19/2012 2:35:06 PM   
ASHBERY76

quote:

ORIGINAL: Munchkin9

Sadly it still wont be possible to make a roving colony fleet as the Quarians actually have in the game but still amazing job.

Not needed for a ME4 mod.

Hurry up releasing this mod.I want those ships.

(in reply to Munchkin9)
Post #: 66
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/20/2012 2:42:57 PM   
JustOneGuy

I can't wait...
Hopefully you release it soon, I want to bomb these Asari colonies!

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 67
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/21/2012 9:46:27 AM   
Quadro7F

There's only balancing and characters left. It is possible what some changes would require after first release, because races are very different with their strong and weak sides, according ME univers.

Starting point in the mod - 2183 year, so political and economical situation based on this period.

Here is actual balance:

Attachment (1)

(in reply to JustOneGuy)
Post #: 68
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/22/2012 5:31:55 PM   
Bleek

Really detailed work, not only that but the imagery looks great too.

As I've said before I'm not a particular fan of ME but I don't care, this mod looks just great.

(in reply to Quadro7F)
Post #: 69
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/28/2012 11:46:15 PM   
Kalthaniell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bleek

As I've said before I'm not a particular fan of ME but I don't care, this mod looks just great.

I think after we release this mod there might be a bit more ME fans out there :)

BTW: we've finished the 1.00 release. We'll test it a bit to make sure it's good to go and I'll post it. It's 180mb in .rar, not counting the additional stuff (planets, weapons etc) which is about 120mb :P

(in reply to Bleek)
Post #: 70
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/29/2012 5:22:53 AM   
RICO7878

Looks awesome guys! Can't wait to try it out, keep up the great work!

(in reply to Kalthaniell)
Post #: 71
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/29/2012 9:26:40 AM   
Bleek

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kalthaniell

quote:

I think after we release this mod there might be a bit more ME fans out there :)

BTW: we've finished the 1.00 release. We'll test it a bit to make sure it's good to go and I'll post it. It's 180mb in .rar, not counting the additional stuff (planets, weapons etc) which is about 120mb :P

I completed ME but still have ME2 sat in my Steam account, never installed or played!

At that size it sounds like a rather comprehensive mod, I'm sure it'll go down well as it looks top drawer.

Post #: 72
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/29/2012 11:47:42 AM   
Kalthaniell

quote:

quote:

quote:

I completed ME but still have ME2 sat in my Steam account, never installed or played!

At that size it sounds like a rather comprehensive mod, I'm sure it'll go down well as it looks top drawer.

Thx

I'm waiting on Quadro to give me a green light (he's testing the 1.00) and then I'll post. I guess I'll make some screenshot and previews for the main thread in the meantime.

The most notable changes from alpha are:
-alternative (white /silver) ships for turians.
-some character pics improvements.
-generic characters from ME postponed for a later version.
-sound tweaks.
-improved weapon effects.
-anything Quadro will decide to change before 1.00.

The stuff you will probably notice is that some ships have extra 'unwanted' lights and engine glows. We left it for 1.01 because we were quite eager to let you guys have a chance to enjoy it.
We didn't test the mod for prolonged gameplay, so we couldn't correct game balance above what we thought would work best. Still, I think Quadro did an excellent job on the races statistics and it should work well. Due to lack of late game testing, I was thinking some of the more pro-active players who feel like it might make an AAR using the mod. It would be a great review and source of pride for us

One last thing. The graphics addon and sound addon are optional because they will override original game files. However, I would strongly recommend installing them as they are an important part of the mod and take it to a whole new level of awesomeness IMHO.

(in reply to Bleek)
Post #: 73
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/29/2012 5:59:37 PM   
JustOneGuy

Finally a release! It looks amazing, very great work of the two of you! :D

< Message edited by JustOneGuy -- 8/29/2012 6:14:02 PM >

Post #: 74
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/29/2012 6:49:09 PM   
Bleek

Downloaded, installed, hopefully I'll get chance to play this weekend! :)

(in reply to JustOneGuy)
Post #: 75
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/29/2012 8:04:22 PM   
ASHBERY76

Nice work but some moans.The Alliance exploration ships black trim cannot be seen on the map and the real Shepard has balls.

(in reply to Bleek)
Post #: 76
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/29/2012 8:43:37 PM   
Kalthaniell

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

Nice work but some moans.The Alliance exploration ships black trim cannot be seen on the map and the real Shepard has balls.

We will be polishing the ships in 1.01. As for the the Shepard I agree, male is the way to go :P I'm not the only one who has a say in this though ;) Generic characters is something we will debate and decide in the near future. They need to be done right so we will take extra time for them.

quote:

Finally a release! It looks amazing, very great work of the two of you!

Thx! ^^

< Message edited by Kalthaniell -- 8/29/2012 8:45:54 PM >

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 77
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 8/30/2012 4:36:50 AM   
Verstorbene

I'm going to play the crap out of this. As the Geth. No more structural weaknesses for me.

Post #: 78
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 9/1/2012 7:28:17 PM   
Belhoriann

Wow ! Big thanks for this mod. Being a fan of Mass Effect since the first episode, I will follow your work closely

(in reply to Verstorbene)
Post #: 79
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 9/3/2012 2:22:23 AM   
Verstorbene

quote:

ORIGINAL: Verstorbene

I'm going to play the crap out of this. As the Geth. No more structural weaknesses for me.

Heh. Speaking of which, I spawned right next to Quarians.

Post #: 80
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 9/3/2012 4:40:41 AM   
Ares106

"enable RoTs and DW:L events and storyline"

Are you sure about this?

ancient guardians are a little strange for the Mass Effect universe. And all the ship graveyards...

Post #: 81
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 9/3/2012 7:43:35 PM   
Kalthaniell

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ares106

Are you sure about this?

ancient guardians are a little strange for the Mass Effect universe. And all the ship graveyards...

Yeah, it's required for a reaper invasion. Ancient guardians will be better incorporated into the mod later on. As for the ship graveyards we will replace them with ships from Prothean Cycle mod. All in due time of course. Sadly there is no way to make a perfectly accurate Mass Effect mod on DW so we work with what we have :) I think it's pretty good anyway

(in reply to Ares106)
Post #: 82
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 9/3/2012 7:46:07 PM   
Kalthaniell

quote:

quote:

Heh. Speaking of which, I spawned right next to Quarians.

Must have been fun :P What did you do with them? Assimilate/Control/Destroy? :P

Post #: 83
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 9/5/2012 3:59:34 AM   
Ares106

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ares106

Are you sure about this?

Yeah, it's required for a reaper invasion. Ancient guardians will be better incorporated into the mod later on. As for the ship graveyards we will replace them with ships from Prothean Cycle mod. All in due time of course. Sadly there is no way to make a perfectly accurate Mass Effect mod on DW so we work with what we have :) I think it's pretty good anyway

I see, well don't get me wrong! The mod is amazing so far I was able to play for a few hours Monday afternoon, graphics and effects are excellent leader pictures very well done I like the tech tree and the race attributes and the music! Just perfect! It really helps the immersion (also unused to play legions and loved that game too).

I was thinking to post some pictures and perhaps a lite aar. Unfortunately later in the day I found out that I have a major rootkit malware infestation. Now I probably will not be able to play for a few days while i try to fix it every day after work.

I hate life sometimes.

Post #: 84
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 9/5/2012 4:30:25 AM   
HectorOfTroy

If I download the ME mod (but don't Sound and Graphics add-ons) will the ME mod still have all the music, graphics, etc when I play it?

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 85
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 9/5/2012 11:47:45 AM   
Kalthaniell

quote:

ORIGINAL: HectorOfTroy

If I download the ME mod (but don't Sound and Graphics add-ons) will the ME mod still have all the music, graphics, etc when I play it?

You will have music and shipsets but you wont have effects and planet graphics. The weapon and other sounds will be unchanged too. No UI changes too.

quote:

I see, well don't get me wrong! The mod is amazing so far I was able to play for a few hours Monday afternoon, graphics and effects are excellent leader pictures very well done I like the tech tree and the race attributes and the music! Just perfect! It really helps the immersion (also unused to play legions and loved that game too).

Thx :D we are trying to make sth exceptional just as ME is. It always feels good to hear words of appreciation.

(in reply to HectorOfTroy)
Post #: 86
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 9/16/2012 2:16:27 AM   
jpinard

Is there a way we can have two totally different versions of the game running? I tried copying the Distant Worlds folder to a secondary directory but it still runs with the presets (and as far as I could tell everything else) from the main installation directory (even though I launched the game from the new modded folder).

Post #: 87
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 9/16/2012 2:27:42 AM   
Nedrear

That is strange. It uses the same registry in the main machine but it should read the corresponding folder. I can start my Galactic War Mod Folder just fine without Vanilla. Try copying it again and do not use a launcher. Just start it directly through the main exe.

One Thread To Guide Them All

"Nothing incorporeal wields such power as a word. Though it is the weapon of the smart and cunning it alas needs the same to prevail."

(in reply to jpinard)
Post #: 88
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 9/16/2012 3:04:52 AM   
jpinard

Oh that's my problem then :( I cannot run the game without the launcher, it always crashes for some reason if I use the DistantWorlds.exe

<<edit>>

Nedrear - thank you!!! I got it to work! Tried a bunch of stuff with the exe and surprisingly all I needed was to run as admin for all modes and now I can do it. Yea!!!!!

< Message edited by jpinard -- 9/16/2012 3:33:49 AM >

(in reply to Nedrear)
Post #: 89
RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] - 9/24/2012 6:33:05 AM   
Shepard1707

I apologize if I missed this, but which of the expansions does this require?

(in reply to jpinard)
Post #: 90
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: MASS EFFECT MOD [wip] Page: <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI